IMG_2459 (resized).PNG
79564B04-9FCB-449B-A9CC-9ACC856AF7D4 (resized).jpeg
DBF6BA2D-D6FE-40A4-A5AB-1000BF0BD5CC (resized).jpeg
9E2F785C-7598-4B6C-AB31-62CA20385BFD (resized).png
IMG_0196.jpg
8798B930-E817-4016-98BD-943818A859ED (resized).jpeg
483BF004-36B4-4DE9-BCFF-F735CEC982C8 (resized).png
2EED3AC3-A4C2-4554-B44C-B657A34EBCD3 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joe_blasi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#390 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Wal-Mart probably wouldn't want to put a pinball machine in each of their lobbies. They'd take up valuable space, they'd be a maintenance nightmare like all pinball, and they'd likely lose money on each machine. And most importantly, people who are playing pinball aren't shopping.

wal-marts did have pinball's on coin play back in the 90's I don't think they owned them.

#391 6 years ago

Why does this just have an DMD? and it looks like an white wood with an logo slapped on it. Also an basic playfield as well.

1 week later
#459 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

If a third party wants a custom pinball machine Stern Always reskins a machine.
Can't they make a new playfield design for that price.

there is also the time needed to do a new playfield vs just an reskin

#460 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I wonder why Jersey Jack wasn't approached for a custom Pin? Or, if they were, why didn't they quote it?

they don't have the room / time for it? Over the past fee years they have been at 1 game a year.

3 weeks later
#482 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

What are the callouts going to be?
I'd set it on location. 3 plays for $900.

I don't think it can go that high. Unless you rig an DBA for 100's only and set it to 1 pulse for 100

2 months later
#519 5 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Pardon if this has already been posted...
ebay.com link » Supreme Stern Pinball Machine Autocheckout Extremely Limited 200 Pieces Ss18
Only $7950 to buy a potential opportunity to buy a Supreme Stern. Duh huh huh.

dam ebay scammers. Some of them rip people off with the pictures of an phone scam as well.

But ticket bots are bad.

#525 5 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Very frustrating. I’m not sure why supreme doesn’t try to stop bots. Maybe it adds to making items harder to buy thus increasing hype.

ticketmaster and others only wants the $ they don't give a dam about fans.

#579 5 years ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

Yeah that shipping cost for sending digital photos via email is killer lol
What a bunch of twats.

People pull that scam with phones.

#587 5 years ago
Quoted from chippe01:

I'm sure it's the same rules as Spider-Man (Home Edition).
Drop the targets, hit the target behind the drops 3X for multiball, 1 mode completed. Hit 6 side targets and/or big target behind the ball trap to light a mode. Complete the loop/ramps/spinner 3X each way to complete that mode. Complete all modes and earn Wizard multiball for 60 seconds. Complete 3 top lanes to light double scoring, complete inlanes and outlanes to increase bonus multiplier (2X, 3X, 5X, 7X, 8X, 10X). Flippers for lane change, complete 2 modes to light extra ball, hit big target behind ball trap (Rescue MJ target ) to earn extra ball. Trap and release ball for multiball, hit big target during this multiball to add a ball.
In Spiderman Home, the "modes" I mentioned are the Villains. I'm curious as to what they are called here.
I can't see why they would have coded new rules for the same table layout.

Spiderman Home has an lcd supreme just has an DMD.

#590 5 years ago
Quoted from chippe01:

That wouldn’t affect the rules. Maybe different coding for the different display and visuals.

unless it's on a differnt hardware system. Say spike 1 vs spike 2.

1 week later
#608 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Really? Man I guess from far away pics it looks like a dmd.
I assume they were smart and made the new spike capable of outputting video like lcd and a dmd to help future proof.

can an spike v2 board run spike v1 games?

#612 5 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Urban necessities in Vegas just got one and set it up today. They just moved into the fashion mall. It’s all over their ig. Pretty good exposure. They running daily and monthly tournaments too. Pretty cool.

Store credit only? Any way to use that Store credit on pinball?

#616 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I’m not sure, I can only assume yes.
I think the spike in the transformers home was different than the spike used on the pro line. And then they even went from that spike to a new version currently used. I would suspect they keep the platform pretty flexible so they can do things like home models, main line units and these one offs for contract manufacture. It would make sense at least, support dmd and lcd etc

but I can see room for an spike CR (cost reduced) or spike light. For some things.

2 months later
#665 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I think the machine is a ton of fun. I didn’t buy it to flip it. I didn’t buy it to show how much money I have to burn etc. I bought it because I thought it was cool, and I wanted it. My kid is a sneaker head, and so our two hobbies met at a bizarre crossroad.
The game is fun to shoot. It’s a slight tweak on the Spider-Man Home playfield. I thought that game was fun to shoot, and this one is better.
Unlike Spider-Man home, Supreme is in a full size Pro Cab, with a coin door and service rails. Has a regular DMD and a completely different sound package. I wasn’t familiar enough with the Spider-Man home rules to tell you if these rules are the same.
Layout is solid. Really nice shooting game. Objectives are clear, and straightforward like a good early SS design.
Sounds are wicked. The game has a very satisfying feel to it.
I’m not sure what else to say. Value discussions are ludicrous. This game is a total anomaly. I got mine for retail, which was still way too much, but not the astronomical value people are asking to flip it. I have no intent of selling it. It’s a really fun game, and a strange pinball story.
I think anybody who enjoys simply playing pinball would really enjoy the game. If you remove the outrage about the flipping, and the ”reskin” of a supposed low end pin etc etc. Anybody stepping up to this game without bizarre expectations and baggage would certainly enjoy it. Layout is fun, code is simple and good, sounds are really good... Simply put, it’s just FUN. That’s what pinball is supposed to be.
Some people will never get it... that’s totally fine. I’m enjoying the pin. I was home for about 4 hrs killing time a few nights ago, and it’s the only pin I played! With 14 other really good options in the room, it kept me coming back for more. That tells me something.

what hardware is it on? spike 1/2? sam?

2 months later
#698 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just saw this video, guy got scammed out of $15k on Ebay for what he thought was a Supreme pinball machine. Pretty funny video, but also feel bad for him. Thanks to Keith Johnson for sharing the link on his Twitter.

take them to judge judy
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x66xib8

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joe_blasi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-x-supreme-new-machine?tu=joe_blasi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.