Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by lowepg
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Open Request to Stern,

At these prices I think your premium and LE models should have factory installed protectors (Cliffy's). At a minimum, could you provide playfields to Cliff Rinear as soon as they are available so we can have them to install day 1, or soon after. At 6-7k prices, I think most folks would want these on prior to putting much or ideally any play on their new machines.

Thanks in advance.

#2 11 years ago

Have you talked to anyone at Stern about it ?

They might consider it if the interest is there. They keep trying to do things better, like protecting the leg/cabinet area better.

LTG : )

#3 11 years ago

I think this is the first thread I've seen requesting that Stern add value instead of lower prices. I think this particular request is more than reasonable.

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from Billmelater:

Open Request to Stern,
    At these prices I think your premium and LE models should have factory installed protectors (Cliffy's). At a minimum, could you provide playfields to Cliff Rinear as soon as they are available so we can have them to install day 1, or soon after. At 6-7k prices, I think most folks would want these on prior to putting much or ideally any play on their new machines.
    Thanks in advance.

Great idea, but don't limit to just them. JJP as well. Good post. I'd buy them prior to the delivery of a NIB pin.

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from Billmelater:

Open Request to Stern,
    Thanks in advance.

+1

#6 11 years ago

Anyone ask Cliffy if he'd be up for such a thing??

#7 11 years ago

He said he needs a MOPle to start the conversation.

#8 11 years ago

Could he handle the demand??

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from Billmelater:

At these prices I think your premium and LE models should have factory installed protectors

They do. Just about all ramps entrances get protectors now. Even the pros. It also appears that they have stopped putting art on the playfield between the trough and the shooter lane.

I doubt they will do scoop protectors as they affect gameplay much more than other protectors. If a designer were to design a scoop to have a factory protector, accounting for it in the design, I could see it happening that way. Otherwise, I don't want one. I prefer to play the game as closely to what the designer intended as possible.

#10 11 years ago

SkitB should be doing this too, I think they would be more receptive to the idea than stern.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Have you talked to anyone at Stern about it ?
    They might consider it if the interest is there. They keep trying to do things better, like protecting the leg/cabinet area better.

I was going to email a few of them and throw it out there, it would be a faily inexpensive and easy way to add value.

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

They do. Just about all ramps entrances get protectors now. Even the pros. It also appears that they have stopped putting art on the playfield between the trough and the shooter lane.
    I doubt they will do scoop protectors as they affect gameplay much more than other protectors. If a designer were to design a scoop to have a factory protector, accounting for it in the design, I could see it happening that way. Otherwise, I don't want one. I prefer to play the game as closely to what the designer intended as possible.

You are correct, they add some but not enough (I recall buying ramp protectors for IM, SM and Tron as well as scoop protectors or saucer protectors, etc.). I imagine most would want that and with the way Cliffy designs his scoop protectors (with niche cut out or not) everyone could determine what level of protection they want.

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from Billmelater:

I was going to email a few of them and throw it out there, it would be a faily inexpensive and easy way to add value.

Call them. If nothing else call tech support. 1-800-kickers.

#15 11 years ago

I'd be afraid they'd put cliffy out of business...

If every new pin shipped with protectors? And would Stern need to buy them from Cliffy? Are they patented?

If not, its a tiny piece of shaped metal... very easy for Stern to mass produce for next to nothing...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterncan-you-help-a-brother-out and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.