Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,136 posts
  • 282 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190318_175225274 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190318_175228007 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190318_175307198 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190318_175405580 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2019-03-16-14-32-28 (resized).png
    BM66cab (resized).jpg
    IMG_3603 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3605 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3604 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3601 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3602 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3600 (resized).jpg
    industry titan (resized).png
    Screenshot_2018-05-06-17-53-06 (resized).png
    698F0DA8-4AB3-4602-862C-88E94EFA4BE3 (resized).jpeg
    nothing (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billy16.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#667 7 years ago

Hmmm...maybe this it what is going on. I just sourced a secret photo of the cost cutting glue recipe at Stern.

Make-Glue-Step-17-Version-7 (resized).jpgMake-Glue-Step-17-Version-7 (resized).jpg

1 month later
    #1500 6 years ago

For what Stern is charging for their new pins, the plywood they use in their cabs should be the best quality they can find, not cheap quasi-chip-board-air-pocketed-scrapwood-ply.

#1526 6 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

Sterns made right with any issue I've had with their NIB games (*knock on wood I haven't had any serious ones*). I wonder if stern would go to bat for me if I bought a HUO that looked flawless then started having issues later?

There is less and less real wood in a Stern. Pretty soon you'll have to knock on something else...

5 months later
    #1984 6 years ago
    Quoted from chucksmith:

As of Starwars LE and Premium only. The Pro does not have the reinforcement. I suspect this is a trial of sorts to see if the added corner brackets result in less split cabinets than the non-reinforced cabinets.
    I should add that I have yet to hear of any SW cabs splitting be it LE/Prem or Pro.

That seems pretty lame to add 2 dollars worth of bracing to the expensive models and allow the lowly Pro model buyers to take their chances (or add the hardware themselves). If there is a problem--and it sure looks like there is--fix them all.

6 months later
    #2102 5 years ago
    Quoted from Kawydud:

Those two Iron Maiden machines are in my garage. They will be getting braces put on, and new cabinets will be coming for the games. Just so sad that they can't get the cabinet issue figured out.

Stern could rectify this easily, they just choose not to spend the money to do so in the manufacturing process.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billy16.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-new-cabinets?tu=billy16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.