(Topic ID: 104199)

Stern's marketing needs.......Well....they just need some!

By cooked71

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 116 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

french-sign.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 9 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

How do you achieve that when you have no video, no pictures, no advertising tactic in hand and ready to deploy?

YET.

We're all pin maniacs so we know what's going on. What we're seeing right now is essentially a "slow roll out" ...early overseas games, trade show games. They just barely finished it, and it's popping up in a few venues.

We need to cut it out with this "instant gratification" entitlement drama whining. If there isn't a slick promotion video RIGHT NOW - it's a failure. If the LE's don't sell out INSTANTLY - it's a failure. These are products meant to sell over a span of 3 years...more marketing will come. Just because you don't like what has happened up to this point, doesn't mean it's a failure.

#26 9 years ago

No they didn't they showed stuff that didn't make it in the game and created false hopes. I'm not taking about a teaser video with a animated robot in it.

I guess we need to start using that new emoticon:

#29 9 years ago

I get it. All I am saying to Stern needs to get their ducks aligned instead of giving the impression that Stern is a chicken with it's head cut off.
    Get a plan, plan in advance, get the roll out smooth and steady! The've had months to plan this you would think that they would be better prepared.

Again - who has this impression? Pinball maniacs, maybe? Because we follow every little shred of everything that's going on?

Here's what normal people have seen. Every pop culture & gaming website reporting about "The Walking Dead Pinball" coming soon.

More to come. Enough with the "if it doesn't happen RIGHT NOW, ALL AT ONCE, THE WAY I WANT IT...Stern blows!"

#34 9 years ago

Or maybe it's because I work for an advertising agency....and Stern's advertising model is complete suicide!
    When every sale counts....you make sure people buy your product...or in the case of two posts above this one...they go and buy a woz instead.

First of all, Stern's doing better than they ever have...so, their marketing efforts have worked.

Second - comparing it to WOZ? Really? WOZ has been out for a few years now...TWD hasn't even shipped to North America. It's not as though JJP has a massive marketing machine. Correct me if I'm wrong, but are there professionally made advertising videos for WOZ? I've seen a few of Jack talking about the game and stuff like that....but anything comparable to the Media House spots for Stern games? ...which, by the way, will come for TWD - just because some Pro units have shipped doesn't mean anything. Advertising can and will still come. Remember...the game's license usually runs 3 years. To get all insane about things before the game has really even officially been launched is just typical of an entitled hobby community message board...it's absolutely irrelevant.

#38 9 years ago
    Quoted from loppydog:

I was not necessarily comparing to WOZ. You could insert any game there. It just happened to be the one I went with. The point was they may have had one more sale if they had a nice video that got me more excited, that is all.

They will. The fact that it's not on YOUR time schedule is your problem, not theirs.

#43 9 years ago
    Quoted from loppydog:

That's fine, but by then LE's will be sold out i would imagine. Either way, I still want to play the game

If the LE's are sold out before there's a video, I suppose that means their marketing IS working! SNAP!

#69 9 years ago
    Quoted from ZenTron:

If I was a distributor I would be happy with the theme choice but not happy with the way the pin has been introduced to the public.

By "public" you mean "active Pinsiders" which are a miniscule part of new game sales. We are not the center of the pinball universe.

Quoted from ZenTron:

The last several years Stern has went from the only pinball manufacturer to the oldest and is losing market share. They will continue to lose market share for the foreseeable future unless they make some significant changes.

Yet, they've done nothing but gain sales and expand over the past few years. They're still "the king" of the pinball manufacturers....but - you know what's best for their business, clearly.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-marketing-needswellthey-just-need-some?tu=rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.