Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,136 posts
  • 282 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190318_175225274 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190318_175228007 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190318_175307198 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190318_175405580 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2019-03-16-14-32-28 (resized).png
    BM66cab (resized).jpg
    IMG_3603 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3605 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3604 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3601 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3602 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3600 (resized).jpg
    industry titan (resized).png
    Screenshot_2018-05-06-17-53-06 (resized).png
    698F0DA8-4AB3-4602-862C-88E94EFA4BE3 (resized).jpeg
    nothing (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fatpanda.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2065 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chambahz:

Exactly. So you're fanning the flames without adding any context.
    VERY helpful. Thanks for your contribution.

These machines from the show would be no different from machines they would ship to your door. The only relevant peice of information is that they are Iron Maidens released just a month ago, not 25 yr old machines.

#2084 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

If I could afford an Iron Maiden I'd buy one......and the first thing I would put on it (and any new Stern for that matter) would be the HD leg braces. I have them on all my games now. $20 well spent if ya ask me.

Think about this. You, as a customer, have to spend an additional $20 plus time to reinforce something that could be cheaper, and easier to do at the factory, when they are assembling the game, empty cabinet. Instead, they would rather send out new replacement cabinets for the customers that are having issues ("take care of you" as they say). These customers have to find the time and know-how to swap cabinets. Instead of the manufacturer spending the extra FEW dollars (because the can buy parts at cost, in bulk) to upgrade their brackets to something more heavy duty. And yet the community still pumps them with money for every new toy that comes out. Who does this truly benefit? Certainly not you. Why get defensive when customers are reporting issues? Also note that not all Stern customers post on Pinside, so it is entirely possible that people are getting split cabinets that do not post for you to read about.

What next, they start sending out DIY kits for pinball machines instead of completely assembled machines, for the same cost? It's laughable right? But so is having to install your own leg brackets on a brand new machine.

#2118 5 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Safest bet is to "fix" it with the Williams style leg plates, regardless if you see problems or not.

I'm thinking about doing this for my TWD...just for peace of mind. With triangle corner braces for extra rigidity. Overboard??

#2120 5 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Personally I just do the leg brackets, but I don't think it's overboard at all if you want to add an angle support above them as well.

With corner brackets being AS CHEAP AS THEY ARE (sorry, tourettes kicking in ) it wouldn't hurt.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fatpanda.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-new-cabinets?tu=fatpanda and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.