CFC653BC-BE65-41BC-BB47-35BA5123694D (resized).jpeg
45FF08FD-61BF-4034-B9F4-8E98AB6DBAE8.jpeg
th (resized).jpg
DBEEF7D0-592E-4F86-B374-46C66F53FF6E.gif
364D5501-B6F7-4EA0-9A1D-A60783A64514 (resized).jpeg
58A94CFF-30C0-4512-80C8-6B97CB81545C (resized).jpeg
41BAAF3A-17BE-4424-8B98-C0DE4B62B123 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3914 (resized).jpg
There are 623 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 13.
#201 4 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Deadflip is streaming the game

Link?

#202 4 years ago

nice closeup.

Screenshot_20190718_191109_com.google.android.youtube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190718_191109_com.google.android.youtube (resized).jpg
#203 4 years ago

OK so what phase of Stern releases are we in now; Acting like the MSRP is the real game price?

#204 4 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

Costs more then I paid for my NIB Spiderman.

Yup, and that really wasn't that long ago.

#205 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

OK let's see the list of cost cutting measures to get this under 4k.

- cabinet is made of quad walled cardboard
- playfield is still mdf, but now has a nascar window peel-off adhered to it to keep the art from chipping
- pinballs are 3D printed
- runs on 6 D cell batteries

#206 4 years ago

So your favorite car company makes the x5000 and you own one..... but they also make the economy model SB1.07. Do you unload on the car company because they are trying to capture market share?

Don’t forget the dark ages of pinball.

#207 4 years ago

There is a modded SW Pro 30 minutes from me for $4700...been sitting awhile too.

#209 4 years ago

I gotta admit I kinda like it from the stream so far, not enough to pay $4500 for one but it looks fun to play.

#210 4 years ago

Watching the DF stream, it really doesn't look like much less of a pin than what they do with the Stern Pro's. If it were ~$3500 I'd be comfortable recommending it to non-pinhead friends.

#211 4 years ago

Thanks for this, watching it now! Looks cool to me, not something I would buy but could be something I'd buy as a gift. Like my young niece and nephew visited me recently and loved my pinball machines, but they are too big and expensive for them to ever have and their parents have zero interested in buying a used pin. This could be something I could buy them as a christmas gift depending on price range and size. Does anyone know the dimensions of this machine? I think at $2999 this would be cool, at $3999 maybe a bit much, have to wait and see what retail price is I guess.

#212 4 years ago

I think this is a really smart package, lots of clever stuff to keep costs down while still providing a solid 'real' beginner pinball experience. Like the physical ball lock that turns into a newton ball to unlock, that's nice. Cheap, simple, provides a really easy to understand physical interaction that rewards you with a multiball. Drop targets that open up a ramp shot, another really easy to grasp idea for a new player. It's smart stuff imo. Metal ramps, habit rails, a spinner, it feels like a legit package.

But ... $4500 is too much. If that's what it take to make this then I guess oh well. But it's too expensive for casuals, too decontented for 'real' pinball people. I'm not mad at Stern for trying, or upset that this is the reveal. I've got the stream on, I'm curious and having fun looking at it and examining the ways they built it.

But I can't see it being a success with the price. Oh well!

#213 4 years ago

Would love to flip this game. I usually love anything SW. The layout looks fun. If it’s different code wise, I’d buy it second hand once’s the used market price for it stabilizes. It’s Premium bigger brother edition is at the top of my wanted list. This looks different enough that it would be fun to have both if you were a SW fan.

#214 4 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Sterns new ball lock assembly. Two posts and a side rail to hold the initial ball against / which will rest on a switch and can be hit out like a captive ball. A 2nd ball can be hit up to the top of that one and to the left activating a second lock switch. (New cost cutting measure)
[quoted image]

Good morning.

Whis is still Spiderman Home/ Supreme (wich have the exact same "mech" and it's nice btw.).

#215 4 years ago

That the Tie fighters are now Drop targets that guard the Death Star IS SO MUCH BETTER THEN THE PRO!!!

#216 4 years ago

It must be really lightweight. In the stream the machine shakes a little bit with every press of the flipper. The problem is price, looks like a 3K machine.

#217 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

That the Tie fighters are now Drop targets that guard the Death Star IS SO MUCH BETTER THEN THE PRO!!!

agreed, in terms of theme integration

#218 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

You know, that is really cool.

#219 4 years ago

did they shorten the flippers? in the stream, it appears that everyone is having issues with attempting to trap balls and they are "walking" right up and off the ends

#220 4 years ago

Not the machine I was hoping for, but it looks pretty nice on the Deadflip stream

#221 4 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Yup, and that really wasn't that long ago.

I know and it was my first NIB so I probably didn't even get that great of a deal. Spidey was a full featured game as well and wasn't made when they were in financial trouble either.

#222 4 years ago

They have better variety of animations and clips even callouts than the regular machines.

I’m seeing and hearing a ton of new stuff

#223 4 years ago

Looks kinda fun...I’d play it!

#224 4 years ago

It does look good, I’m truly surprised.

#225 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

did they shorten the flippers? in the stream, it appears that everyone is having issues with attempting to trap balls and they are "walking" right up and off the ends

Probably have it set steep to make it look faster

#226 4 years ago

The small display and worse lighting aside:
This thing really looks more fun than the Pro.

The Drops guarding the Death Star, the Death Star ramp divert into the other ramp (so 3 ramp shots) wich on top are steel ones and not plastic.

And I like the super-simple lock mechanism.

And flow seems great! (It's the 3rd iteration of that game so...)

Gomez knocked it out of the park... if you take the restrictions into account that is, of course.

#227 4 years ago

it does look like a fun game and i'd be on board all day at $2000. i realize that they can't make it profitable at that number but pricing it at the same level as a used Stern Pro just seems crazy. i know its different target markets but still.

the spinner does look super good and seems like it might be the same one on beatles (which is amazing).

#228 4 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

It must be really lightweight. In the stream the machine shakes a little bit with every press of the flipper. The problem is price, looks like a 3K machine.

Per the brochure on Stern's website:
Unboxed weight: 220#
Dimensions: 68.5"X27"X48"

"Normal" Stern pin (BK Pro):
Unboxed weight: 250#
Dimensions: 75.5"X27"X55"

#229 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I think this is a really smart package, lots of clever stuff to keep costs down while still providing a solid 'real' beginner pinball experience. Like the physical ball lock that turns into a newton ball to unlock, that's nice. Cheap, simple, provides a really easy to understand physical interaction that rewards you with a multiball. Drop targets that open up a ramp shot, another really easy to grasp idea for a new player. It's smart stuff imo. Metal ramps, habit rails, a spinner, it feels like a legit package.
But ... $4500 is too much. If that's what it take to make this then I guess oh well. But it's too expensive for casuals, too decontented for 'real' pinball people. I'm not mad at Stern for trying, or upset that this is the reveal. I've got the stream on, I'm curious and having fun looking at it and examining the ways they built it.
But I can't see it being a success with the price. Oh well!

Definitely my thoughts on it....maybe at some point enough costs can be cut to get one of these style of pins down to 2500-3000 but I'm not sure how.

#230 4 years ago

Aside from the pricing issue....my biggest complain with this entire thing is actually the amount of strobing of the GI. It's *insane*....like Transformers level insane. That really needs to be toned down.

#231 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

OK so what phase of Stern releases are we in now; Acting like the MSRP is the real game price?

Yeah, sounds right. Next phase is the litany of 'I'm out' / 'I'm in'.

#232 4 years ago

or this

#233 4 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Definitely my thoughts on it....maybe at some point enough costs can be cut to get one of these style of pins down to 2500-3000 but I'm not sure how.

Simple: Made in China, Thailand, Vietnam, etc. is what it would take, and I hope we never have to go there.....

#234 4 years ago

I see the potential for a new model in Sterns hierarchy. Home, pro, premium and LE. They seem to be playing the line of pro cost.

If not, they are nuts at this price. If they want newbs to buy machines, they absolutely must go under 2k. Thus means they must be very creative by using new pf materials, fewer mechs and somehow keep it fun and like real Pinball.

#235 4 years ago

Actually looks decent enough gameplay wise. It's not like the pro provides more mechs or anything. A decent option for a SW fan that wants to play pinball and save $1400 compared to the pro.

#236 4 years ago

To expensive for non pinballers!
Drop the price to 3500 then maybe

#237 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Anyone who thinks this is the big announcement at Comic-con is pretty short sighted. Tomorrow 9:30AM Pacific Time.

Please come defend yourself good sir

#238 4 years ago

Ok, HERE is something new (wich you may have guessed in parts):

While the other "Home" games usually have not been distributed trough retailers, this one will.

Additionally at least Star Wars Home will be available as the FIRST "Home" Pin outside the US.
That at least is great news (for me), since Spider Man Home, The Pin oder Batman Home didn't find their way here.

#239 4 years ago

This sucks.

#240 4 years ago

Might have been asked. But I want to know what happens if your ball drains while the other is stuck in the lock. It looks like it has no mechanical way to release the ball. So if the ball you are playing drains....................

#241 4 years ago
Quoted from pantherpinball:

Might have been asked. But I want to know what happens if your ball drains while the other is stuck in the lock. It looks like it has no mechanical way to release the ball. So if the ball you are playing drains....................

Correct. You'll lose your ball.

This plays much like Supreme (which I've played a bunch) which I believe is the same as SM home.

#242 4 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

Please come defend yourself good sir

Got 'eeeeem! Where you at, @lotr_breath?

#243 4 years ago

If they sold these through Costco and had a couple on the floor, they might actually sell...

#244 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Correct. You'll lose your ball.

This plays much like Supreme (which I've played a bunch) which I believe is the same as SM home.

So then the ball is there for a multi-ball at the start of next game? In other words, there is no "reset" to this?

Lets say you are on your 3rd ball, and have the ball stuck there for the ball lock.... and you lose your ball.

This ball that is in the lock starts there on the next game? Really?

#245 4 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Sterns new ball lock assembly. Two posts and a side rail to hold the initial ball against / which will rest on a switch and can be hit out like a captive ball. A 2nd ball can be hit up to the top of that one and to the left activating a second lock switch. (New cost cutting measure)
[quoted image]

That's actually a brilliant idea which brings new gameplays.

But the pin itswlf is pointless... empty, simple...
For that price I'd rather get a 2nd hand or routed SW pro than this... in a heartbeat...

#246 4 years ago

So then the ball is there for a multi-ball at the start of next game? In other words, there is no "reset" to this?
Lets say you are on your 3rd ball, and have the ball stuck there for the ball lock.... and you lose your ball.

Yes. And like older games (Taxi for example), there is lock stealing. So P1 drains with a ball in there, P2 can one shot multiball right away.

#247 4 years ago

Yes, really. Just like many older games.

A good way to avoid this is to knock the ball out instead of losing your ball while it's still locked.

#248 4 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Yes. And like older games (Taxi for example), there is lock stealing. So P1 drains with a ball in there, P2 can one shot multiball right away.

I don't mind lock stealing. (Love how Pink Panther does it.)

I guess what I mind is that the game has no way to start fresh. You could walk up to it with a 3 ball multi-ball waiting on ball 1, shot 1.

#249 4 years ago

Not bad at all. Maybe at a better price point.

#250 4 years ago

Not my cup of tea but the game has metal ramps drop targets two toys a spinner thins people have been bitching about for years

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Des Moines, IA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 4,999.99
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin-Tools.com

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 4,999.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 623 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-home-star-wars-/page/5?hl=celofane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.