Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,136 posts
  • 282 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190318_175225274 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190318_175228007 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190318_175307198 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190318_175405580 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_2019-03-16-14-32-28 (resized).png
    BM66cab (resized).jpg
    IMG_3603 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3605 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3604 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3601 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3602 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3600 (resized).jpg
    industry titan (resized).png
    Screenshot_2018-05-06-17-53-06 (resized).png
    698F0DA8-4AB3-4602-862C-88E94EFA4BE3 (resized).jpeg
    nothing (resized).jpg
    There are 2,136 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 43.
    #351 7 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

they just cut the side panel a hair too short on one so the little tab has a slight area that it's not touching. This is supposedly a concern? WTF? I really hope this is sarcasm to show people that you cannot be anal retentive and be in pinball. because that's the reality of the situation. If you are anal about everything in life. Get as far away from pinball as possible, because you will be complaining every step of the way.

Yeah I get what your saying, my only point is that my 2016 MET is the only game I own or have owned where the corners are not perfect on both sides. Considering my 2016 has been a total POS in every respect I just thought I would throw out some pics.

#352 7 years ago

Small bit of history that will assist people.

33 year old, composite particle board / plywood pinball cabinet joint extreme closeup.
    No cracking on either side of the cabinet.
    Cabinet glue and side stapling only.
    Earlier game than the KoS previously shown.

This is actually a very common (but poor) design over mitered plywood joints that were used in the 80s video game era and a way to cost cut construction in comparison to other pinball products of the time.
    Thankfully, "normal" pinball cabinet construction resumed in the late 80s (by Bally), mostly out of some complaints by operators.

The reason this works at all is the way it was glued and built, along with T-molding.
    Just don't let the cabinet get wet, or the game is destroyed.
    This particular game has been physically built as a game twice, and independently restored twice (no cabinet repair required, just edge sealing).
    Hard full life.

Relevance to the past is important.
    People can learn what worked and what did not, even if it is not an optimal choice of methods.

IMG_20170411_223449 (resized).jpgIMG_20170411_223449 (resized).jpg

#353 7 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Stern doesn't hold a candle to this baby!!! Flat joint stapled from the sides. Bally/Midway Kings of Steel. Need to fix to get this up for sale soon.

I will buy it just because the cabinet corners look nice, not the game. I dont even need to see the playfield.
    I always did like backglass though with its mirroring, I have one on a wall.

#354 7 years ago
    Quoted from chucksmith:

Is anyone attempting to put the metal braces in all 4 corners?

I would think because of the wood that the bb sits on going from side to side is more then enough support to keep the rear corners from splitting, the front doesn't have that support.

#355 7 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

So glad KPG is not around anymore,

What happened to KPG? I thought I was keeping up with all episodes of the Pinside soap opera.

#356 7 years ago

First, I am NOT saying people with the split corners don't have a bitch. I don't think it is as widespread a thing as this thread would like to make it, but that is Pinside.

But just to keep things in perspective, this is not a black and white issue. Again, I am not saying anyone here isn't telling the truth as they know it, but from the corner "horror pics" that we have seen, we have no idea if these games were dropped, slammed, or drug across the carpet with no support. Yes, the owners will tell you that was never done, but none of us know that for a fact. Additionally, none of us know what the shipper did either. Maybe this is more of an issue of bad packaging? Or maybe bad handling at the factory? I doubt it is, but the point I am trying to make is we don't know.

Yes, I am sure folks like The Black Knight are going to jump in and say this problem didn't exist with the old cabinets, and yes Vid is going to say it did....I completely respect both of their opinions, based on their years of experience. The true reality is probably somewhere in the middle. But we also have more games going into homes, up and down stairs, across carpets, etc. Yes, the argument can be made that routed games get the most abuse, but maybe it is a different kind of abuse. Most operators worth their salt knew how to move games, and most routed games are not on carpet and being moved every few days. I know there is an equal argument for every point I made...I am just saying we don't know for a fact that Stern "cheapened" their cabinets, and we might want to put the pitchforks away just for a little bit. I was at the Stern plant a few weeks ago and based on what I was told, Stern does not make their own cabinets. Just as Vid said, most come from CCC and a few from another vendor. I doubt seriously Stern is intentionally "cutting corners" (pun intended) on cabinets just to save a buck. If there is a quality issue, it is probably related back to employee skill level and employee "give a shit factor" more than anything. These same companies also supply cabinets to other manufacturers as well.

#357 7 years ago

You should only buy these machines with an Amex card so that you have some recourse.

Don't fall for the 3-4% wire/cash discount because it sure as hell isn't worth it.

#358 7 years ago

I went through this thread and there are now 15 reports from users that have and / or have seen the cabinet issue on newer Stern games. All I know is this isn't normal as years went by without reports like this. Sure there's been a cabinet separation issue posted here and there but not over a dozen reports being mentioned within a couple days...

Something either changed, was missed or got screwed up at the cabinet factory on these games being reported with the issue.

Two things NIB pinball customers should not have to worry about in 2017 are cabinet and playfield issues considering that for 50+ years cabinets and playfields have been being made mostly without issue.

#359 7 years ago
    Quoted from rubberducks:

You say that, but it's not just about the joinery.

You know what they say....."It's not just the destination, but the joinery."

#360 7 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

If you think you have an issue call Stern.

I ask you for help and nothing I ask Stern to make it right and nothing. This is what has been going on and it is ridiculous. Please stay the fu@k out of here if your going to make some bullshit claim.

#361 7 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

I ask you for help and nothing I ask Stern to make it right and nothing. This is what has been going on and it is ridiculous. Please stay the fu@k out of here if your going to make some bullshit claim.

Yep, when it comes to larger scale issues (expensive for Stern), you need to have an attorney or the attorney general on your side.

#362 7 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I went through this thread and there are now 15 reports from users that have and / or have seen the cabinet issue on newer Stern games. All I know is this isn't normal as years went by without reports like this. Sure there's been a cabinet separation issue posted here and there but not over a dozen reports being mentioned within a couple days...
    Something either changed, was missed or got screwed up at the cabinet factory on these games being reported with the issue.
    Two things NIB pinball customers should not have to worry about in 2017 are cabinet and playfield issues considering that for 50+ years cabinets and playfields have been being made mostly without issue.

I am not worried about it at all and I'm buying a new AS. You have to look at how many bad cabinets versus how many machines that are sold before you can say there's a huge problem with the cabinets. Stern sells a shitload of games and I don't see many people having cabinet problems at all so I'm gonna say that there's pretty much nothing to worry about. Yes it sucks for those who have problems...I get that but this is not a perfect little snowflake world that we live in.

Every car company has some bad engines and some bad transmissions, even the great companies like Honda and Toyota. Does that stop you from buying a new car? There isn't one single product manufactured that has zero defects. I'm sure if your cabinet fell apart that Stern would send you a new cabinet. Then people say.....well I don't have the ability to change out a new cabinet or a new playfield etc. Well if that's the case then pinball is the wrong hobby for you because in some areas of the world there aren't any pinball technicians to help you, its just a fact of life and the nature of this hobby.

#363 7 years ago

@:PanzerFreak
    "... Two things NIB pinball customers should not have to worry about in 2017 are cabinet and playfield issues considering that for 50+ years cabinets and playfields have been being made mostly without issue. "

Why didn't you take into account that in the meantime material, machines, clear coat, colors, aso. have changed. Experians start new maybe if only one component in the chain was changed.

Whooow - 361 postings without helpful information for Stern (CCC) to go back and maybe analyse the reason for the issue.

If there are only 15 people with this issue and we only take one year with maybe 5000 games sold into account, then we have 0.3% issues. Not that much .
    There is on Kiss in between so we have to take at least a period of nearly 2 years into account. Means 15 people with issues on maybe 10000 games. So 0.2% issues. I think much more machines are sold in the meantime.

Hey people, if you want Stern or better CCC to find the reason (if there is one) on that issue provide information.
    When was your game bought?
    What is the serial number?
    How much games are played?
    Is the game in public?
    How are the tilt settings?

Collect all information prepare it for Stern or where your machine comes from and send it. Complaining without substantial information is waste of time and brings people in bas mood.

I read that someone already informed Stern (maybe without the collected data). Maybe it takes some time so:
    Who of the concerned will take over the part of collecting and preparing the information? That would be really helpful for Stern/CCC to improve the quality, if there is an issue.

Keep calm and play pinball.

#364 7 years ago

Getting Stern to make something right with a playfield has been impossible I would hate to try a cabinet. At least I can fix a cabinet.

#365 7 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I am not worried about it at all and I'm buying a new AS. You have to look at how many bad cabinets versus how many machines that are sold before you can say there's a huge problem with the cabinets. Stern sells a shitload of games and I don't see many people having cabinet problems at all so I'm gonna say that there's pretty much nothing to worry about. Yes it sucks for those who have problems...I get that but this is not a perfect little snowflake world that we live in.

Can't say I agree with you. I didn't even know there was a cabinet issue until I read this thread. These cracks are small and probably difficult to notice without looking for them. My GB is in a dark room and I can tell you if there is any splitting I wouldn't have noticed, I'm afraid to look at mine in the fear it is splitting, but I will look at it and if it is I am not going to be happy and will do what I need to do to get it addressed.

It is very obvious Stern is cutting corners to fatten their pockets while we pay more and more for their products that don't even hold up in a HUO environment. You can keep waving the Stern pom poms in the air, but people have a very valid reason to be concerned and have a bitch.

#366 7 years ago

Have done all the above and thanks for the information. I guess some get good games and some get help. I have received neither unfortunately.

#367 7 years ago

I swear, I just moved my pin downstairs and look at that cabinet. Williams just doesn't give a crap about quality anymore. If they had double-tongue-dovetail-mitered the joint like they used to, this never would have happened........lol

Capture1 (resized).JPGCapture1 (resized).JPG
    Capture2 (resized).JPGCapture2 (resized).JPG
    Capture3 (resized).JPGCapture3 (resized).JPG
    Capture4 (resized).JPGCapture4 (resized).JPG

#368 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinNin:

If there are only 15 people with this issue and we only take one year with maybe 5000 games sold into account, then we have 0.3% issues. Not that much .

Your hypothetical math is correct... BUT you don't know that there are only 15 people with this issue, you don't know how many games Stern makes in a year, and you don't know the percentage of people that would also report this issue on Pinside because they A) may not have an account, B) may not want to show damage if they intend to put for sale, and/or C) haven't even checked to see if they have this issue.

This could end up being a negligible amount of sales overall, or it could be much higher up into the realm of a real quality issue. All I know is that unless the games shown were being sold at a substantial discount (like at least 1/3 below the market value of the game, where I'd consider the time/effort to correct this) I'd never consider their games with a cracked cabinet. If I was the owner of one of those games I wouldn't be happy that I paid good money for something that is now worth less to potential buyers for something probably out of their control and not their doing.

#369 7 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

Bullshit claim? For my issue, I called Stern and they took care of me. It took far too long, but they did take care of me. I don't know your issue to even have a take on it. What is your issue? Things tend to get overblown on these threads, thats what I was specifically referring to. Some issues are major. Some issues are not as big as the owners make them out to be. Everyone wants a perfect pinball machine today more than ever.

#370 7 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Stern sells a shitload of games and I don't see many people having cabinet problems at all so I'm gonna say that there's pretty much nothing to worry about.

nothing to worry about...... except for the person who got a shitty cabinet ??

you sure you aren't on the payroll there?

#371 7 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

Everyone wants a perfect pinball machine today more than ever.

no.

i think most just want decent quality... for their hard earned.

#372 7 years ago
    Quoted from ledge:

no.
    i think most just want decent quality... for their hard earned.

Then they shouldn't buy a new Stern pinball machine.

#373 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

Then they shouldn't buy a Stern pinball machine.

im good with Stern.. up to ACDC. : P

#374 7 years ago
    Quoted from Manimal:

I swear, I just moved my pin downstairs and look at that cabinet. Williams just doesn't give a crap about quality anymore. If they had double-tongue-dovetail-mitered the joint like they used to, this never would have happened........lol

Holy crap....that's exactly what we are talking about. Look at the 4th pic from above (reposted here for convenience). This BK was thrown off a friggin roof at what looks about 25 - 30 feet, and the front right joint of the cab is still intact. And we are talking about how detrimental it is to a Stern game if it's slid across a carpet improperly. If thrown off a roof, a Stern game would disintegrate faster than Walter White and Jesse Pinkman could dissolve a body.

BK Roof (resized).jpgBK Roof (resized).jpg

#375 7 years ago
    Quoted from ledge:

im good with Stern.. up to ACDC. : P

I am as well.

I really want to buy an AS LE for my brother in law and an AS Pro for me, but I don't have the time or inclination to deal with Stern's apathy if something major goes wrong.

#376 7 years ago

For the record, when i had a major issue with my BM66 turn table, Chaz at Stern and my distributor handled it immediately and provided excellent service.

Apathy is not how i would characterize my experience with them. I have an issue with the topper because of the short from the little screw, distributor is taking care of it promptly.

Maybe some of you guys need to get a different distributor and/or reach out to Chaz directly. Both are very helpful.

And I've purchased 7 Stern pins and these are the first issues i've ever had to deal with.

Despite the issues and the perception of how Stern deals with them, the scream and chants of "take my money" will soon be heard loud and clear with the release of Star Wars.

I hope you guys get your issues fixed and your blood pressure lowered.

#377 7 years ago
    Quoted from ledge:

nothing to worry about...... except for the person who got a shitty cabinet ??
    you sure you aren't on the payroll there?

Did you not read in my post where I said that it sucks anyone that has a bad cabinet? Don't sit there and act like I never said that. I said its way too small of a percentage to make the determination that Sterns cabinets are cheap and falling apart. Is it something to be concerned about when getting ready to purchase a new game? Of course it is but then you have to be realistic and tell yourself that its not likely that you will have cabinet problems.

#378 7 years ago

I have a MET pro from April 7th 2015 and the playfield is chipping away and the head decals are rolling off. I filled a claim with distributor included pictures of damage, the plays, serial #. I have filled 3 times and no help and it's been almost 2 years. I felt I have done everything right and wanted help. Maybe there is a magic password or something. I have got to the point where I'm frustrated. I have put down Mylar and Cliffys to stop any further damage and it still continues. I understand if I had gotten help I would feel different and let others know. Maybe that is your situation and why I asked for help. I like their games and want to own them, but I can't spend $7k and not be able to play it without it falling apart. I understand it's pinball and some things you need to adjust and tweek and some things you should not.

#379 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinNin:

@:PanzerFreak
    Collect all information prepare it for Stern or where your machine comes from and send it.
    provide information.
    When was your game bought?
    What is the serial number?
    How much games are played?
    Is the game in public?
    Complaining without substantial information is waste of time and brings people in bad mood.
    I read that someone already informed Stern (maybe without the collected data).

I agree 100%. Instead of running around like we're on fire, this thread should be organized with documentation so the issue can be addressed. Currently we have "about 15 machines" some on route photographed by a user not the owner so we really don't know if it came out of the box cracked , was it dropped, did this happen over time? FYI: That was a Batman 66.

** I contacted Stern sharing this thread link with them. But I wish I had more documentation to back this issue up so we could help Stern determine where the problem lies and then get it fixed.

The solution is quite simple: New cabinets should have reinforced front corners fully & properly glued.

#380 7 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

I have a MET pro from April 7th 2015 and the playfield is chipping away and the head decals are rolling off. I filled a claim with distributor included pictures of damage, the plays, serial #. I have filled 3 times and no help and it's been almost 2 years. I felt I have done everything right and wanted help. Maybe there is a magic password or something. I have got to the point where I'm frustrated. I have put down Mylar and Cliffys to stop any further damage and it still continues. I understand if I had gotten help I would feel different and let others know. Maybe that is your situation and why I asked for help. I like their games and want to own them, but I can't spend $7k and not be able to play it without it falling apart. I understand it's pinball and some things you need to adjust and tweek and some things you should not.

Who is your distributor and why aren't they helping you? Have you personally talked on the phone with anyone from Stern? If so what did they say?

#381 7 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

You have done nothing wrong.

Put simply, your repairs/replacement is too expensive for Stern to bother rectifying unlike Iceman's inexpensive turn table repair.

#382 7 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Who is your distributor and why aren't they helping you? Have you personally talked on the phone with anyone from Stern? If so what did they say?

If I had an issue (and I did once) , I strongly suggest calling Stern directly (number on your machine). Chas was very helpful.
    All I needed was to send him photos of the issue and a few days later a replacement part was at my front door.
    Take photos 1st, then call. Chas will ask you to email him a photo and then you can talk about the issue right then & there with both of you seeing the same thing.

#383 7 years ago
    Quoted from pindude80:

Can't say I agree with you. I didn't even know there was a cabinet issue until I read this thread. These cracks are small and probably difficult to notice without looking for them. My GB is in a dark room and I can tell you if there is any splitting I wouldn't have noticed, I'm afraid to look at mine in the fear it is splitting, but I will look at it and if it is I am not going to be happy and will do what I need to do to get it addressed.
    It is very obvious Stern is cutting corners to fatten their pockets while we pay more and more for their products that don't even hold up in a HUO environment. You can keep waving the Stern pom poms in the air, but people have a very valid reason to be concerned and have a bitch.

Wanna know why you never realized there was a problem? Because a very small percentage of people are having problems with their cabinets and there really isn't a problem. There's going to be a few bad cabinets, a few bad playfields, some bad computer boards, some bad switches and coils, some bad everything. It's a fact of life in this hobby and you can't escape it. Sucks but its going to happen occasionally.

#384 7 years ago

I used Gameroom Guys and have spoken to them several times they have been very nice. Yesterday I called Stern to see if I could get something done. I don't know who I needed so I got the operator and explained I needed help wits defect and claim. The first person immediately after I said hello rudely said who is this so I introduced myself but they didn't handle that stuff was kind enough to transfer me to a Tim I again introduced myself and explained I had an issue and wanted some information within 30seconds he said there was no claim ever filled. I then immediately brought this up to my distributor and he included me in the email that he immediately sent to Stern so I have proof now my distributor is not the problem. An email response from Chaz this morning says the quality group is still looking into this. So they do know they don't know maybe this will all get fixed? It just has been a long time. I appreciate very much any help or suggestions anyone may want to share with me on here or a private PM. If this ever gets resolved I will gladly give Stern that credit and continue to purchase their products and try to calm anyone in the future who may have a problem to let them know it's going to be ok. I don't expect things to happen over night but I have waited a long time.

#385 7 years ago

Widespread or not, the joint Stern, or Stern's cabinet builder, is using is not optimal. Yes, they could do better with an added bracket or some screws as well. That said, I think that any serious issues will probably be addressed by Stern or the owner should be able to easily fix the problem.

It's a little early to know how big the problem is. I've personally seen several cabinets in person with the issue, and I don't think any of those have been reported on Pinside. We can't take Pinside accounts and use it as a way to track percentages for failure rates. It's going to take time for Stern to understand how big of a problem it is, just like it took a while for the ghosting troubles to fully manifest.

For now, just keep reporting issues and sharing HELPFUL information on how to prevent or fix problems. Stern is going to need some time to know get educated on the scale of the issue and to formulate a response.

This is one of the reasons I'm done buying NIB from Stern though. There's just too many possible complications. I'll buy on the secondhand market after a game has been put to the test for a while. Be it code, playfields, cabinets, node boards, or whatever else it might be, I just find that I don't want the headaches of NIB purchasing from Stern until games are a bit more reliable from the factory. For those that don't mind some tweaking and troubleshooting, I think ultimately their issues will get fixed over time and buying NIB isn't a major risk.

#386 7 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

Widespread or not, the joint Stern, or Stern's cabinet builder, is using is not optimal. Yes, they could do better with an added bracket or some screws as well. That said, I think that any serious issues will probably be addressed by Stern or the owner should be able to easily fix the problem.
    It's a little early to know how big the problem is. I've personally seen several cabinets in person with the issue, and I don't think any of those have been reported on Pinside. We can't take Pinside accounts and use it as a way to track percentages for failure rates. It's going to take time for Stern to understand how big of a problem it is, just like it took a while for the ghosting troubles to fully manifest.
    For now, just keep reporting issues and sharing HELPFUL information on how to prevent or fix problems. Stern is going to need some time to know get educated on the scale of the issue and to formulate a response.
    This is one of the reasons I'm done buying NIB from Stern though. There's just too many possible complications. I'll buy on the secondhand market after a game has been put to the test for a while. Be it code, playfields, cabinets, node boards, or whatever else it might be, I just find that I don't want the headaches of NIB purchasing from Stern until games are a bit more reliable from the factory. For those that don't mind some tweaking and troubleshooting, I think ultimately their issues will get fixed over time and buying NIB isn't a major risk.

Yes, but then your playfield will have dimples....lol couldn't resist

#387 7 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

I used Gameroom Guys and have spoken to them several times they have been very nice. Yesterday I called Stern to see if I could get something done. I don't know who I needed so I got the operator and explained I needed help wits defect and claim. The first person immediately after I said hello rudely said who is this so I introduced myself but they didn't handle that stuff was kind enough to transfer me to a Tim I again introduced myself and explained I had an issue and wanted some information within 30seconds he said there was no claim ever filled. I then immediately brought this up to my distributor and he included me in the email that he immediately sent to Stern so I have proof now my distributor is not the problem. An email response from Chaz this morning says the quality group is still looking into this. So they do know they don't know maybe this will all get fixed? It just has been a long time. I appreciate very much any help or suggestions anyone may want to share with me on here or a private PM. If this ever gets resolved I will gladly give Stern that credit and continue to purchase their products and try to calm anyone in the future who may have a problem to let them know it's going to be ok. I don't expect things to happen over night but I have waited a long time.

I would have got the persons name who was rude to you and told Stern management how big of an asshole that they have working for them. Also I wouldn't be so quick to let your distributor off the hook because they didn't follow up on your issue so I wouldnt be too happy about that if it was me. Stay on their asses dude because if you let them forget about it they're going to believe me.

#388 7 years ago

I wish I did remember his name I just was not in record everything mode. I thought I would talk to someone and they would say yes we are aware of this and I would ask why it is taking so long and if they could please help resolve this. I thought once the GB playfield thing affected so many this would get resolved. I know someone who had my issue but it was a lot worse and got a replacement back in 2015 our games came from the time they moved. At least I have a record of a response this morning from Stern and have hope this can be resolved. Thank you again to anyone that can help.

#389 7 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

At least I have a record of a response this morning from Stern and have hope this can be resolved. Thank you again to anyone that can help.

Squeaky wheel gets the grease. Politely continue to call and follow up.

No offense but i wouldn't use language like "my pin is falling apart" over play field chipping and a head decal rolling with them.

If your pin isn't unplayable like mine was, play the heck out of it, document the issues and keep working on getting it resolved.

#390 7 years ago

On a positive note at least my corners after 2 years look great.

IMG_0367 (resized).JPGIMG_0367 (resized).JPG

IMG_0369 (resized).JPGIMG_0369 (resized).JPG

#391 7 years ago

How often should a person check? Once a week, month? What would be appropriate? Thank you again for any help.

#392 7 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

How often should a person check? Once a week, month? What would be appropriate? Thank you again for any help.

Two years?

Jesus Christ, you're a saint.

#393 7 years ago

Local barcade owner just posted on facebook that the front seams split out on his GB pro. I think his is a pretty early run, anyone able to say this happened on any games made in the last 6 months to possibly narrow it down? My gut feeling is all of the newer cabinets are/will be prone to this failure.

#394 7 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

Every hour on the hour.

#395 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Every hour on the hour.

Sure, if you want to let it get away from you. After every ball or risk disaster.

On a serious note, I would check every time you pull the lockdown bar. Just takes a quick second to look. I wouldn't bother with some sort of inspection schedule.

#396 7 years ago

Once a week.

F ing love those cab joints though!!!

#397 7 years ago
    Quoted from pindude80:

Local barcade owner just posted on facebook that the front seams split out on his GB pro. I think his is a pretty early run, anyone able to say this happened on any games made in the last 6 months to possibly narrow it down? My gut feeling is all of the newer cabinets are/will be prone to this failure.

I know that at least one game with the issue was picked up around early January, the cabinet could have been made made several weeks or months prior.

#398 7 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I know that at least one game with the issue was picked up around early January, the cabinet could have been made made several weeks or months prior.

That's kind of what I figured, January isn't that long ago, I doubt that cabinet was that old, but who knows. Regardless of when it was made we same games built late last year/early this year with it. So mine built Sept of last year will obviously be prone to it, great, thanks Stern for building such a tank (sarcasm) more like a cardboard box!

#399 7 years ago

Asking in regards to being a squeaky wheel to get my playfield resolved. I have tried the send a claim be patient check in send a claim you get it. Once a week I should call my distributor and Stern or just go straight to the source? Thanks again for your help.

#400 7 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

the quality group is still looking into this.

web_corner_2 (resized).pngweb_corner_2 (resized).png

There are 2,136 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 43.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-new-cabinets/page/8?hl=manimal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.