IMG_2459 (resized).PNG
79564B04-9FCB-449B-A9CC-9ACC856AF7D4 (resized).jpeg
DBF6BA2D-D6FE-40A4-A5AB-1000BF0BD5CC (resized).jpeg
9E2F785C-7598-4B6C-AB31-62CA20385BFD (resized).png
IMG_0196.jpg
8798B930-E817-4016-98BD-943818A859ED (resized).jpeg
483BF004-36B4-4DE9-BCFF-F735CEC982C8 (resized).png
2EED3AC3-A4C2-4554-B44C-B657A34EBCD3 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider normscoffee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#78 6 years ago

I'm 99% sure I'll be getting one when they release. I know it won't be everyone's cup of tea but I enjoy the brand and think a Supreme Pinball looks awesome.

#80 6 years ago

It is possible to be into pinball and streetwear at the same time. I own several pins, suck at all of them but love them while I also wear my Yeezys and Off white shirts.

It's not as if they are diametrically opposed markets, just not ones with a great deal of overlap. Just my .02

#85 6 years ago

Aurich, I respect your opinion and simply disagree. We all wear things that signal our various interests. That is why you can always see people wearing PAPA shirts at tournaments, etc. They want to signal they like pinball. I am not sure why someone buying a 1K brick is inherently more douchey (your words) than someone who spends 15K on a Batman Super LE. The both artificially limit supply, increase demand and charge a huge markup. I don't think people who want the limited edition of games are douches (again, your word choice).

#93 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

15 bricks for a BM66 doesnt sound douchey?

I wouldn't pay 1k for a Supreme brick but I don't think there's anything inherently more douchey about preferring a limited brick due to name brand over 15,000 dollars for a limited edition game. It's just people having different hobbies and I don't care to judge people for preferring one over the other as it's their money and they can spend it as they see fit.

Edit: typo

#94 6 years ago

Also, it looks like bricks aren't anywhere near 1,000 currently. It looks like they go for around 120 dollars. Still wouldn't pay that for the brick but it's a collectors item.

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I like your example, I feel the same way about anyone buying a Supreme brick as I do a Super LE. Your money, waste it however you like. At least Supreme didn't make the people who wanted a brick fill out an application to see if they were worthy.

I completely forgot about the application.

If I end up being able to get one of the Supreme Pinballs your'e welcome to play it anytime. It was good chatting with you.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#105 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Not a very good analogy Norm (NORM!). Sure the Super LE was douchey but you can actually play and enjoy it. A brick? You can,...well...lay it,...or,....smack yer buddy that bought it across his milquetoast, smarmy face...that's about it.
Good on Stern though. Smart marketing for sure.

Do you think people who spend money on artwork are "douches" (again not my phrasing)?

#110 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

takes thought, and a skill set. Stamping a brick with a logo requires neither. Not trying to spar with ya, I love SC.

Quoted from Gryszzz:

Better analogy. But art takes thought, and a skill set. Stamping a brick with a logo requires neither. Not trying to spar with ya, I love SC.
But I know posers when I see them.

I took no offense to your comments. Just because we don't appreciate the art or collectibility of an item doesn't mean that we should diminish those that enjoy it. Clearly, many people, myself included, like streetwear including Supreme, Bape, Yeezys, etc. I also happen to enjoy pinball. I am very excited that these two world are combining and I hope you be able to get one of these machines.

While you may not think any thought goes into the bricks, hoodies, etc. I can guarantee you that that is incorrect. Supreme's business and marketing model are well thought out which is why they have been so successful.

PS Any time you are in Charleston, feel free to hit me up if you want to play some pinball. I have a lot of my games on location and some at my home.

#151 6 years ago
Quoted from nik2000:

more pictures for those that are interested (along with pictures of supremes latest fashion offerings)
http://www.supremenewyork.com/previews/springsummer2018/accessories/supreme-stern-pinball-machine

I'm surprised that they put it first in the series. This is going to instantly sell out. They did Rolexes a few years ago and they sold out within five minutes.

I wonder what day they'll release.

#185 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Frankly, you can be worried about the inclusiveness towards people that are blindly suckered into INHERENTLY EXCLUSIVE items. I don't care. I don't have to like people buying into this garbage any more than I like flippers scoring every damn decent project within 500 miles of me. There's nothing 'inclusive' about this brand. It's entire premise is based on the concept of exclusion via fake limited availability. I see no reason to welcome that into any part of my life, pinball or not.

I assume you boycott and chastise people who either make or purchase LE games then, is that correct? Or is some exclusivity "via fake limited availability" acceptable as long as you enjoy the product?

1 week later
#442 6 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Latest word is 100 machines @ 10k each

If that's true, I'm definitely going to get one. That's WAY less than I thought it would cost.

#453 6 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

10k might sound like a deal for a product labled with Supreme branding; but under any other circumstance would you pay 10k for a Spider-Man home Pin without artwork, without themed sounds and call outs, but placed in a full sized cabinet?
Under any other circumstance would you pay double for an inferior product? Spider-Man home is less of a pin then any current Pro model available, yet the price is double. ....and your ok with that....
Would you consider buying a Dodge Caliber for the price of a charger hellcat if I give it a new paint job? Because if so, have I got a deal for you.

Theme matters. I like Supreme and think it will look awesome in my home. There's a reason themed games sell better. People like to play what they're interested in and share that with others.

I have a Star Wars LE not because it is the greatest game ever made (that would be Twilight Zone, imo) but because I love the movies and enjoy sharing that passion with others.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
58,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider normscoffee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-x-supreme-new-machine?tu=normscoffee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.