Linked Games

• Nugent Stern Electronics, 1978

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SelfTestMode1.jpg
#1 8 years ago

can anyone help out need a schematic for nugent ,would be appreciated

#2 8 years ago

You can use a similar game schematic if all else fails. Most stuff matches up. The lamp, switches, and solenoids will be different, but you can figure it out with the wire color codes.

#3 8 years ago

It would b nice to have a copy of the
Nugent one

#4 8 years ago

Did You try ipdb.org ? G.L. Joe

#5 8 years ago

yea i have tried ipdb they only have the manual not the schematic

#7 8 years ago

If anyone has it, I can properly scan to a high quality PDF and return the originals. I am all for getting the info available.

OP if you are in a pinch to figure something out, I can probably help.

#8 8 years ago

the machine is working 100% its just good to have one ready , i have others that are close to nugent ,but not the same

#9 8 years ago

thanks barakandl for helping, I thought there would be a lot more help on this site

9 months later
#11 8 years ago

Did you ever find Your Nugent Schematic... Im stumped with a problem and I need one too.

#12 8 years ago

PBResource has schematics for most games. I'm surprised at how many they have.

#13 8 years ago

look through the other mpu100 games they are all much the same and some have schematics

#14 8 years ago

game never worked ...Just installed Alltek boards .. One drop target switch wont work , one rollover wont work .and a single target wont work .. All Diodes and switches ok
Game wont start coin lock-out energized ...
Thought a schematic would help .

#15 8 years ago

schematic will tell you the same thing i will .. repin the connectors on the plugs that go to the mpu

#16 8 years ago

i never bought one i just looked at other schematics around the same year to nugent , most of the problems i have had on nugent is the header pins and connector pins. With the game not starting do you get the score lights on .

#17 8 years ago

All switches now work. I replaced J2 connectors on all switch strobe connections... Test now works ok .
only problem now is game wont work. when it comes up, lights on the playfield appear normal some blink some dont ,
I only have one score display and the test works all segments and numbers... still waiting on 4 more but the one i have is installed in the player one location.
Ball in play lamp is lit, Game over is lit. high game to date is blinking, and the player one score is blinking.

Coin lockout is energized.

#18 8 years ago

I used to have a Stern Nugent and the manual I had didn't have any schematics in it.

This question has been asked many times before in the past.

#19 8 years ago

they were not stapled to the manual so they got separated.

We do have a set here but the pile in the queue for the scanner is already pretty high.. eventually i will scan and put on ipdb

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

We do have a set here but the pile in the queue for the scanner is already pretty high.. eventually i will scan and put on ipdb

. thats good

2 years later
#21 5 years ago

Hi, I have the manual for Nugent but I cant find how to run the self test. Is there a source on the net that would assist?
Thanks in advance

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from wheels08:

I have the manual for Nugent but I cant find how to run the self test. Is there a source on the net that would assist?

It's on PinWiki:
http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Bally/Stern#Accessing_Bookkeeping_and_Diagnostic_Modes

Refer to the Nugent manual for its specific switch and solenoid identification numbers.
Sounds are tested as part of the solenoid test (numbers 01 through 06).

From a Bally manual which is the same as the early Sterns:

SelfTestMode1.jpgSelfTestMode1.jpg

2 months later
#23 5 years ago

There is a button on the door press it that will take you into test mode.

#24 5 years ago

I have a schematic for Nugent if anyone needs one

1 month later
#25 4 years ago
Quoted from Brypten:

I have a schematic for Nugent if anyone needs one

Hi, I'd love a copy please, but I'm in Australia, any chance of a pdf?

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from wheels08:

Hi, I'd love a copy please, but I'm in Australia, any chance of a pdf?

PM sent

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 69.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sternnugentschematic-needed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.