Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 138 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by vid1900
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

best-social-media-marketing-network-B2C-may-2014.png
    Facebook-Twitter.jpg
    Facebookusers.png
    fb_q4_2013_monthly.png
    likes increase2.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dantebean.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 9 years ago

Anyone know if the Stern Facebook admins are inhouse or hired out? Not trying to place blame but just wanting to understand where this could be coming from.

#36 9 years ago
    Quoted from NJGecko:

Regardless of whether it's internal or external, they take direction from Stern.

If it's sourced out maybe Stern wrongfully checked the box "boot anyone that questions us."
    - said for humor

I know a lot of people who source out marketing to agencies and are clueless until a huge backlash happens. Due to the small and split opinion on this matter, maybe higher ups at Stern doesn't know. Not defending, just wondering.

#43 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Stern is the reason I cancelled my Facebook account.

Stern is the reason I got a Vasectomy. They can't hurt anymore people with their banning.

#71 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Well since we are on the subject I can shed a little light on the purpose.
    Companies use facebook for a variety of reasons and purposes, most often to share updates, news, photos and to sell products. There actually is NO hefty fee, as facebook is 100% free to use for both users and companies alike. There are no memberships, tiers or monthly fees.
    Companies will pay facebook to:
    -Boost their post. This takes a post you made as your page and pushes it out forcefully on people who have liked your page, their friends, or people who meet certain demographic criteria. You can choose the budget on this, as little as $3 or up to $30,000. This method is used to push a particular post, usually one that can make them money.
    -Attract page likes. This creates a basic ad that appears on both news-feed and the sidebar to ask users that fit your programmed demographic data (25-60 year old men who live in the USA and claim to have an interest in pinball for example) and asks them to like your page. Facebook will charge you per click, this cost can vary depending on many factors, but often its .8c to 25c a like.
    The primary goal of a company on facebook is to attract as many page likes as possible.
    The advantage of page likes is the more you have the larger your potential organic audience is. If you have 100,000 page likes and you post HERE IS OUR NEWEST PINBALL then more people will see that message/video/image/link faster than if you had 10,000 or 1,000. And thats the point... to spread information... rapidly.
    I have some clients that make $50,000 a week off of facebook from a single post that is promoted for $100. Yes, it's true and I am not making this up.
    I think Stern has a massive opportunity with Facebook that they are not utilizing. There is a captive audience there of millions... hundreds of millions... ready to be advertised to. Stern is not taking advantage of this to market their products. I think it's a huge opportunity area.
    Thankfully, many people ARE promoting pinball on facebook, namely the many facebook groups, leagues and local gatherings of the IFPA. The community of pinball attracts new players, new players become new owners, new owners become Stern owners...
    Increase people PLAYING pinball and eventually you increase people OWNING pinball.

You're not working for online product sale sites are you? Spamming and asking for "likes" on a product or contest? Your customers are legitimate companies that don't prey on ignorant people to "like" and "share" a contest that doesn't exist to get revenue?

#77 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Online product sale sites? No... not really. Most of my clients have websites... some of them sell things on them (http://www.dallasvintagetoys.com for example) but not going nuts.
    I will occasionally do like/share contests. (https://www.facebook.com/TheSilverSaloon) but when I do, I actually give away tickets/prizes etc.
    Not sure what you are trying to ask... I guess you think that stuff on facebook is fake or something?
    A company spamming on facebook and managing their page effectively is the difference in having a professional like me manage content VS them trying to do it themselves from their cell phone.

Thanks for the answer. "online sale sites" like the fake accounts trying to sell cheep Ray-Bans or Shoes. I've ran 3 business Facebook pages and purchased "sponser" ads. The spam accounts are the new telemarketer in my eyes. Just a sad field of work.

#79 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Oh. lol. I ban those guys any chance I get... most of them are robots running out of india or pakistan.
    My clients are legit and so am I.

I am the founder of the "Midwest Pinball and Arcade Collectors" group on Facebook. Almost 900 members now and we get about 5-10 fake accounts a day. The members flip shit if 1 sneaks through and ruins their day.

#83 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

If stern were to go into their settings and un-ban 100% of users who had ever been facebook banned and simultaneously allow comments by (anyone) to say anything they like outside of profanity, threats and racism: what would happen?
    Lets take it a step further...
    What if at the same time as this, code status for any/all games in the works was said aloud by Stern, videos with gameplay of any game released were put online first before a cell phone in Australia, and Stern also started to have official representation here on Pinside to interact with members?
    What would happen?

I could probably guess what would happen if they had a rep.
    1. Fan boys would give thumbs up to every post
    2. Anti Stern pinsiders will troll them
    3. Hell would freeze over

I would welcome a full HD video produced by Stern 1 week prior to release. It is pretty funny that the first video of THEIR pin is from a cell phone. Hell a short 1 minute teaser trailer (Like Dutch Pinball did for TBL) for an upcoming pin would get the blood boiling a little bit. I'm sorry but a still shot picture of the machine released on Facebook saying "Here it is" is just bland.

#89 9 years ago

Quoted from calvin12:yes, there is a reason, they want their page to be a positive thing for them.

Quoted from FightNightFZ:

I said congratulations and then asked about Wrestlemania LE's release date or at least a time frame...........blocked

I don't see anything negitive here. He may have used the wrong channel to ask a simple question but should not have resulted in a ban. I think that was the main point of this tread. They can do what they want with their page BUT where is the line drawn? Can I ask them "how is your day"? "When is the big move to the new location?"

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dantebean.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-facebook?tu=dantebean and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.