Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,136 posts
  • 282 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190318_175225274 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190318_175228007 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190318_175307198 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190318_175405580 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2019-03-16-14-32-28 (resized).png
    BM66cab (resized).jpg
    IMG_3603 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3605 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3604 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3601 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3602 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3600 (resized).jpg
    industry titan (resized).png
    Screenshot_2018-05-06-17-53-06 (resized).png
    698F0DA8-4AB3-4602-862C-88E94EFA4BE3 (resized).jpeg
    nothing (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BC_Gambit.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#524 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinbum:

Don't wrap around corners.

I think there is a better than 50/50 chance Stern just learns the lesson to send out blank (or Stern logo stencil sprayed) cabinets. Black for Pros, White for Prem's, Silver for LE's and Gold for Super LE's (so elite!).

AND they will spin it as a win for consumers, as they will "reinvest the decal money into the playfield, to keep bringing you great games!".

Mr. Gomez, you can send me a royalty cheque for this million dollar idea. Honestly now that I typed this out it seems inevitable that they would go this route given the exteme penny pinching.

Stern Star Wars Pro: now with blank cabinet and a $300 price increase. That just seems like business as usual at this point... depressing.

4 weeks later
    #1405 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Lets see how many people try and resell their new cabinet stern sends them as a replacement for the split one. Ive already seen one for sale by someone who said his was split and stern sent him a new one, but he decided to leave it. He was asking 700 for the new gb pro cab.

Crappy move, and who needs a new GB cabinet at this point? (who would not be eligible to get one anyways). Some unlucky op?

But I remember reading someone in one of these threads saying they were waiting to hear from Stern regarding both a playfield replacement and regarding the possibility of a cabinet replacement... uh at that point what is right with the game?

And the majority of the current pinball consumers just seem to suck it up? If I had a game where I thought both a cabinet replacement and a full playfield replacement were warranted I would just either want a full brand new game or a full refund. I didn't drop that kind of money because I thought I was buying a DIY project.

Yet this is the current state of Stern pinball where this is happening at least at some noticeable frequency (I HOPE this is a rarity).

#1409 6 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

People suck it up now because they have no choice, if you have an affected game and you call Stern and demand a refund or a new game they will tell you to pound sand. It's always amusing to see armchair posts like this where somone says "I would demand a new game or a refund". The answer from Stern would be the same to you as it is to everyone else.. NO!

I can appreciate that, but then why buy another game? I don't know what people are doing, but it seems like some of these guys are still jumping on the next must have Stern game?

And if what you said above is really the reality, is everybody else either just oblivious to these issues, or totally okay just rolling the dice and seeing if they are more lucky than luckless?

It just boggles my mind. Even if I had $10K+ ($Cad) to drop on a new Stern, and had literally boatloads of cash to the point I could buy another game "no prob" if I was screwed on the first one, I still don't think I would send my dollars to a company that would treat me that way.

But what do I know, I'm just an armchair guy with no perspective whatsoever!

1 month later
    #1778 6 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I pay attention to Ops like Freemont with his Vegas route.
    Says his Woz is a blown out disaster at 10k plays while his IM and Avatar are still going strong at 16k plays. Thinks both are garbage for route.
    For HUO, I'm thrilled with my Stern pins and fine with the quality thereof, like my Woz too!

Both what? I admit I am lost, both WoZ and ?

#1789 6 years ago
    Quoted from ExtremePinball:

Both WOZ & Hobbit. I pulled both out of the arcade due to operational issues that I'm not willing to invest my time into right now. WOZ playfield has multiple areas of wear down through the playfield print. JJP has pre-printed adhesives with mylar to cover these high wear areas.
    All of the pins currently on route (20) are Stern. Ironman VE at NYNY is rolling past 30,000 plays this month. ST Prem, AC/DC pro, Metallica pro, Avatar LE, & TWD Pro are all rolling north of 20,000 plays this month as well.

Thank you for making the time to respond; If I had to guess, that is what I would have guessed. Hopefully Dialed In will be more robust, but I wouldn't blame you for letting others be the beta testers on that one!

1 month later
    #1911 6 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

I'm not a pinball tech.
    If I do it myself & something goes awry then who is to blame? Who is fixing the new problem?
    What if I drop the PF, scratch up the cabinet, short out something & burn up a board, etc? I'd have to relo the coin door, boards, PF, backbox & so on.
    I'm an understanding guy & happy to let Stern fix their own problems but I'm not doing the job of a pinball tech or factory worker.

100% understand your perspective on this, but from the amount of posts I have seen where Stern seems to be selling DIY kits... is it reasonable to have this expectation when buying NIB Stern at this point?

I mean it is a reasonable expectation for any new product I can think of... but with ALL the problems for the last few years taken into account... it seems Stern expects YOU to be their QC, alpha/beta testers, and final assembly staff...

#1920 6 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Agreed, I mean disagreed, I mean... ah shit.

Yes, I know what you mean.

And congrats on the game, I am glad your daughter is digging it, and fingers crossed things keep moving on a positive path.

Jason

2 months later
    #1986 6 years ago
    Quoted from Billy16:

If there is a problem--and it sure looks like there is--fix them all.

That isnt their way!

6 months later
    #2101 5 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Take a closer look. The prices have been going up faster than that.

Maybe he meant "dog years?"

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BC_Gambit.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-new-cabinets?tu=BC_Gambit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.