Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,136 posts
  • 282 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190318_175225274 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190318_175228007 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190318_175307198 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190318_175405580 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2019-03-16-14-32-28 (resized).png
    BM66cab (resized).jpg
    IMG_3603 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3605 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3604 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3601 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3602 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3600 (resized).jpg
    industry titan (resized).png
    Screenshot_2018-05-06-17-53-06 (resized).png
    698F0DA8-4AB3-4602-862C-88E94EFA4BE3 (resized).jpeg
    nothing (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#596 7 years ago

You can use pincab leg protectors on new stems with the small stock plastic ones and they will not cause any damage but really isnt any point and a waste.

1 month later
    #1557 6 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

Watch the video, Some of those shots weren't missed. It just grabs the ball and drops it SDTM. Not a very good design.

This stuff happens alot and a few examples are ....... Twd prison magnet does it sometines and out of the pop bumpers also. . When the ball comes out of the pops on the left on gb it happens sometimes also . Its pinball ...shit happens on every game that isn't fair sometimes. Thats why pinball is fun ....if it played the same every time that wldnt b much fun imo. Every time i played di i never experienced any center drains from that magnet.....

#1560 6 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

So you are saying a clean shot to a desired target should be rewarded by a Magnet catching the ball & dropping it SDTM??? Dude come on.
    The Magnet pulse was fixed on TWD. Also adding a post from the pops fixed the pops drain on mine & many others too. Having a magnet just catch the ball and drop it STDM is pretty bad and they may want to try and fix it with some code programming.

I dont think its a issue as these are prototype pins and the few i played didnt have this problem and most videos ive watched didnt have this problem. Its probably just a bad set up or something else going on. It will be fine . I hate when i hit the afm ship or mm gate and it shoots back down the middle .... but thats pinball. By the way i had a walking dead prem for quite a while ....it still put it down the middle om occasion. I really think your making a big stink about nothing. Crazy what people find to complain about anymore. Its a dam toy ....

1 month later
    #1866 6 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Old games were silkscreened right on the cabs.
    No way they could tear.
    Decals are crap, always.

Agreed ...i love silkscreen cabs.....

9 months later
    #2067 5 years ago

I believe the born on date for the pins in question were april 18th or 19th...

#2070 5 years ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

Now that we are considering our first NIB, threads like this catch my attention. This possible cabinet issue, some Spike complaints on the "interwebs" regarding what should be a simple repair vs. cost. Playfield dimpling issues (or not an issue, depending on your take on the issue)...while not individually might not be a deal breaker (except the cabinet), it does have me rethinking Stern. While I don't consider NIB an investment, I consider it something that hopefully doesn't experience these manufacturing issues (minus the occasional problems).

Stern will take care of u if by some small chance u have a issue.... dont miss out on a great game bc of these few issues.

10 months later
    #2134 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That's great to hear that Stern is using plywood bottoms for Munsters LE's.
    For the price Stern is charging for their latest pros, nearly $6k, they should also come with a plywood bottom and proper bracing. It's crazy to think that a $6k pinball machine that is designed for commercial use is having corner cuts in regards to the quality of wood and the lack of proper support brackets. The equivalent would be an automaker putting plastic doors and using lower quality bolts on basic models.
    Stern needs to make more items consistent across all of their models. Plywood cabinets and proper bracing should be standard regardless of the model.

My pro is very solid with the good leg brackets , front top corner brackets and lots of braces inside the cab.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-new-cabinets?tu=bigd1979 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.