CFC653BC-BE65-41BC-BB47-35BA5123694D (resized).jpeg
45FF08FD-61BF-4034-B9F4-8E98AB6DBAE8.jpeg
th (resized).jpg
DBEEF7D0-592E-4F86-B374-46C66F53FF6E.gif
364D5501-B6F7-4EA0-9A1D-A60783A64514 (resized).jpeg
58A94CFF-30C0-4512-80C8-6B97CB81545C (resized).jpeg
41BAAF3A-17BE-4424-8B98-C0DE4B62B123 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3914 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tranquilize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#234 4 years ago

I see the potential for a new model in Sterns hierarchy. Home, pro, premium and LE. They seem to be playing the line of pro cost.

If not, they are nuts at this price. If they want newbs to buy machines, they absolutely must go under 2k. Thus means they must be very creative by using new pf materials, fewer mechs and somehow keep it fun and like real Pinball.

#243 4 years ago

If they sold these through Costco and had a couple on the floor, they might actually sell...

#377 4 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Does Costco sell anything in the $4k+ price range? Honest question as I don't go to Costco so I have no idea.

They sell hot tubs, TVs, furniture, exercise equipment etc., all of which can get close to or over 4k. The big issue I have with Stern marketing in the big box stores is that we are in the age of research. Smart people (wealthier people) usually research before they spend 4k on something. A guy seeing the machine will likely think, "hey, I remember liking pinball. I'm going to look this company and machine up on the internet." Then the cat will be let out of the bag: the machine is a rip-off. If anything, it might lead newbs to a NIB full-featured Stern.

#399 4 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

I am, however, still unclear why this new game might not be considered a real pin.
The only point I have gleaned from all these posts is that the coin door does not have coin slots. Is this the only reason ?

I've sold and purchased pins from guys that route, and I've had one game on route and will likely route more in the future. No option to route will kill resale on this pin, and most won't touch it, unless they can buy it for dirt. Even then, I wouldn't touch it. Coin doors aren't just for show.

#475 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If you would be embarrassed to have someone over and see your blank face coin door then maybe this hobby is just a way for you to show off how you spend money. Or you have shitty friends, I dunno. But what a thing to get anxious over.

Did you even read my post? It's like you read two words and started your verbal diarrhea. I said coin doors matter because many ppl route in this hobby, including myself. This means if you buy a home pin (yes, I know it says 'home' in the title for a reason), you eliminate a lot of your resale market. If the customer wants to keep it forever, it doesn't matter, but as I said before, people with money are usually smart with their money and will research about pinball. They'll end up with a pro if anything. Just my two cents, but at least read it and use basic comprehension if you want to respond.

1 week later
#561 4 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

One thing I noted at CAX was that the new Sterns got played the most and had the least downtime of any of the pins I was interested in playing. A lot of the old Williams, Ballys and DE's were up and down all day. Most likely minor issues as they always came back on line at some point, but the Sterns for the most part always seemed to be working.

Let's compare apples to apples here. Let's see how the spike systems are doing in 2034. I highly doubt you'll see them coming back on line as often when they go down.

1 month later
#604 4 years ago

With the materials used and the lack of manual, these appear to be treated as disposable pins. I'd say the average consumer would pay 1k, maybe 1.5k max for a temp toy. Once they break, they will go up for sale, just like the ol' air hockey table covered with dust in the basement.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 4,999.99
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 4,999.99
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Redlands, CA
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin-Tools.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 54.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tranquilize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-home-star-wars-?tu=tranquilize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.