CFC653BC-BE65-41BC-BB47-35BA5123694D (resized).jpeg
45FF08FD-61BF-4034-B9F4-8E98AB6DBAE8.jpeg
th (resized).jpg
DBEEF7D0-592E-4F86-B374-46C66F53FF6E.gif
364D5501-B6F7-4EA0-9A1D-A60783A64514 (resized).jpeg
58A94CFF-30C0-4512-80C8-6B97CB81545C (resized).jpeg
41BAAF3A-17BE-4424-8B98-C0DE4B62B123 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3914 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billy16.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#443 4 years ago

Just got back from playing the new SW. I have to say it was a lot more fun than I was expecting. Some of the shots were kinda clunky, but all-in-all it shot pretty well and I enjoyed playing it. The ball lock "mechanism" is really pretty cool and works as intended. Easy to knock the ball out, but much harder to land the ball into the perch. A few balls jumped off the death star wireform, and other than the bit of shot clunky-ness my only other real complaint was the size of the screen--way too small. It was too noisy to hear the sound well.

I think I found the future buyers for this one...parents! The kids were drawn to this SW like a moth to flame--could hardly get in a game once the kids got on it they were having so much fun. After playing it and seeing how enamored kids are with this pin, I think Stern will sell a lot of these if they get them to somewhere like Costco or Target. If mom and dad don't balk at the price, Stern may move more than you'd think. Much rather have my child playing pinball than goofing around on their phone all day.

I talked to Zach briefly and asked who designed it. He said Gomez did, which I figured after playing it. If this game played smoother, I'd like it better than the "real" Star Wars. I have no idea of what the cab construction is, or the quality of plywood for the playfield (etc.), and it did seem to sit a little lower than a regular pin (as J. Danger noted in his stream). If kids are the target audience, it should sit lower. At any rate, I think this plays well enough and looks nice enough that real Star Wars nuts will want to have one.

#452 4 years ago

I don't know how the ball lock will hold up, but on the surface it is genius. So simple yet it works, is very unobtrusive, a semi-challenge to load and fun to knock the ball out of. I thought it was pretty cool.

#531 4 years ago

Have any of you actually played this? It really shoots a lot better than I think you are expecting by just looking at photos. Not great, a little clunky in places, but still pretty fun. Price is the biggest issue.

1 week later
#558 4 years ago

One thing I noted at CAX was that the new Sterns got played the most and had the least downtime of any of the pins I was interested in playing. A lot of the old Williams, Ballys and DE's were up and down all day. Most likely minor issues as they always came back on line at some point, but the Sterns for the most part always seemed to be working.

#562 4 years ago

That could happen. Just noting what I observed, which actually surprised me.

1 month later
#606 4 years ago

Its really unfortunate Stern cut so many corners and tagged this with an unrealistic price as it looks good and plays very well. Put this is a SW Pro cabinet and I’d be a potential buyer.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Redlands, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4,999.99
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin-Tools.com

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 54.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 4,999.99
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billy16.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-home-star-wars-?tu=billy16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.