CFC653BC-BE65-41BC-BB47-35BA5123694D (resized).jpeg
45FF08FD-61BF-4034-B9F4-8E98AB6DBAE8.jpeg
th (resized).jpg
DBEEF7D0-592E-4F86-B374-46C66F53FF6E.gif
364D5501-B6F7-4EA0-9A1D-A60783A64514 (resized).jpeg
58A94CFF-30C0-4512-80C8-6B97CB81545C (resized).jpeg
41BAAF3A-17BE-4424-8B98-C0DE4B62B123 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3914 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wlf_.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#312 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

LOL just one more disaster pinball game from Stern... how many more strikeouts can one company afford? If someone is unwilling pay 4500 for a used Stern Pro why would someone buy this disaster for 4K or whatever? Who came up with this bad idea over there?
Home models or the market they’re trying to reach are called USED PINBALL MACHINES! DUH!
Stern has lost their mojo!

Stern doesn't sell used pinballs, they sell NIB. This release isn't geared toward someone into pinball enough to hunt down a used machine.

It's geared toward a much much more casual market, who is at one of those pool table/outdoor furniture/game room places... those folks were never gonna seek out a used pin, which may have service issues, wear and tear, etc. They are too casual to plop down 7k for a NIB, but they may buy a more simple, slightly cheaper, less chance of breakdown NIB pin... thus, this release.

The market for used games isnt a factor here for Stern, or any of the buyers of this game.

#339 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Good used pinball games sell for 2500 to 5000 no one is buying this thing. Its going to flop!

You miss/ignore/don't recognize the nuance I made, again demonstrating your inability to contemplate or counter any views that vary even slightly from your poorly considered 20 paragraph diatribes

#341 4 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

This is hilarious. Stern's post in Instagram only received 2 likes.[quoted image]

On videos, Instagram ONLY shows the likes that have been given by people YOU follow. It does not show or display total likes on video, ever

All this shows is that you have about a handful of Instagram friends and that Stern got thousands of video views.

#345 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Don’t waste your breath.

Yaaaaa, I know. Cant teach an old Drfrightener new tricks, as they say

#361 4 years ago

Could these be placed in a commercial space? Maybe an operator could be put it on location, let folks not familiar with pinball flip around on a game for free and then they move on to drop some coins in the big boy games?

Obviously you could just turn a Pro on freeplay, but maybe the simple design would help not scare off newbies as many complex new games sometimes do

#366 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

OMG, anytime and everything I make a reply I offer facts, or give an opinion. I'm sorry you can't read more than 4 letter words.

OMG, a 50-something year-old man saying "OMG" (all caps, so yelling, presumably?)

#424 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

BTW based on your picture do you have a mullet? That is so cool... do you own a Dodge Charger Daytona?

Oh Larry, you sure are somethin else!

It's not a mullet, it's a cat ya dingus. Kidding! It's called a full head of hair, some of us got one rather than a receding hairline, crow's feet, and third chin

#436 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

People complaining about 2 inches.
Besides the obvious low-hanging fruit of the joke, I've owned probably 150 pinball machines that were 2 inches shorter than a 90s bally williams game. Can't say it ever bothered me.

My ex-wife's second marriage lasted a matter of months, so maybe two inches does make a difference

Also insert a joke about "low hanging" here

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wlf_.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-home-star-wars-?tu=wlf_ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.