CFC653BC-BE65-41BC-BB47-35BA5123694D (resized).jpeg
45FF08FD-61BF-4034-B9F4-8E98AB6DBAE8.jpeg
th (resized).jpg
DBEEF7D0-592E-4F86-B374-46C66F53FF6E.gif
364D5501-B6F7-4EA0-9A1D-A60783A64514 (resized).jpeg
58A94CFF-30C0-4512-80C8-6B97CB81545C (resized).jpeg
41BAAF3A-17BE-4424-8B98-C0DE4B62B123 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3914 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffspinballpalace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#127 4 years ago

This product’s success comes down to selling price. If the game is priced at $10k like Beatles gold, it will sell badly and the amount of complaining will become unbearable. If it costs $2k, I would gamble and buy one and am guessing many other pinball collectors would too. There would be lots of comparisons made to the pro, but the atmosphere on Pinside will be chillaxed and more accepting.

In reality this pseudo-pin will only be available through Costco, not current distributors and it will cost exactly ... $4,500. That is too much for a machine that isn’t quite a pro and it will fail imo. The obvious goal is to price it at the sweet spot. With Deeproot’s fully featured games rumored to be $5k and seeing this is less pin, i believe the price needs to be under $3k to reach masses and tap into the unserved community.

While the game will cost Stern less than $2k to make, they need/expect to earn $2k per game in order to bother making them. Simple accounting shows us $2k Stern cost plus $2k Stern profit plus $500 Costco/distributor profit equals a pricetag I don’t wanna see. We’ll know for sure in four hours.

#167 4 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

You've got to remember that previous Stern home games had almost ZERO support. No manuals. No schematics. No code updates. Not even mentioned on the Stern website any more. Stern completely ignores "The Pin" owners.

Good point, another aspect is software can’t be updated. You get a game that is 100% done but won’t ever be improved. As a self-diagnosed pinball nut, that would drive me straight to crazy town.

#497 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Srsly the more I see of this game, the more I like it... mostly.
So the metal ramps, the better theme integration (Tie Fighter Drops guarding the ramp entrance to the Death Star), the Death star having an actual target where the ball can ricochet off instead of being just decoration like with the pro, as well as having the Tie Fighter on a spring... springing (shaking)... in a much simpler way. This game has not LESS toys then the Pro, ist has MORE!!! (I don't coun't the underused mini screen above the stand up targets as a toy. I wrote here when that game was new, that this targets should just have been drops to get a physical feedback instead of the screen animation - and now they are.)
(Edit: I forgot the 3 Color GI, but that still is no game changer - well, maybe in "lightsaber battle" mode.)
Mechanically I'm intrigued how they tried to do cost savings (like the slings not firing individually) as I have a background in product development; but not so much on the customer end of things, of course. But still, unless you're in multiball it will make no difference gameplaywise, whatsoever.
And regarding the price:
1500$ less then the Pro is a huge amount of money for a missing screen, less coils and missing coin slot mount.
Additionally for me as a "Newb", when I had made my mind up to buy a full fledged pinball machine I wanted to buy a TOTAN but preferred to buy a Ghostbusters Pro NIB. Because no matter how good a TOTAN is, I couldn't imagine to pay the same price for a 20 year old game as for a brand new one. Going back to that thought I'd buy a Star Wars Home oder a 2 year old used Pro, because I'd still have warranty and customer service on that!
Should I have bought a TOTAN? - Now I'd say yes. BUt this still were my thoughts back then thinking of this of a huge investment going into a mostly new hobby.

Flash forward to today at exactly thirty seconds ago. Game will be available soon and it costs $4k, will you be buying one? I ask because that seems to be the only sticking point to Stern being able to sell these in quantity. If you answered no, would you buy one if it were priced at $3k? I’d be a very hard yes. The proof is in the pudding and we will see how things actually play out.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 4,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 3,699.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin-Tools.com
Sound/Speakers
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, SC
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com
Shooter rods
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richland, MI
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
€ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 4,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffspinballpalace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-home-star-wars-?tu=jeffspinballpalace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.