Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,136 posts
  • 282 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190318_175225274 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190318_175228007 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190318_175307198 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190318_175405580 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2019-03-16-14-32-28 (resized).png
    BM66cab (resized).jpg
    IMG_3603 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3605 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3604 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3601 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3602 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3600 (resized).jpg
    industry titan (resized).png
    Screenshot_2018-05-06-17-53-06 (resized).png
    698F0DA8-4AB3-4602-862C-88E94EFA4BE3 (resized).jpeg
    nothing (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1918 6 years ago
    Quoted from 0geist0:

So Stern will warranty somebodies work that they don't know if they have the talent to do it?
    Doesn't sound right to me.

Stern will warranty your work on specific basic project (swap boards, swap cabs) if they don't have to pay for a service tech to do it? Makes plenty of sense to me.

1 week later
    #1939 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinballinreno:

It looks fairly straight forward and not too difficult to add all the new braces if you wanted to, if Stern would send them along.
    It might be a good idea.

Might not hurt to see if your distributor can scare them up for you. Stern would probably ship you $5 in hardware to keep you happy.

2 months later
    #1980 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well this thread has been nothing but crickets so there's your answer I think. No news is good news right? I heard that they are putting corner braces in the cabinets for added protection now.

They are as of SW. Corner brackets plus bolts through the cabinet, they’ve reinforced the hell out of them. This is clearly an issue where they heard the feedback (or felt it in their wallet) and wanted the problem solved for good.

I assume they’ll do the same for older titles (like GB and AS) as they make more of them, but haven’t followed that closely. I guess that could make build date marginally more important if you’re buying NIB.

[EDIT: I was wrong, apparently only Premium/LE SW got the gold-star brace treatment. Lame!]

#1985 6 years ago
    Quoted from chucksmith:

As of Starwars LE and Premium only. The Pro does not have the reinforcement. I suspect this is a trial of sorts to see if the added corner brackets result in less split cabinets than the non-reinforced cabinets.
    I should add that I have yet to hear of any SW cabs splitting be it LE/Prem or Pro.

Oh wow, I thought I'd read that SW Pro had those too. So does SW Pro have the same skimpy brackets as GB and AS?

Here's a link to pics of the SW Premium/LE bracket system, for reference:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball/page/137#post-3924456

#1988 6 years ago

Can someone with a SW Pro post pics of the current bracket situation? I honestly thought that the new brackets were being used on all models, and it's surprising to hear otherwise. If nothing else, stocking different cabinets for different models (with a cost difference of what, $4?) must be a pain in the ass.

#1991 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

A couple of bucks? They probably buy 10,000 and pay 20 cents each, so more like $0.40 per game.

Which is why it makes no sense, setting aside the cost and bad PR of cab splitting, how could the hassle of multiple cab designs be worth it? If they're really going with this new super-reinforced design, maybe they were using up old cabinet stock on some/all of the SW Pros?

Hopefully someone will post a pic, I'd like to see what the SW Pros look like inside.

#2007 6 years ago

To close the loop on the issue of SW Pro vs. Premium cabinet brackets, here's a picture of what's in the Pro (thanks @thelaw):
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball/page/149#post-4040083

SW ProSW Pro

And here's the Premium/LE (thanks @trekkie1978):
    SW PremiumSW Premium
    SW PremiumSW Premium

I'm not saying that the SW Pro is insufficient, I don't know enough about what was causing the splitting issues with some GB and AS cabinets. As a Premium owner, I do like the look of the beefier hardware though.

#2024 6 years ago
    Quoted from wtatumjr:

Here's a shot I found-

What game? And what build date? I think people are anxious to know whether this issue is ongoing.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-new-cabinets?tu=fosaisu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.