60 days ago

Topic Stats

• 618 posts
  • 240 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Tbpilot78
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 35 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

SWH1 (resized).png
    SWH3 (resized).png
    SHW2 (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-29 at 12.02.50 PM (resized).png
    SWH2 (resized).jpg
    SWH (resized).jpg
    894B49E2-7C31-4FFB-A30F-5F6C259A1274 (resized).jpeg
    CFC653BC-BE65-41BC-BB47-35BA5123694D (resized).jpeg
    45FF08FD-61BF-4034-B9F4-8E98AB6DBAE8.jpeg
    th (resized).jpg
    DBEEF7D0-592E-4F86-B374-46C66F53FF6E.gif
    364D5501-B6F7-4EA0-9A1D-A60783A64514 (resized).jpeg
    58A94CFF-30C0-4512-80C8-6B97CB81545C (resized).jpeg
    41BAAF3A-17BE-4424-8B98-C0DE4B62B123 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3914 (resized).jpg
    207575B7-FD4F-43B9-975F-66CAE059101D (resized).jpeg

There are 618 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 13.
    #1 60 days ago

Just saw official pics

781F04E7-3F57-47CF-8CB6-9F54417EE76F (resized).jpeg
    #2 60 days ago

giphy.gif

#3 60 days ago

Let the bitching begin!

#4 60 days ago

Aw jeez, not this crap again.

#5 60 days ago
    giphy (3) (resized).png
    #6 60 days ago

The Force is wrong with this one.

#7 60 days ago

Yikes. 10k by Christmas?

#8 60 days ago
    394 (resized).jpg
    #9 60 days ago

While I'm certainly not in love with this machine, it at least has the legs outside of the unit - unlike Transformers 'The Pin'. It also has a decent looking translite and a small LED screen in the backbox, so it looks more modern too. Maybe this will bring more folks into the pinball hobby? Or maybe not...

#10 60 days ago

Looks the pro translite, similar if not the same cabinet art as premium(subtle differences), front art almost the same, Death Star toy looks similar if not the same.

Is there anything different?WTF?

#11 60 days ago

Is this tomorrows big announcement?

#12 60 days ago

It's not anything new so I'm not excited.

But I'm happy for anyone looking to get into the hobby and this became their first pin. Good move by Stern tbh.

Even though it leaves me empty inside...

#13 60 days ago

Looks like the ramp on the left goes through the Death Star...I might have to upgrade my pro model....

#14 60 days ago

Stern’s home edition pin is not about growing the market, it’s about designing the next round of cost cutting for the only market.

#15 60 days ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Stern’s home edition pin is not about growing the market, it’s about designing the next round of cost cutting for the only market.

Nah.

#16 60 days ago

Woof

#18 60 days ago

Yikes.

Buying a home version of a machine, to me, is not "getting into the hobby". Spend that $3800 on T2, FT, WCS, RS, JM, JY or something along those lines.

This machine might sell to affluent Star Wars fans, but I have serious doubts whether this will lead more people into pinball.

#19 60 days ago

This is so dumb.

#20 60 days ago

Take my money. I want two of them for my cats.

#21 60 days ago

WHY, WHy, why, would they waste their time on crap like this?

Move along folks, nothing to see here......

#22 60 days ago
    Quoted from Wmsfan:

WHY, WHy, why, would they waste their time on crap like this?
    Move along folks, nothing to see here......

Its such a waste of their resources and talent. Every home pin designed is a real pin that was never created. I feel sorry for anyone that buys this.

#24 60 days ago

bring it.

#25 60 days ago

Anyone who thinks this is the big announcement at Comic-con is pretty short sighted. Tomorrow 9:30AM Pacific Time.

#26 60 days ago

Star Wars home pin WTF!

#27 60 days ago

Since this is "supposed" to be a low cost, high sales game, who's going to be selling it?

If somebody knows different, the dimensions are comparable to a standard machine?

#28 60 days ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Anyone who thinks this is the big announcement at Comic-con is pretty short sighted. Tomorrow 9:30AM Pacific Time.

i'm praying your right!

#29 60 days ago

That lcd just looks weird being so small, they should have just went back to a dmd if they were trying to save a few bucks.

#30 60 days ago

Is this one of those deepfakes they’ve been warning us about?

#31 60 days ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Is this one of those deepfakes they’ve been warning us about?

Oh how I wish that were true...

#32 60 days ago

Who buys home versions for 4k? Honestly, that can’t be worth the trouble for them to make. If you want a crappy 4k stern there’s always a couple of their shit pro titles on CL. (Looking at you Wrestlemania). At least they’re full featured more or less.

#33 60 days ago

LOL!!! I love watching this stuff. Another kick in the junk to the community, and they'll prolly increase the price to like $4500 or so.

#34 60 days ago

A good photo fake gives us either a single image, where we then dispute it is real, or a better deep fake is two examples of said fake... but, alas, when faced with 3 examples of pure evil, one does the only thing they know how. They get up off their asses, they walk over to their full sized, fully featured Stern machine, turn it on, and forget this nightmare even exists.

#35 60 days ago

I know there is always a certain level of complaining when a new pin is revealed. But 100% of this is justified. I am in the market for another pin and was really looking forward to something REAL.

#36 60 days ago

This community sure knows how to throw a temper tantrum.

I'm curious to see how it all works personally. Do you really need a new announcement every month or two to keep you interested? Maybe stop and think about the vicious buying cycle and relax for a moment. Stern will have a new toy for you shortly I'm sure. Jurassic Whatever or some other lunch box.

Meanwhile, here's something slightly different, and instead of anyone being at all curious about how it might work (looks different from the Spider-Man home pin in some ways already) it's just crying and teeth gnashing. Have a little curiosity, and a little patience.

#37 60 days ago
    Quoted from JRay23:

That lcd just looks weird being so small, they should have just went back to a dmd if they were trying to save a few bucks.

DMD actually costs more.

#38 60 days ago

Lol.. o my
    FB_IMG_1563420240618 (resized).jpg

#39 60 days ago

Sad looking pin for 3-4k....

#40 60 days ago

Looks better than the Pro.

#41 60 days ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

This community sure knows how to throw a temper tantrum.
    I'm curious to see how it all works personally. Do you really need a new announcement every month or two to keep you interested? Maybe stop and think about the vicious buying cycle and relax for a moment. Stern will have a new toy for you shortly I'm sure. Jurassic Whatever or some other lunch box.
    Meanwhile, here's something slightly different, and instead of anyone being at all curious about how it might work (looks different from the Spider-Man home pin in some ways already) it's just crying and teeth gnashing. Have a little curiosity, and a little patience.

Yea but not all of us are in the vicious buying cycle. I've only had one pin for quite awhile now and have been interested in some of the rumored themes. For me this is just a massive letdown and I'm ready to buy something.

#42 60 days ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

Lol.. o my
    [quoted image]

That shooter rod though...

#43 60 days ago

Who needs pop bumpers?
    Looks easy to wax.

#44 60 days ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

Lol.. o my
    [quoted image]

#45 60 days ago
    Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Yea but not all of us are in the vicious buying cycle. I've only had one pin for quite awhile now and have been interested in some of the rumored themes. For me this is just a massive letdown and I'm ready to buy something.

So by something. Or wait. A new pin is only new for a couple weeks then it’s just another game. Get something used, it will have finished code and be a better value anyways.

#46 60 days ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Have a little curiosity, and a little patience.

Quit acting like the Pope or something, you know it’ll suck. Release your id

#47 60 days ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

So by something. Or wait. A new pin is only new for a couple weeks then it’s just another game. Get something used, it will have finished code and be a better value anyways.

All good points. But I was looking forward to something new being announced, just very disappointed, nothing wrong with that.

#48 60 days ago

Corrects a number of issues that made the Spider-Man home (and The Pin before it) look so bad:

Actual plunger
    Coin Door
    Legs outside the cabinet
    No speaker on your right gonad
    Proper sized and proportioned head

The small LCD makes sense too as it's proportional to the original, just smaller. The overall look is pretty professional. It appears to be a full-size pinball machine, and that's been the main obstacle no home game has overcome yet. I love the look of the head reminds me of a System 9 game.

Depending on price they could sell some.

#49 60 days ago

Look fun to me!

#50 60 days ago

A game this stripped down would to me serve no purpose other than to compel a prospective buyer to "upgrade" to a proper pinball. All a distro would have to do is set one of these up in his showroom and shoppers would know from a ball or two that a proper PRO is where worthwhile pinballs begin, etc.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 35.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 53.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Electronics
    TheDudeMods
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 1,200.00
    $ 157.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    RGP Models
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 117.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Ghostbusters Pro Out of stock
    Operation Pinball
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    £ 80.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 249.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 12.99
    Cabinet - Other
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 221.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    There are 618 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 13.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside