(Topic ID: 10010)

Stern's 2012 Pin Releases - What's After AC/DC?

By taz

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

lock_stock_and_two_smoking_barrels[1]..jpg
    minorityreport.jpg
    halloween-wallpaper-marvel-zombies-sec.jpg
    avengersassemble_800.jpg
    There are 158 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 11 years ago
    Quoted from Snowdale:

The only reason they did BBH is because the stupid Gun game is in every dive bar. These games that I speak of have depth, story lines, good guys, bad guys, action, adventure. OK, Video game themed Pins have been kinda shitty in the past but look at a game of Assassins Creed compared to pac-man or Mario. Games now are more of a movie than most actual movies.

I think Stern should make a one-off TF 2 just to make you happy.

#102 11 years ago
    Quoted from Snowdale:

The most obvious of themes, and its not just one, is video games. Halo, MK, GTA, GEARS OF WAR, God of war, Madden, Assassins Creed........ There NEEDS to be a partnership with video game studios. Even more so now with the impending LCD screens.
    And for you guys that don't play video games, its the closest thing to an original theme you'll find. WIN/WIN!!!

I could def. see a Call of Duty Modern Warefare pin...

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #106 11 years ago

I'd be interested in a GTA or Madden pin. (RIP Jr. Seau)

#108 11 years ago

The best selling pins of all time are based on TV shows and movies. I don't think you'll see much movement away from those themes. But I'm ready for something fresh myself, an unlicensed theme perhaps. Or at least a comic book pin based on the books and not the movies.

Unlicensed will never happen with Stern, for that you have to lean extra hard on the game itself and most of their pins, you strip away the license, there isn't much left beyond some great Lyman and Keefer rules. Which is plenty in most cases.

Here's to hoping JJP can shake Stern up enough to increase quality across the board, at least to the level pre-Iron Man. Be really great to have both companies competing and putting forth consistent A-title effort.

#110 11 years ago
    Quoted from jarozi:

Here's to hoping JJP can shake Stern up enough to increase quality across the board, at least to the level pre-Iron Man. Be really great to have both companies competing and putting forth consistent A-title effort.

I believe this is exactly what you are going to see happen. Nothing creates quality products, innovation and creativity more than competition. No competition means means one can be lazy and cut costs . . . you are the only show in town.

Look at wresting in the late 90's . . . great television (well, good television for wrestling) . . . as soon as WCW was gone the then WWF product went to nothing. They didn't need to put on a quality show any longer and they began killing their own industry.

I believe Stern is trying to step up their game currently and we are going to see some really good pins coming from that company moving forward. Tron and AC/DC are really just the start (I hope) as Stern will not quietly surrender the quality arguement to JJP . . . they will at least match it (or try to, they are at a big disadvantage in trying to produce 3-4 pins a year to his 1) once they are able to look at what his final product will be.

This is an exciting time to be into pinball. Competition is great!

#111 11 years ago

Big Buck Hunter Pro 2 for sure.

#112 11 years ago

Surprised nothing has been made official yet.

#113 11 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Surprised nothing has been made official yet.

Could be an indication they think the next pin would hamper the sales of other games currently still in production. Could mean it is either a HUGE license or one that harms one of the specific pins already being made . . .

I like the thought earlier that Resident Evil will be coming out soon.

#114 11 years ago

X-men or avengers?

#115 11 years ago

Again for the umpteenth time.... It's X-Men.

#118 11 years ago

How about an original title?
    I feel stern has done pg-13 Hollywood blockbuster movies and past their prime bands to death.
    Not hating just in the mood for something different from Stern.

#119 11 years ago

I heard it was an original title called "Tilt Warning".

#121 11 years ago

Raven 2

A sequel is long overdue.

#122 11 years ago

Breakin 2: Electric Bugaloo?

#123 11 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

I don't doubt it's X-Men. I want to see some pics. I know it will have 2 ramps, what else. Are they going to do a LCD yet or same old DMD? Is there going to be a pro, premium and LE versions?
    Seems a lot more info about AC/DC was released but they are being ultra secretive about this one.

#124 11 years ago

How long after one game is released does it normally take for Stern to announce their next game title?

#125 11 years ago

I think this one is still a DMD but I could be wrong. Two ramps and three flippers from the sounds of it

#126 11 years ago

Futurama....5th Element.

#127 11 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Seems a lot more info about AC/DC was released but they are being ultra secretive about this one.

That's because it'll blow ACDC away... no use cutting into current sales

#128 11 years ago

Because you don't talk about Xmen during the Avengers film release.

#130 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Because you don't talk about Xmen during the Avengers film release.

Everyone keeps saying XMen or Avengers but there has been nothing tangible confirmed as best I can tell. If they are going to wait till Avengers leaves the theaters to announce XMen . . . that could be a looooong time from now . . . that would mean there would be another pin in the middle possible (if Stern follows its normal pattern).

I personally think Stern has something big planned for the next release. We all see they are trying to up the quality of their pins (competition is good at forcing venders to improve products...Stern is not going to surrender the high quality lable to JJP so we can expect some good stuff out of Stern moving forward). The hold up in the announcement may be that Stern is trying to square away a unique toy or the LCD or whatever . . . not an issue with a license.

Who can say, I could see many different reasons for the hold off on announcing.

#132 11 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Are you sure?

Everything I have heard for months and months says Avengers. Is X-Men a classic red herring??

#133 11 years ago

Some are in the know, others just say no! It's X-men

#134 11 years ago

i would love to see a NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS pinball....

great music by danny elfman, cool characters, maybe a OOGIE BOOGIE multi ball would be cool? or a lock, stock, and barrel mode?

since i do have 2 little ones i would def be down to buy a more kid friendly disney theme like nightmare or maybe even a toy story pin too

#135 11 years ago
    Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

i would love to see a NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS pinball....
    great music by danny elfman, cool characters, maybe a OOGIE BOOGIE multi ball would be cool? or a lock, stock, and barrel mode?
    since i do have 2 little ones i would def be down to buy a more kid friendly disney theme like nightmare or maybe even a toy story pin too

suggest Shrek. No really i do.

#136 11 years ago

or a lock, stock, and barrel mode?

or maybe 2 smoking barrels?? Sounds like a good retheme for WPT or Jokerz!.

lock_stock_and_two_smoking_barrels[1]..jpglock_stock_and_two_smoking_barrels[1]..jpg

#137 11 years ago

hahaha.... i love that movie. nothing gets by the pinsiders what i meant to say was lock, shock, and barrel. i think thats right? i could be wrong.

Quoted from Blakesell:

or a lock, stock, and barrel mode?
    or maybe 2 smoking barrels?? Sounds like a good retheme for WPT or Jokerz!.

Attachments lock_stock_and_two_smoking_barrels[1]..jpg (82.9 KB, 0 downloads) 7 minutes old

#138 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

suggest Shrek. No really i do.

There already is a Shrek pinball.

#139 11 years ago

I think he meant for the family friendly theme as guy above him was saying he wanted a more kid friendly theme for the next pin, as opposed to things like zombies or politicians, which are kind of one and the same.

#140 11 years ago

I'd be hesitant to buy Stern's first LCD pin...

#141 11 years ago
    Quoted from Blakesell:

I think he meant for the family friendly theme as guy above him was saying he wanted a more kid friendly theme for the next pin, as opposed to things like zombies or politicians, which are kind of one and the same.

WOZ would be good then.

#142 11 years ago

X

#143 11 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Are you sure? Everything I have heard for months and months says Avengers. Is X-Men a classic red herring??

In my time here I have never seen mnpinball be wrong about an upcoming Stern release. I guess there is a first for everything but I tend to give mnpinball the benefit of the doubt considering the excellent track record.

#144 11 years ago

If it's not Avengers now, then it will be one of the next ones. Come on, do you think Stern will pass up to make that many LE's? Iron man LE, Cap. america LE, Thor LE, Hulk LE, and so on, each with it's own color match up!

#145 11 years ago

I would love an Avengers pin. But, if it happens, I hope it is a couple titles away, cuz I'm tapped right now. Saw the movie last night and it was sweet.

#146 11 years ago

Bond. James Bond.

#147 11 years ago

Portal.

#148 11 years ago

I would love an x-men, maybe they can do it with comic art and not stuff from the films, that would be completely bad ass

#149 11 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

In my time here I have never seen mnpinball be wrong about an upcoming Stern release.

+1

#150 11 years ago

I've heard on good authority that it is in fact going to be X-MEN. If that's some sort of smoke-screen, only Gary can say for certain?

There are 158 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-2012-pin-releases-whats-after-acdc/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.