Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 138 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by vid1900
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

best-social-media-marketing-network-B2C-may-2014.png
    Facebook-Twitter.jpg
    Facebookusers.png
    fb_q4_2013_monthly.png
    likes increase2.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 9 years ago
    Quoted from inhomearcades:

Summary: Facebook is a one way communication tool for stern. They are not interested in anyway about your opinion or thoughts when it comes to them being posted on Facebook

It is truly a shame that Stern chooses to use it this way.
    Tons of respectable companies use it as a communication tool.
    Stern really has no dialog with their fan base and seemingly hides their head in the sand.

On the other hand Jersey Jack found out about an error in the Wizard of Oz code that would allow a huge scoring advantage to anyone who used it and had the code fixed and updated in 18 hrs.
    Kudos to JJP.
    Shame to Stern.

#73 9 years ago

Thanks for clearing that up Jared.
    My blood pressure was sky high reading some of the above things that people thought about Facebook.
    As a business owner and Facebook business page operator myself, I would never even consider doing what stern does to its customers. We take the time to thoughtfuly answer any customer concerns.

#75 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

I will just say this openly.
    The beauty of facebook is communication... both from the business to the customers, and from the customers to the business. It's a direct channel to hear feedback and interact with them on a personal level. Feeling like "an insider" for liking a business page is one of the perks a page uses to attract likes in the first place. "As a facebook fan you will be the first to know our exclusive updates and news!" etc.
    I think it's a missed opportunity from Stern to not use facebook anywhere near its full potential. Not only could it make them money and sell games, it could promote the entire hobby of pinball to an international audience. Don't get me wrong: it does already. But I mean it could go from an ember to a full on fire...
    On pages I manage, before I manage them, I explain to the business owners that I believe in open and fluid communication with customers and fans. When a fan comes to a page I manage to voice concern or a problem, I treat them in a way that I want other on-lookers to see. It's an opportunity to show the kind of business you are. I never delete attacks... because if they are unfounded your fellow fans and customers will come to your aid and do the dirty work for you.
    It's 2015, and thanks to social media (pinside included) we are entering into a new age of communication and TRANSPARENCY. Where people see pics instantly of the whole process... where people know whats going on... DAILY... where people are always connected and in the loop.
    Stern allowing things like a random persons cell phone video to be an "first to market" release of a new pinball machine make my eyes twinge. So much missed opportunity.
    All I see with Stern is opportunity.

Thanks so much Jared.
    My brother and I tried so hard to get this point across in the thread about Stern deleting Facebook posts, and so many people just did not get it. And I fear that some still won't. Lol

#80 9 years ago
    Quoted from inhomearcades:

I think everyone gets it. I just don't think that Stern has to allow anything on their page. They have the right to do whatever they want with their page, even if we don't agree with it. Complaining about it doesn't get anyone anywhere.

I agree. Stern can be as stupid as they wish to be.
    And a lot of times complaints get awesome results.
    Thank God everyone is not a Lemming.

#94 9 years ago
    Quoted from calvin12:

a wont be said, b wont be said because if they miss it people will bitch, C is said all the time if you talk to them directly, d is smart for a forum that you are using for positive outward info flow. voice your concerns to them they have a phone, they have email, they are not hard to contact directly.

Well then for Gods sake. Keep posting C all the time and stop pissing off you clients by deleting the entire question.
    These questions are legitimately asked and deserve a polite response.
    Get with the program people.

#121 9 years ago
    Quoted from TOK:

You "understand" the code on Star Trek is being worked on because you read it here, right?
    If Stern knew how to use social media, you'd be reading it there first. They could handle the negatives by being more forthcoming with the positives. The whole thing is mis-managed.

We have a Bingo.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-facebook?tu=arcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.