CFC653BC-BE65-41BC-BB47-35BA5123694D (resized).jpeg
45FF08FD-61BF-4034-B9F4-8E98AB6DBAE8.jpeg
th (resized).jpg
DBEEF7D0-592E-4F86-B374-46C66F53FF6E.gif
364D5501-B6F7-4EA0-9A1D-A60783A64514 (resized).jpeg
58A94CFF-30C0-4512-80C8-6B97CB81545C (resized).jpeg
41BAAF3A-17BE-4424-8B98-C0DE4B62B123 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3914 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thermionic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#228 4 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

It must be really lightweight. In the stream the machine shakes a little bit with every press of the flipper. The problem is price, looks like a 3K machine.

Per the brochure on Stern's website:
Unboxed weight: 220#
Dimensions: 68.5"X27"X48"

"Normal" Stern pin (BK Pro):
Unboxed weight: 250#
Dimensions: 75.5"X27"X55"

#280 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Do you really think they could sell this at $2500 and not lose money on every sale? This game is almost a pro. Put a bigger screen on it and coin mechs and it's a legit location game.
I guess I understand you think it's too expensive but at some point it's a moot line of thinking. I mean, $2000 would look even better. $1500 would look better still. $500?! HOLY SHIT!!!
But we are living in reality here.

I made this point in another thread (they really should be merged BTW), but the MSRP is never going to simply scale up/down linearly with complexity and BOM alone. There are many costs such as engineering/R&D/externalities which won't appreciably decrease just because a few mechs and lights are omitted and the screen is shrunken. The only way to possibly make a viable $2k game is to outsource to Cambodia/Vietnam/Thailand/Indonesia/etc.

I love that there are so many dreamers on Pinside (the world needs more of them), but reality bites and you gotta' pay to play!

1 month later
#593 4 years ago

How well do we think Stern will ultimately support this game? What vibe do you get from them, do they actually seem committed these “Pin” models now?

Games are shipping, but there are no service manuals posted to the Stern website at this point, which is unusual for them and frankly a bit ominous, given that they don’t appear to even acknowledge the existence of the Avengers and Transformers games at all. It also seems as if they are trying to discourage the end-user from accessing the “innards”, given the coin door partition (totally unnecessary, and that money should have instead been allocated to stereo backbox speakers and/or a cabinet mid/bass driver) and screws/bracket rather than a lock for the backglass. This would be a great fit for my kids and their friends, but I am concerned they’ll end up abandoning this game too or that they will tell me it’s only serviceable by “qualified personnel” if I call for tech support.

The previous “Pin” games were virtually non-serviceable, never had any printed or online service documentation available (not even a list of rubber sizes or fuse locations, or basic schematics/parts diagrams), and don’t appear to have spare parts (beyond the universal stuff) available anywhere.

#610 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Watching the video, it reeks of cheap. I'd never drop $4000 on that.

Hate to say it, but the inflated $4k price is likely due in part to the fact that it is made in one of the most costly labor/regulatory markets anywhere. If it were assembled in China or some SE Asian country it could probably be profitably priced more in the $2-2.5k range, which would make the BOM/features compromises a lot easier to swallow.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 4,999.99
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin-Tools.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Redlands, CA
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 4,999.99
$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thermionic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-home-star-wars-?tu=thermionic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.