IMG_2459 (resized).PNG
79564B04-9FCB-449B-A9CC-9ACC856AF7D4 (resized).jpeg
DBF6BA2D-D6FE-40A4-A5AB-1000BF0BD5CC (resized).jpeg
9E2F785C-7598-4B6C-AB31-62CA20385BFD (resized).png
IMG_0196.jpg
8798B930-E817-4016-98BD-943818A859ED (resized).jpeg
483BF004-36B4-4DE9-BCFF-F735CEC982C8 (resized).png
2EED3AC3-A4C2-4554-B44C-B657A34EBCD3 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luckydogg420.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#119 6 years ago

This is like game app development. You don’t need a million people to spend $1 on in game purchases. You just need a hand full of stupid rich people to dump boat loads of cash into it. Their called whales.

Sounds like the supreme brand is whale hunting.....and succeeding.

#282 6 years ago

The good news is that in 20 years when the fad that is Supreme has passed; These machines will be cheap as hell on the resale market. It’s like Elvis merchandise, the value will rise until everyone collecting them moves on to something else, no one will be left who cares about the brand and the products will drop in price. No one into long term pinball collecting will give a damn about an all red and white game.

Also, I’d assume that for every million views this machine’s video gets, its probably 99% normal people watching in awe of what the brand has marketed this time. 0.9% that are fanboys that look and dream of one day being able to afford one, the next 0.09% will actually have the wealth to afford one, but it’s way easier to get $500 from dad for a hoodie then it is to get $10 000 from dad for a huge pinball machine. So their marketing to 0.01% of their audience. The ones with more money then brains.

#315 6 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

So kind of like in 20 years when the fad of pinball passes and your entire collection is worthless?

Only game I own is GoT, and I didn’t buy a NIB game because I was concerned about resale value, I bought it because it’s a keeper.

The pinheads that add this to their collection probably won’t be selling it anytime soon. But I bet the Supreme fanboys that buy it “just cause” will sell first.

#363 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

the new "Hitler"

Where’s that hitler yelling video meme about this pin? I’m sure something funny could come out of this mess

#378 6 years ago

I really hope a few more people who have never heard of supreme can make a few more jokes using the word ‘supreme’...

I’m curious how many Supreme products you’ve bought?

#408 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I'm new to 'Supreme' and can't quite believe they sell a paintjob of Sterns cheapest title for the price of a Ferrari.

Ya this is unbelievable to me. It’s not even a rebranding of a great game. This is literally the cheapest stern model pin with a new coat of paint and priced as the most expensive. (Presumably)

If Supreme customers are to blind to notice that their buying inferior products at a premium, then they have more money then brains and should be separated from that money.

#438 6 years ago

Been around since 1994 and is bigger than all pinball companies combined.

How is this supposed to mean anything?

Sears, Kodak, blockbuster...... all failed businesses that were bigger then all pinball companies combined.

Tell me what their unique company saving product is again; because rebranding already available crap will only get you so far. Sooner or later they’ll actually have to contribute to succeed. Eventually customers will become bored of their brand and that is literally all that they are. Just a brand, just a name and a logo. Nothing unique.

#445 6 years ago
Quoted from Normscoffee:

If that's true, I'm definitely going to get one. That's WAY less than I thought it would cost.

10k might sound like a deal for a product labled with Supreme branding; but under any other circumstance would you pay 10k for a Spider-Man home Pin without artwork, without themed sounds and call outs, but placed in a full sized cabinet?

Under any other circumstance would you pay double for an inferior product? Spider-Man home is less of a pin then any current Pro model available, yet the price is double. ....and your ok with that....

Would you consider buying a Dodge Caliber for the price of a charger hellcat if I give it a new paint job? Because if so, have I got a deal for you.

#449 6 years ago

Still risky cuz very very limited market and you could end up stuck with it.

That’s why I’m here, I shouldn’t be so bothered by this pin, but friend don’t let friends make poor life choices. That’s a pretty risky flip. This isn’t a 2lb brick it’s a 200lb Pin, and just like the brick to a mason, this pin to a pinhead isn’t worth it.

2 months later
#506 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Not much different than paying more for an LE over a premium, assuming same features.

Have you looked at the feature list? This is not built like an LE game. This is a rebrand of a trimmed down home model. For a LE price.

4 weeks later
#636 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

perhaps this release will bring in some new pin collectors from the Supreme collectors..

I won’t hold my breath until I see a photo of this game in a lineup from a new collector. I imagine that this will be a solo untouched machine for a lot of buyers. Something to sit in the corner and look at.

I wonder if we’ll ever see a “only 600 plays, rare machine” sales thread in the future

2 months later
#677 5 years ago

66A697C4-831B-46BA-8A81-6795ABD7AC58 (resized).jpeg66A697C4-831B-46BA-8A81-6795ABD7AC58 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#681 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

If you removed all the Supreme hype, the price discussion etc etc... I think any pinball player stepping up to this machine would have a BLAST.

No one doubts that it’s a fun game. I haven’t played one, but by watching the videos it looks like a great layout. I like the simple sounds and dots.

But, the theme and price are the talking points to an outsider looking in. Hopefully stern continues making simple straightforward pins, but at a more palatable price

1 year later
#705 3 years ago

More about Supreme as a company

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luckydogg420.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-x-supreme-new-machine?tu=luckydogg420 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.