Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,136 posts
  • 282 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190318_175225274 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190318_175228007 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190318_175307198 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190318_175405580 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2019-03-16-14-32-28 (resized).png
    BM66cab (resized).jpg
    IMG_3603 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3605 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3604 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3601 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3602 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3600 (resized).jpg
    industry titan (resized).png
    Screenshot_2018-05-06-17-53-06 (resized).png
    698F0DA8-4AB3-4602-862C-88E94EFA4BE3 (resized).jpeg
    nothing (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Monster_Bash.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#536 7 years ago

Wait wait wait.. I though it was the wrapped decals?!?

Quoted from ragekage:

I just bought my first pin.. a Ghostbusters pro.
    After finding this thread and looking at my machine here's what I found. Pretty disappointing for what you pay for theses thing.

#642 7 years ago

That's exactly what I did after buying a bunch of NIB Sterns....stoped buying Sterns and bought a NIB hobbit.

Even at the higher price..IMO it still a no brainer value wise even at 3k over a Stern Pro

DI will be my next purchase

Having 2 awesome games at about the same price of 3 Stern pros just makes way more sense

Quoted from iceman44:

I don't see anybody putting a gun to anyone's head to buy a Stern pin.
    Go buy your $9500 DI LE shipped, only 2500 "LEs". What a f ing bargain that is
    With a low end price point of $8500 shipped for the regular version it's not gonna be JJP running away with market share, especially making terrible themes like DI
    A Stern premium is $7000? And pro is $5200
    So you have Spooky in the premium category and no one else at the pro. Take your pick

3 weeks later
    #1296 6 years ago

We brought back 4 newer Sterns and a Gottlieb Bad Girls from Allentown...mostly for friends. One of those Sterns was unboxed at the show.

4 games had split seams..one did not. Wanna guess which one didn't?

Hint: It wasn't a Stern

#1301 6 years ago

This is exactly what we did.

Built Stern tough with 25 year old Williams Stuff...

Quoted from wtatumjr:

I'd add the B/W brackets (or similar) first thing to a new Stern. They are cheap insurance and easy to install. I even think they look rather nice.

2 weeks later
    #1633 6 years ago

After installing the B/W legs brackets on a few new Sterns...I can tell you that drilling a pilot hole is not necessary. The wood is soooo damn soft.

A standard #8 wood screw used pretty much everywhere in pinball works fine...but bigger is probably better

Grab your nut driver with screw...give it a little tap with the palm of you hand...it'll sink about 1/4 way into the wood...then just screw away

Quoted from chucksmith:

Thanks. I don't think you messed anything up as long as the screws are tight in the wood and not too long , it should be ok.
    Personally I plan to drill small pilot holes half the diameter of the screw using a drill bit stop.
    Screws are #10 with a large pan-head (9/16" long) Its just shy of 3/4" . Standing next to a 3/4" screw I can see a difference.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Monster_Bash.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-new-cabinets?tu=Monster_Bash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.