CFC653BC-BE65-41BC-BB47-35BA5123694D (resized).jpeg
45FF08FD-61BF-4034-B9F4-8E98AB6DBAE8.jpeg
th (resized).jpg
DBEEF7D0-592E-4F86-B374-46C66F53FF6E.gif
364D5501-B6F7-4EA0-9A1D-A60783A64514 (resized).jpeg
58A94CFF-30C0-4512-80C8-6B97CB81545C (resized).jpeg
41BAAF3A-17BE-4424-8B98-C0DE4B62B123 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3914 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider extraballz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#61 4 years ago

This is the big announcement?

1CFAFA71-C47F-436A-BA30-6F85CCD9FA1A (resized).png1CFAFA71-C47F-436A-BA30-6F85CCD9FA1A (resized).png
#253 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

did they shorten the flippers? in the stream, it appears that everyone is having issues with attempting to trap balls and they are "walking" right up and off the ends

That’s because this isn’t a real pinball machine. It’s a cheap toy. I hope it flops.....

#259 4 years ago

In one step Stern makes their standard line look higher quality because the home edition is a joke and they open the door to raise prices on their standard models due to the fact that the home edition will now be the entry level machine.

#265 4 years ago

Stern the company that supposedly saved pinball is also the company that has tried to lower the quality standards and features in games. All for maximum profit. Good for them and bad for us.

#268 4 years ago

Munsters.......flop
BK........flop
SW home......flop
Stern is really on a roll here.

#278 4 years ago
Quoted from Jgel:

This makes zero sense to me. Unless you are a direct competitor of Stern (not even sure then) why would you want it to flop? Just because you don't like it and don't want one means that you hope it fails? Just strange thinking.

Because Stern is the one constantly lowering the quality and features in pins. It lowers expectations for all pins. It’s just a big business move with very little concern about the customers. Going backwards in quality and feature offered is never a good thing. I want pins to get better and better......not worse. What’s strange about that.

#291 4 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I think it’s good that they are trying new markets as well. If the price point could ever get something like this down to $1000 I think a lot of people here would have a different opinion

They are not creating a new market. They are placing the home edition where the Pro was and just jacking up the price of the rest. Profit 101. Let’s not make our pins better quality when we can just make some of even less quality which will in turn make the others look better?

#299 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

It is a real pinball machine.
4500$ is not cheap.
Pinball itself is a "toy" if it's not what you make your income of.
Wishing other people bad luck gets you nothing and that bad luck hurts the company and therefore the other games they make.

Technically yes it is a real pinball machine. But Stern keeps watering down pinball and it has an overall effect of lower expectations on all pins. It is not a good thing for the hobby overall IMO. Right now we are getting less at the same time prices are increasing. There will be a breaking point to this. So why should I wish good luck to those purposely diluting pinball. Improve your quality and features and then you get praise. Not for this SW home junk.

#324 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

That's fair.
But then change the market, vote with your wallet and buy yourself a Dialed In, Houdini or Alice Cooper.
No need to wish them bad luck.

So I never said I wish them bad luck. That sounds like I am being malicious in some way. I am not a fan of the Stern home edition idea as a consumer looking for high quality pinball. So yes I would like to see this strategy fail because of what I think it does overall. I would rather see Stern use it’s far superior manufacturing to build better and better pins. Let’s say all pins from all manufacturers were 7K. I think Stern could build the best because of their capabilities and talent. A man can dream....

#444 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Maybe the un-pinball-informed Costco customer sees the Stern SW home pin there and uses his phone to google it. He finds the Stern website and sees the higher prices for SW pins on there but does not distinguish any big difference between those and the one at Costco. The Costco pin looks like a bargain to him so he buys it.

So the Stern strategy is to pray on the uninformed to sell home edition machines instead of the trying to make the best pins which sell themselves strategy?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Redlands, CA
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Des Moines, IA
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin-Tools.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 4,999.99
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 4,999.99
$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider extraballz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-home-star-wars-?tu=extraballz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.