(Topic ID: 114469)

Sterns FB says new game being announced

By DCfoodfreak

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2820f2.jpg
    WWF-Hasbro-Lot-Ebay-003_1277147895.jpg
    Pre276B.jpg
    latest.jpeg
    isdp.jpg
    iron_maiden_piramida_pharaohs_history_egypt_3396_1920x1080.jpg
    images.jpg
    suatmm.png
    KISS20Pinball20(2000)639_f.jpg
    !!!3-818.jpg
    hints.jpg
    high-kick_684628n.jpg
    gone_fishing.jpg
    jaws1.jpg
    image-453.jpg
    There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 9 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Sterns announcing earlier than usual to steal mmr th money also both jjp and pps will announce new titles next month.

??? Where do you get that JJP is announcing next month? Highly doubtful.

#52 9 years ago

latest.jpeglatest.jpeg

#53 9 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

The guys hat. Claro Sports
    Imagine Family Guy/Shrek, Nascar/Grand Prix and now WWE/Lucha Libre
    Of course I'm speculating, but that would be good marketing. I just thought this up.

high-kick_684628n.jpg 38 KB

this guy ALWAYS knows what is up if you are all paying attention!!!

#54 9 years ago
    Quoted from teekee:

Why not just get an HUO MMr down the road and save some cash? Let someone else take the hit. Or maybe you won't even want it after its been out for a while…

This does make a lot of sense from where I am standing. In addition to all the other MMr "issues", I am dealing with the worst Canadian dollar exchange in 5 years. Giving up NIB could save me thousands in the long wrong OR save me from making a major mistake if these start coming off the line and exploding in people's homes.

Sorry to the OP but this is not off topic. The fact that Stern can announce a machine and an exact date when it will be available now has value to someone going through the MMr waiting/issue game.

#55 9 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

It's Tron Premium VE.

I wouldn't dismiss something like this. A VE makes perfect since. It's been a while since the IMVE now. And a brand new title so close to TWD would be unprecedented for Stern.

#56 9 years ago

Soon a Stern pin that won't be Iron Maiden will be released, leading to another 6 months of speculation about Iron Maiden.

It's like Walking Dead all over again!

#57 9 years ago

I don't know why everyone thinks it's early considering wasn't The Walking Dead announced September 9, 2014 ? To me that seems like a while ago.

#58 9 years ago

oooh wwf pin!

Pre276B.jpgPre276B.jpg

#59 9 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Soon a Stern pin that won't be Iron Maiden will be released, leading to another 6 months of speculation about Iron Maiden.

But Ben, you don't know that it won't be Maiden.

See you again in six months, potentially!

#60 9 years ago
    Quoted from BloodyCactus:

oooh wwf pin!

Pre276B.jpg 230 KB

No it's Wrestlemania!

#61 9 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

I don't know why everyone thinks it's early considering wasn't The Walking Dead announced September 9, 2014 ? To me that seems like a while ago.

Release parties for Walking Dead were right around Halloween. Only a little over 2 months ago. Just feels quick is all, reality or not.

#62 9 years ago

Hooray! I just saved money!

#63 9 years ago

Hmm, the WWE. I guess some people like that. Interesting choice.

#64 9 years ago

Looks like pro has led boards. No more changing bulbs.

#65 9 years ago

Not buying, but can't wait to play it.

#66 9 years ago

If that is what they bring in the year of everything under the sun being put out then they really have no clue. Jesus crust what a fail. Who wants a wrestling pin???

#67 9 years ago

Hmm, wrestling. I've been to Monday Night Raw in person before, but not really a wrestling fan. I'll be interested to see the playfield layout.

#68 9 years ago

Looks like upper Playfield in back shaped diamond - cut out area.

#69 9 years ago

I also see the word "Lima", which would mean Lunging Into My Account!

#70 9 years ago

Damn I got excited when I saw the bottom of the playfield and looked like a shark fin I was like hell yeah !!! Guys Wrestling other guys.... no thanks.

#71 9 years ago

Passs
    Thanks Gary, I can now save my cash!

#72 9 years ago

Yawnfest. Movin' on.

Btw, Jaws was heard out, thought about, and summarily dismissed. It ain't happening, at least not from Stern.

#73 9 years ago

Wow, that blows. Yuck

#74 9 years ago

Awful theme if true. Saves me money though and don't have to worry about freeing up any room right away.

#75 9 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

See you in six months, Ben!

#76 9 years ago

Yeah, we all know that a great theme automatically means a great pin…

#77 9 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

If that is what they bring in the year of everything under the sun being put out then they really have no clue. Jesus crust what a fail. Who wants a wrestling pin???

The last one was a closeout super buy when all the pins were selling well. It was a dud then and probably so now but at 1600 new in box with shaker motor and a tacky belt topper it was an ok earner. People complained about the back glass having wrestlers who had left WWF for the rival group. Locations also complained about the noise it would make and anyone who plays it knows what I am talking about.

#78 9 years ago

Judging from that photo the upper playfield is likely a "ring"

#79 9 years ago

Mustang and now this one.

It will be a total BOMB!

My theory is first Mustang and now this one, both properties must be subsidizing these obvious failures at the pinhead level for some kind of "marketing" exposure.

#80 9 years ago

wrastlin" pin, I am out completely...Geeeessshhh!!!

#81 9 years ago
    Quoted from teekee:

Yeah, we all know that a great theme automatically means a great pin…

In a HUO environment, theme is crucial. Owners gotta stare at it in his/her home.

Best playing pin is useless without player excited about it.

#82 9 years ago

Z Nation, They just changed the art a little........

#83 9 years ago

Wonder if there is room for these?
    WWF-Hasbro-Lot-Ebay-003_1277147895.jpgWWF-Hasbro-Lot-Ebay-003_1277147895.jpg

#84 9 years ago

Poor Trudeau keeps getting stuck with the crappy themes. In fairness though, that is sort of his specialty.

#85 9 years ago

Oh yuck Wrestlemania!!?? Seriously. Guess I am sticking with MMr

#86 9 years ago

While this theme is horrible IMO, looks like there's a lot going on

#87 9 years ago

Watcha gonna do! When the Hulkster demands $8000 from you!!!!

#88 9 years ago

Not what I was expecting, but am interested to see what the play field looks like. I don't think it's a bad choice given how many fans are out there of wrestling. McMahon has created a mini empire with his own channel, PPV, live events and cross over of many of those stars into man stream movies.

I just hope somehow there's a tip of the hat to WWE HOF wrestlers that you can play in Wrestlemania. Not a dream theme, but color me interested.

#89 9 years ago

Those TronLEs that have been for sale are looking sweeter by the minute.

#90 9 years ago

Backglass with a bunch of naked guys on it? Is Gary going a bit weird? Perhaps the future of pinball is in jeopardy. I agree that this is probably similar to the Mustang pin... A marketing/advertising ploy paid for in part by the franchise itself. Probably a much better model for Stern than having to pay royalties to use a licensed franchise. Like the people who pay $40 to advertise for Nike by buying a hat or shirt, people will still buy. Stern is starting to smell like the guys on that backglass IMHO

#91 9 years ago

Interesting. Hope the game is fun.

#92 9 years ago
    Quoted from kpull:

Wonder if there is room for these?

WWF-Hasbro-Lot-Ebay-003_12771478... 31 KB

My 3 1/2 year old son was playing with my old Hulkster, Macho Man, and Rick Rude figures from that same set at my parents place the other day.

#93 9 years ago

So is this a remake or a sequel?
    2820f2.jpg2820f2.jpg

#94 9 years ago

IF true......

Boooooooo, Booooo Wendy......

A new SP would be a huge hit... WWE??...WTF!!!

Booooo Wendy Testeburger.... IF True

#95 9 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

??? Where do you get that JJP is announcing next month? Highly doubtful.

Was in another thread it was to be around vday

#96 9 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Yawnfest. Movin' on.
    Btw, Jaws was heard out, thought about, and summarily dismissed. It ain't happening, at least not from Stern.

So they won't make Jaws, but they have no problem kicking out boat anchors... go figure.

#97 9 years ago
    Quoted from starfighter:

So they won't make Jaws, but they have no problem kicking out boat anchors... go figure.

Different target markets. Wrestlemania is targeting OPs. Jaws would be targeting Collectors & Individual pin owners.

#98 9 years ago
    Quoted from Razorbak86:

Different target markets. Wrestlemania is targeting OPs. Jaws would be targeting Collectors & Individual pin owners.

Yeah, this new pin's home is probably in a bar.

I initially threw up a little in my mouth when the theme was revealed, but you know, it might be pretty fun -- at the bar -- drunk -- yes, drunk would be a must, but still, probably fun for a few games.

#99 9 years ago
    Quoted from retro_p:

Yeah, this new pin's home is probably in a bar.
    I initially threw up a little in my mouth when the theme was revealed, but you know, it might be pretty fun -- at the bar -- drunk -- yes, drunk would be a must, but still, probably fun for a few games.

I played a Royal Rumble on location at Nickel City Arcade in San Diego a few months ago.

#100 9 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

There is exactly one way to stop all that speculation for good.. just sayin.

There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-fb-says-new-game-being-announced/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.