Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,136 posts
  • 282 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190318_175225274 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190318_175228007 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190318_175307198 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190318_175405580 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2019-03-16-14-32-28 (resized).png
    BM66cab (resized).jpg
    IMG_3603 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3605 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3604 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3601 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3602 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3600 (resized).jpg
    industry titan (resized).png
    Screenshot_2018-05-06-17-53-06 (resized).png
    698F0DA8-4AB3-4602-862C-88E94EFA4BE3 (resized).jpeg
    nothing (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tlamb.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#124 7 years ago

My biggest complaint is the pixelated graphics and sub-par photoshop art. Sterns just feel and look cheap to me. Since business is picking up for them I would love to see some of that money put back into the machine and have a better product versus continuing to increase margins. Simply blaming damaged cabinets on shipping is an easy out. Their products should uphold their integrity over and above normal shipping practices. I work with packaging engineers to ensure our packaging holds up far outside normal conditions to ensure the product get to the customer as designed. Stern just doesn't seemed concerned about quality because the customer keeps buying their games regardless. I am glad to see other manufactures stepping into the market, it will only help all of us getting a better product in the end. Stern just better hope large overseas manufacturers don't get back into the pinball business. With lower manufacturing costs and a large supplier base, Stern would be playing catch up in a short amount of time. Just my $0.02.

#125 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Pinball cabs have been splitting corners for 80 years.
    They used to arrive split all the time NIB from the distributor. We'd glue them up, and deploy them the next day. Never did we even dream of calling the local distributor.
    Any game you get truly off route (not some pinball collector routing a few games, but routed by a real operator) has a 25% chance of having one of it's front corners split.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cabinet-restoration-vids-guide

I love your use of the lashing straps to pull the cabinet back together. I will have to try that, great idea!

#135 7 years ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

What was the last new machine you looked at? GB, BM66, and AS all look great. I think this complaint should be aimed at the license holders, who control the graphics, not Stern.
    Other quality issues are Stern's problem, but like ghosting, not sure how big a deal this cabinet one is. Lots of squeaky wheels on Pinside and as proven time after time, we are not a good sample of pinball owners.

I'll definitely have to take a closer look when I see them out. I have yet to see those 3 yet, so if they improved, awesome!

The last one that I saw that looked cheap was GOT. Even the LE with the upper playfield just looked like a cheap attempt to create a castle. I mean, it is as close to 2D as you can get with a 3D layout lol.

Maybe things are changing, and they are putting more effort on customer feedback.

#138 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gov:

GB and AS are much nicer in the art and toy department than GoT IMO. I like GoT but it is one ugly bird!

Yeah, I love the series and was tempted to buy one, it just looks awful to me. Hopefully they have a GB or AS at PATZ this year, I will have to check them out.

#228 7 years ago
    Quoted from 0geist0:

It's the corporate bean counters doing this.
    On paper they see a savings of 5 cents per unit times thousands of units.
    Gotta keep the stockholders happy.

I thought Stern was privately held? Regardless, there is a balance between cost and quality. If you continue to cost reduce and cost reduce to a point where the consumer notices a change in the product, you are doing it wrong or have gone too far. Maybe this is a supplier quality or production issue, but it should be addressed.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tlamb.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-new-cabinets?tu=Tlamb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.