Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,136 posts
  • 282 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190318_175225274 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190318_175228007 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190318_175307198 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190318_175405580 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2019-03-16-14-32-28 (resized).png
    BM66cab (resized).jpg
    IMG_3603 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3605 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3604 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3601 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3602 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3600 (resized).jpg
    industry titan (resized).png
    Screenshot_2018-05-06-17-53-06 (resized).png
    698F0DA8-4AB3-4602-862C-88E94EFA4BE3 (resized).jpeg
    nothing (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CaptainNeo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#267 7 years ago
    Quoted from wtatumjr:

My AS split . No shaker. GB is fine

I think comparing Alien Star to Ghostbusters, is a little bit of a stretch. Should compare with something newer.

#291 7 years ago

Vid is all knowing.......always watching.....always watching

Roz (resized).jpgRoz (resized).jpg

#320 7 years ago

the difference is, ops didnt' care about cosmetics. They cared about earnings. They wanted the game to pay for itself. As long as they did that, they didn't care if it burst into flames as soon as they were done with it.

Home market is a very different thing. If you are going to cater to the home market, you have to step up the game to appeal to the anals.

as for being around when Williams was still around 50% is pretty generous. My guess would be 85% of pinside was not around. even as late as 2003.

#339 7 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

Just took some pictures of my 2016 MET which has been out of commission for months anyway with a flawed drop target assembly and clear coat problems, so any cabinet problems are not from playing and the NIB packing on the pallet didn't have any damage, I have pictures.
    Left side looks great, right side not so much...

WTF am I looking at? Your corners look fine to me.

#342 7 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

The right corner does not look like the left corner

they just cut the side panel a hair too short on one so the little tab has a slight area that it's not touching. This is supposedly a concern? WTF? I really hope this is sarcasm to show people that you cannot be anal retentive and be in pinball. because that's the reality of the situation. If you are anal about everything in life. Get as far away from pinball as possible, because you will be complaining every step of the way.

#411 7 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

On a positive note at least my corners after 2 years look great.

I don't know, I see a slight gap on that one side. I think it's a piece of garbage and you should sell it quickly before others notice this dramatic flaw.

#480 7 years ago

that's not poor construction. it's doing exactly how it was built.

#512 7 years ago

even with them having to send out different playfields, different cabinets. As much as the profit margin is these days, they are still making tons of money.

#627 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

It's wood.
    Any joint is going to be where the movement is, especially on an open top wood box that weighs 250lbs and is being constantly thrust in every direction.
    Even if I built the cab myself from Baltic Birch hardwood plywood, used Tightbond3 glue and Dovetail joints - I guarantee the joints would telegraph through those decals.
    I'm not sure if it was Stern's design or CCC's, but decals over soft plywood joints is never going to last.

very similar to insert edges on playfields. Plastic vs wood fault line will appear eventually in the clear.

#687 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

That's my plan.
    I wonder how many of these HUO games with cabinets splitting have the tilt bob installed.

ummmmm, sir..that is clearly not HUO as I can see the vendor sticker in the upper right corner.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CaptainNeo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-new-cabinets?tu=CaptainNeo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.