CFC653BC-BE65-41BC-BB47-35BA5123694D (resized).jpeg
45FF08FD-61BF-4034-B9F4-8E98AB6DBAE8.jpeg
th (resized).jpg
DBEEF7D0-592E-4F86-B374-46C66F53FF6E.gif
364D5501-B6F7-4EA0-9A1D-A60783A64514 (resized).jpeg
58A94CFF-30C0-4512-80C8-6B97CB81545C (resized).jpeg
41BAAF3A-17BE-4424-8B98-C0DE4B62B123 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3914 (resized).jpg
There are 623 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 13.
#1 4 years ago

Just saw official pics

781F04E7-3F57-47CF-8CB6-9F54417EE76F (resized).jpeg781F04E7-3F57-47CF-8CB6-9F54417EE76F (resized).jpeg
#2 4 years ago

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

#3 4 years ago

Let the bitching begin!

#4 4 years ago

Aw jeez, not this crap again.

#5 4 years ago
giphy (3) (resized).pnggiphy (3) (resized).png
#6 4 years ago

The Force is wrong with this one.

#7 4 years ago

Yikes. 10k by Christmas?

#8 4 years ago
394 (resized).jpg394 (resized).jpg
#9 4 years ago

While I'm certainly not in love with this machine, it at least has the legs outside of the unit - unlike Transformers 'The Pin'. It also has a decent looking translite and a small LED screen in the backbox, so it looks more modern too. Maybe this will bring more folks into the pinball hobby? Or maybe not...

#10 4 years ago

Looks the pro translite, similar if not the same cabinet art as premium(subtle differences), front art almost the same, Death Star toy looks similar if not the same.

Is there anything different?WTF?

#11 4 years ago

Is this tomorrows big announcement?

#12 4 years ago

It's not anything new so I'm not excited.

But I'm happy for anyone looking to get into the hobby and this became their first pin. Good move by Stern tbh.

Even though it leaves me empty inside...

#13 4 years ago

Looks like the ramp on the left goes through the Death Star...I might have to upgrade my pro model....

#14 4 years ago

Stern’s home edition pin is not about growing the market, it’s about designing the next round of cost cutting for the only market.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Stern’s home edition pin is not about growing the market, it’s about designing the next round of cost cutting for the only market.

Nah.

#18 4 years ago

Yikes.

Buying a home version of a machine, to me, is not "getting into the hobby". Spend that $3800 on T2, FT, WCS, RS, JM, JY or something along those lines.

This machine might sell to affluent Star Wars fans, but I have serious doubts whether this will lead more people into pinball.

#19 4 years ago

This is so dumb.

#20 4 years ago

Take my money. I want two of them for my cats.

#21 4 years ago

WHY, WHy, why, would they waste their time on crap like this?

Move along folks, nothing to see here......

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

WHY, WHy, why, would they waste their time on crap like this?
Move along folks, nothing to see here......

Its such a waste of their resources and talent. Every home pin designed is a real pin that was never created. I feel sorry for anyone that buys this.

#23 4 years ago

It can't just be this...

#25 4 years ago

Anyone who thinks this is the big announcement at Comic-con is pretty short sighted. Tomorrow 9:30AM Pacific Time.

#26 4 years ago

Star Wars home pin WTF!

#27 4 years ago

Since this is "supposed" to be a low cost, high sales game, who's going to be selling it?

If somebody knows different, the dimensions are comparable to a standard machine?

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Anyone who thinks this is the big announcement at Comic-con is pretty short sighted. Tomorrow 9:30AM Pacific Time.

i'm praying your right!

#29 4 years ago

That lcd just looks weird being so small, they should have just went back to a dmd if they were trying to save a few bucks.

#30 4 years ago

Is this one of those deepfakes they’ve been warning us about?

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Is this one of those deepfakes they’ve been warning us about?

Oh how I wish that were true...

#32 4 years ago

Who buys home versions for 4k? Honestly, that can’t be worth the trouble for them to make. If you want a crappy 4k stern there’s always a couple of their shit pro titles on CL. (Looking at you Wrestlemania). At least they’re full featured more or less.

#33 4 years ago

LOL!!! I love watching this stuff. Another kick in the junk to the community, and they'll prolly increase the price to like $4500 or so.

#34 4 years ago

A good photo fake gives us either a single image, where we then dispute it is real, or a better deep fake is two examples of said fake... but, alas, when faced with 3 examples of pure evil, one does the only thing they know how. They get up off their asses, they walk over to their full sized, fully featured Stern machine, turn it on, and forget this nightmare even exists.

#35 4 years ago

I know there is always a certain level of complaining when a new pin is revealed. But 100% of this is justified. I am in the market for another pin and was really looking forward to something REAL.

#36 4 years ago

This community sure knows how to throw a temper tantrum.

I'm curious to see how it all works personally. Do you really need a new announcement every month or two to keep you interested? Maybe stop and think about the vicious buying cycle and relax for a moment. Stern will have a new toy for you shortly I'm sure. Jurassic Whatever or some other lunch box.

Meanwhile, here's something slightly different, and instead of anyone being at all curious about how it might work (looks different from the Spider-Man home pin in some ways already) it's just crying and teeth gnashing. Have a little curiosity, and a little patience.

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from JRay23:

That lcd just looks weird being so small, they should have just went back to a dmd if they were trying to save a few bucks.

DMD actually costs more.

#38 4 years ago

Lol.. o my
FB_IMG_1563420240618 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1563420240618 (resized).jpg

#39 4 years ago

Sad looking pin for 3-4k....

#40 4 years ago

Looks better than the Pro.

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

This community sure knows how to throw a temper tantrum.
I'm curious to see how it all works personally. Do you really need a new announcement every month or two to keep you interested? Maybe stop and think about the vicious buying cycle and relax for a moment. Stern will have a new toy for you shortly I'm sure. Jurassic Whatever or some other lunch box.
Meanwhile, here's something slightly different, and instead of anyone being at all curious about how it might work (looks different from the Spider-Man home pin in some ways already) it's just crying and teeth gnashing. Have a little curiosity, and a little patience.

Yea but not all of us are in the vicious buying cycle. I've only had one pin for quite awhile now and have been interested in some of the rumored themes. For me this is just a massive letdown and I'm ready to buy something.

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Lol.. o my
[quoted image]

That shooter rod though...

#43 4 years ago

Who needs pop bumpers?
Looks easy to wax.

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Lol.. o my
[quoted image]

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Yea but not all of us are in the vicious buying cycle. I've only had one pin for quite awhile now and have been interested in some of the rumored themes. For me this is just a massive letdown and I'm ready to buy something.

So by something. Or wait. A new pin is only new for a couple weeks then it’s just another game. Get something used, it will have finished code and be a better value anyways.

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Have a little curiosity, and a little patience.

Quit acting like the Pope or something, you know it’ll suck. Release your id

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

So by something. Or wait. A new pin is only new for a couple weeks then it’s just another game. Get something used, it will have finished code and be a better value anyways.

All good points. But I was looking forward to something new being announced, just very disappointed, nothing wrong with that.

#48 4 years ago

Corrects a number of issues that made the Spider-Man home (and The Pin before it) look so bad:

Actual plunger
Coin Door
Legs outside the cabinet
No speaker on your right gonad
Proper sized and proportioned head

The small LCD makes sense too as it's proportional to the original, just smaller. The overall look is pretty professional. It appears to be a full-size pinball machine, and that's been the main obstacle no home game has overcome yet. I love the look of the head reminds me of a System 9 game.

Depending on price they could sell some.

#49 4 years ago

Look fun to me!

#50 4 years ago

A game this stripped down would to me serve no purpose other than to compel a prospective buyer to "upgrade" to a proper pinball. All a distro would have to do is set one of these up in his showroom and shoppers would know from a ball or two that a proper PRO is where worthwhile pinballs begin, etc.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Redlands, CA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 4,999.99
$ 4,999.99
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Des Moines, IA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin-Tools.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

There are 623 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-home-star-wars-?hl=otto110 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.