CFC653BC-BE65-41BC-BB47-35BA5123694D (resized).jpeg
45FF08FD-61BF-4034-B9F4-8E98AB6DBAE8.jpeg
th (resized).jpg
DBEEF7D0-592E-4F86-B374-46C66F53FF6E.gif
364D5501-B6F7-4EA0-9A1D-A60783A64514 (resized).jpeg
58A94CFF-30C0-4512-80C8-6B97CB81545C (resized).jpeg
41BAAF3A-17BE-4424-8B98-C0DE4B62B123 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3914 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 4 years ago

This community sure knows how to throw a temper tantrum.

I'm curious to see how it all works personally. Do you really need a new announcement every month or two to keep you interested? Maybe stop and think about the vicious buying cycle and relax for a moment. Stern will have a new toy for you shortly I'm sure. Jurassic Whatever or some other lunch box.

Meanwhile, here's something slightly different, and instead of anyone being at all curious about how it might work (looks different from the Spider-Man home pin in some ways already) it's just crying and teeth gnashing. Have a little curiosity, and a little patience.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Yea but not all of us are in the vicious buying cycle. I've only had one pin for quite awhile now and have been interested in some of the rumored themes. For me this is just a massive letdown and I'm ready to buy something.

So by something. Or wait. A new pin is only new for a couple weeks then it’s just another game. Get something used, it will have finished code and be a better value anyways.

#63 4 years ago

Pinside logic is always the same. "If you can afford $4000 you can afford $6000".

Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:

Beyond disappointing for such a targeted audience. Why on Earth would you release such a lackluster example of what you do best for an audience with deep pockets?

Because everything Stern does isn't for Pinside. This isn't the beating heart of pinball, and must be catered to with every move.

There are people out there who don't want to buy a used pinball machine, because it's incredibly intimidating to think about trying to keep it running. They want new, with a warranty and a dealer. And they can't afford or don't want to spend nearly $6000 on a toy, but can justify closer to $4k.

Or not and it's a failure. Either way, it's clearly not for you, or most people in this thread, and that's okay. You weren't promised anything, there was no hype or campaign, just a little press release about them being at a big convention that's for nerds and has nothing to do with pinball.

#95 4 years ago

Just don't buy it if you don't want it. I'm not buying it, but whatever, I can still be curious.

Like, what's up with the shooter lane? I don't see wood grain. Decal? Painted? The playfield isn't actually made of wood? That last one would be interesting.

It's also interesting that habit rails were apparently cheaper than plastic ramps for the returns. How many times have the Pros had plastic while the Prem/LE got the rails?

The apron seems nicer than Spider-Man home. I know the speaker placement is sure better. Clearly Stern thinks there's a market, not only are they making another home game, they're redesigning and refining it.

#150 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Sorry but for Stern to hype this home version like it's their next big new game is complete bullshit. That's the problem. Simple as that.

What hype?

Serious question, I have no idea what you're referring to. A press release? They're releasing a new product that they clearly worked hard on, at a big convention, and put out a standard press release.

What else?

#212 4 years ago

I think this is a really smart package, lots of clever stuff to keep costs down while still providing a solid 'real' beginner pinball experience. Like the physical ball lock that turns into a newton ball to unlock, that's nice. Cheap, simple, provides a really easy to understand physical interaction that rewards you with a multiball. Drop targets that open up a ramp shot, another really easy to grasp idea for a new player. It's smart stuff imo. Metal ramps, habit rails, a spinner, it feels like a legit package.

But ... $4500 is too much. If that's what it take to make this then I guess oh well. But it's too expensive for casuals, too decontented for 'real' pinball people. I'm not mad at Stern for trying, or upset that this is the reveal. I've got the stream on, I'm curious and having fun looking at it and examining the ways they built it.

But I can't see it being a success with the price. Oh well!

#302 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

If they had dropped the LCD and just went with an old school alpha numeric, they might have been able to drop the price a significant amount.

It would cost more to put in that alphanumeric than that LCD display. I'd be surprised if that screen cost them much more than $10-15 dollars. And while it's not large, it gives them a lot more versatility and media options.

Honestly I think the mistake was not putting it in the apron instead, and just leave the backbox for art and speakers.

#420 4 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Why would I take up precious room in my home with a fake pin?
Scenario:-
“Hey guys, come around to my house and play some Pinball!”
“Wow You have a real Pinball in your home?”
“Hell yeah”
“Dude WTF - theres no Coin Door, looks, sounds and plays a bit weird.....is this a kiddies toy?”
“Ermm....yeah, I got it kinda cheaper than a real one, by around 1k.......”
“Dude, are you serious.....you should have just saved a bit harder and got a real one.....”

This post cracks me up. And I think really speaks to all the angst in this thread. You're imaging a scenario where you get embarrassed that someone comes to your house and makes fun of your coin door, and then shames you for not spending more money.

What kind of dickhead friends do people have? "Wow you have a real pinball?" ... "Oh, there's no coin slots, nice job you broke ass, I'm going home with your girlfriend".

Quoted from Tranquilize:

Coin doors aren't just for show.

This coin door envy thing is too much. This is like all the people freaking out over MMr coin mechs, when we all know damn well they've never dropped a coin in their games in their entire lives, and never will. They're never routing their NIB games, someone might plunge too hard and ruin the shooter lane finish.

If you would be embarrassed to have someone over and see your blank face coin door then maybe this hobby is just a way for you to show off how you spend money. Or you have shitty friends, I dunno. But what a thing to get anxious over.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 4,999.99
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 4,999.99
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Redlands, CA
$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
West Des Moines, IA
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin-Tools.com

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-home-star-wars-?tu=aurich and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.