IMG_2459 (resized).PNG
79564B04-9FCB-449B-A9CC-9ACC856AF7D4 (resized).jpeg
DBF6BA2D-D6FE-40A4-A5AB-1000BF0BD5CC (resized).jpeg
9E2F785C-7598-4B6C-AB31-62CA20385BFD (resized).png
IMG_0196.jpg
8798B930-E817-4016-98BD-943818A859ED (resized).jpeg
483BF004-36B4-4DE9-BCFF-F735CEC982C8 (resized).png
2EED3AC3-A4C2-4554-B44C-B657A34EBCD3 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 6 years ago

If this were a spooky game it would be sold out by now.

#54 6 years ago

You guys are completely missing the point.

This isn’t for you any more than dominos is for you.

Nobody involved in this project cares what any of us think about it. It’s a side hustle that nobody is counting on a single one of us to buy.

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

This, but probably on Supreme's part, not Stern's. If Stern had half a brain, they contracted to build these games at a set number of games with Supreme paying for them up front and then marking them up on their end. Stern's gonna get paid either way on this deal, I'd bet.

Ya think?!!!!!?

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Over 1m views and 11k comments in a few hours...keep hating but lots of people are loving it

This project will be a huge success and Stern got paid. Smart people running that company from the looks of it.

#125 6 years ago

This thing has almost 1.5 MILLION views already in a day.

Is there a single other pinball-related video anywhere online that has anywhere close to that amount of views?

How many hundreds of thousands of people today found out for the first time that pinball actually exists?

And hey, like 2 dozen pinball folks (including me) found out that Supreme exists! So truly it's been an educational day for everybody.

#133 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Just because a brand gets their logo on a pinball machine doesn’t mean anyone needs to celebrate. I’ll feel how I want about Supreme all I want, pinball or not.

For me that's not really the issue. You are one of like 5 people here who actually knew what Supreme was before today, so you had a right to have an opinion on it. You are dumping on the Supreme brand, which actually makes it pretty much the only educated complaint in this entire thread.

The funny thing though was the knee-jerk reaction to IMMEDIATELY default to Stern-Bashing mode by so many people. "How dare they insult us, their valued customer base, with this abortion of a game? There's almost nothing on that playfield!!!!" THey look pretty silly now, as it's clear this has almost nothing to do with the pinball industry or the pinball collecting community. But man...people just can't WAIT to monkey pile on stern, even when they really have no idea what they are talking about. How about a little patience next time folks, like, you know, figure out exactly what it is first before you start whining about it.

#211 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

This should be a red flag. When I agree with this guy?

Better to be an out of touch "old white guy" at 36 than to be a broke ass millennial overpaying for everything for the manufactured 'prestige' of it. Thank you!

At least that game has actual art, sound, and rules. At least that game wasn't a recycled layout.
Come on Jack.... we know 'doing your thing' relies heavily on Stern at this point, but you don't have to step up to bat for them on something as ludicrous as this. They're going to make money, yay! That will allow them to keep developing real games, YAY! Claiming this will bring in any functional number of positive contributors to pinball at large? LOL. Like you guys say.. 'it's not for us'....and 'us' is people that regularly want to buy games, that will be buying games without marketing stunts like this, and that support the aftermarket. People buying a Supreme pin mostly aren't going to do that. They are the epitome of short attention spans. They're going to stick the thing in a corner, turn it on 5 times ever, and flop out their "oh look at me" of the week, and then move on to buying a Supreme branded 800 dollar thermos the week after.

This post is as spot on as when you were telling us the Supreme pinball video had 113 views.

#233 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

So I feel kind of dumb now for falling into the internet trap of seeing outrage and getting all the info from the source of that outrage, when it is a more nuanced issue that what was being presented to me.

Hey at least you didn't double-down on the histronics like others here once it became clear what was actually happening. The point of this thing is so far over some persons' heads it might as well be traveling by blimp.

As far as the actual game goes... I LOVE the sounds in the trailer, and I hope the actual project has them. Perfect future-retro vibe for something like this. I suspect not but who knows. And for those who simply can't get past the idea that this is a "reskin" the real cabinet is a HUGE upgrade over the original home version game.

#237 6 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

When I heard them, it sounds like these are canned sound effects in the ad. I doubt those are the games actual sounds at all.

Agreed. Still, I love them for this type of game.

Quoted from rubberducks:

Also, you're dreaming if you think most of their brand disciples will suddenly lust after pinball machines. It's cool to them because it has their logo on it. That's it.

Also agreed. But then...who cares? None of us were upset when the forums weren't suddenly flooded by PBR fans or Mustang nutswingers when those licenses came out. It's still nice to see something pinball related get 2 million views. For the first time ever.

Hahahaha these guys nailed it!

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2018/2/12/17003642/supreme-stern-pinball-machine-ss18

"Supreme fans should be thrilled about the addition of a new item to add to their collection of branded kayaks and axes, while longtime pinball enthusiasts are scratching their heads in their forums:"

#248 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

It all comes down to how much Supreme and Domino's will pay me to advertise their product in my home.

You seriously don't own any licensed pinball machines?

There's really not much difference between this and any other Stern game put out in the last 20 years. I don't know anybody who gets paid by Sony pictures to advertise Spider Man in their home etc.

#251 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

That's waaaaayyyy different!!

Not if you are gonna dump on people for "advertising in their home" it ain't. It's exactly the same thing.

Some people like rock bands brands, some people like douchey lifestyle brands. I don't see the difference. At all.

#302 6 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

If you put one on each lobby. Was my thought. Good sales. Parts needed across their whole organization. Possibly.

Wal-Mart probably wouldn't want to put a pinball machine in each of their lobbies. They'd take up valuable space, they'd be a maintenance nightmare like all pinball, and they'd likely lose money on each machine. And most importantly, people who are playing pinball aren't shopping.

#310 6 years ago

12?

That's awesome.

This thing is gonna go for more than Magic Girl money. It's gonna make Big Bang Bar seem like a Zizzle.

I guarantee you a half-dozen pinheads are gonna pony up crazy-ass money to get one of these. I have a feeling we'll be seeing one at a certain soiled garment cleansing facility in NYC soon, whatever the cost.

#319 6 years ago

You guys are gonna make bootlegs to sell on Canal Street?!

#326 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Haha 12 games, so much for the "this is awesome, it's going to introduce millions of people to pinball!" narrative.

I don't think anybody here expected millions of people were going to play or own this game. It's not a t-shirt. That's a false narrative nobody here was selling.

Project is an unqualified success, Stern got paid (a LOT I'm guessing), and millions have been "introduced" to pinball and the Stern company through millions of views via online media and press.

#332 6 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

I'm not sure about it being a full-size cabinet, but appears to have backbox hinges that Spider-Man Home did not.
Brad

It's a full size-cabinet. The exact same on on your AC/DC vault. Look how deep the cabinet is compared to the home version - there's inches of clearance where there is no Death star or other tall toys and ramps you usually see.

#335 6 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Nice catch, I didn't notice. So I guess Spider-Man Home had a full-size playfield, I didn't realize that as I've never seen one in person. Now, on to an important question, when will we see the next lobster picture from you? I think it has been a few years since I last asked.
Brad

It'll likely be a while since my GF is allergic to the goddamn things. But here's an oldie!:

lobster2 (resized).jpglobster2 (resized).jpg

#338 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Because they saw an instagram post with a pin in it? Come on, that's meaningless. No one was introduced to anything. The whole "expanding the market" narrative of this thread fell on its face..

Please provide examples of this narrative? I don't believe it exists.

The narrative is "Stern made money, pinball gets exposure." 3 million views is exposure. Tons of free press for Stern is exposure. Nobody expected anything more.

The only thing falling flat on its face is your argument that somehow this project is a failure? Or this thread is a failure? I don't even really understand what you are trying to say, except that you are mad they are only making 12?

wood (resized).jpgwood (resized).jpg

#340 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I will freely admit to being too lazy to re-read 7 pages of thread to find examples, so I'll concede the argument and simply say that this is a funny little project, I'm not mad that it exists, and I personally believe the impact on pinball as a whole will be unmeasurably small.

Great. We all believe that.

Not sure why its necessary to "measure" the value of exposing millions of people to pinball. It's just a thing that happened, and for a community of people as enthusiastic about pinball as we are, you'd think that would be generally viewed as a good thing.

Now if Supreme would only release some LE 15 pound lobsters, I could get really excited.

#359 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm going with that, no one said that, yes.
If I had known from the start they were only making 12 of these I would have saved myself a lot of typing, this is an utter nothing burger, with a few funny pictures, and some pretty cool sound effects. The impact of this on pinball will only manifest in some fashion if Stern uses this as a stepping stone for some other retheme project.

New rule: "Nothing Burger" is the new "Hitler" in Godin's law terms.

Why do you keep trying to hammer home the point that this has "no impact on pinball" when you are the only one who keeps bringing that point up? Is that the new litmus test for Stern now? Is a project only successful or worth discussing among ourselves if it's a "something burger?"

#376 6 years ago

I really hope a few more people who have never heard of supreme can make a few more jokes using the word ‘supreme’...

Once the sure-to-be-outrageous price is announced I'm looking forward to the "it better give me a hummer for that price!!!!" jokes.

People always seem to think they are the first to come up with that one.

#387 6 years ago

most of the stuff on ebay is fake. buy from urban necessities or stadium goods. 100 % real and they legit check everything. 15% off sitewide at sg today. chopsticks are about $100 or so

But the eBay ad says it's NOT fake!!!

#399 6 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

True story... This place is not even 10 minutes from where Stern used to be.

Mmmmmm.....trendy....

#406 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Do we know what'll it cost yet?

If you have to ask...

#421 6 years ago
Quoted from nik2000:

Supreme release new items weekly - this won't come out on the 22nd but rather on a random date between then and the end of july.

But I want to Bitch about the price NOW!!!

1 week later
#456 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

If a third party wants a custom pinball machine Stern Always reskins a machine.
Can't they make a new playfield design for that price.

People got really upset that a game they don't want and will never own has the same playfield as another Stern product that they don't want and will never own.

2 months later
#534 5 years ago

OK folks. You've lusted after it for months.

Now....

IT'S TIME TO PLAY THE GAME! On location in NYC, clearly the new pinball hype capitol of the universe!!!

Clipboard01 (resized).jpgClipboard01 (resized).jpg

#539 5 years ago

I know everybody has an opinion on this but I think the sound package is amazing. I'm told those sounds in the original promo vid are the actual game sounds and not clip sounds.

#561 5 years ago
Quoted from BillPinball:

Was watching it. Looks like 5 seconds it sold out.

Correct. Got it added to cart, entered CC info, hit send and was informed it's a sell out.

Lots of amusing posts if you go through all 12 pages of this thread I'm sure. Stern wins again!

#564 5 years ago
Quoted from Eddie:

I think Ill lable myself a Supreme Tech and charge 10x for my services for The Supreme Pinball owners.
Most likely I will be teching the Supreme Pin on location at Max Fishes here in the city.
I can only imagine the lines they must be getting from the Superematards waiting to see it today.
I had no idea what Supreme was until this Pin popped up and I live in the city.
Viewing the YT vids on Supreme I wonder if these guys realize they are basically making Free Commercials for Supreme.
The Skate rats that started Supreme are laughing their asses off at what they created and the money that must be pouring in.
Hey to each his own as long as nobody is getting hurt and they are having fun.

you'll need a Supreme tank top Eddie!

#571 5 years ago

Greatest game ever?

Maybe.

2DF0C1F6-FA57-4BF3-BC78-360E6FF8AA09 (resized).jpeg2DF0C1F6-FA57-4BF3-BC78-360E6FF8AA09 (resized).jpeg
32FFE727-AE10-4763-8717-4E178D9BC915 (resized).jpeg32FFE727-AE10-4763-8717-4E178D9BC915 (resized).jpeg
B42640BE-E018-4CAB-97F1-5EE68F3A1A12 (resized).jpegB42640BE-E018-4CAB-97F1-5EE68F3A1A12 (resized).jpeg

9F063AEA-C8BA-4C54-B733-998AD332DB18 (resized).jpeg9F063AEA-C8BA-4C54-B733-998AD332DB18 (resized).jpeg

#574 5 years ago

Game is fun enough. Super basic. But we are enjoying 4-player throw downs.

The most fun thing is the endless river of chinese teenagers coming in here with fake IDs getting thrown out one after another by the bartender.

The nice ones she’s letting take a pic before getting 86d.

#591 5 years ago
Quoted from chippe01:

I'm sure it's the same rules as Spider-Man (Home Edition).
Drop the targets, hit the target behind the drops 3X for multiball, 1 mode completed. Hit 6 side targets and/or big target behind the ball trap to light a mode. Complete the loop/ramps/spinner 3X each way to complete that mode. Complete all modes and earn Wizard multiball for 60 seconds. Complete 3 top lanes to light double scoring, complete inlanes and outlanes to increase bonus multiplier (2X, 3X, 5X, 7X, 8X, 10X). Flippers for lane change, complete 2 modes to light extra ball, hit big target behind ball trap (Rescue MJ target ) to earn extra ball. Trap and release ball for multiball, hit big target during this multiball to add a ball.
In Spiderman Home, the "modes" I mentioned are the Villains. I'm curious as to what they are called here.
I can't see why they would have coded new rules for the same table layout.

Besides, the ruleset works perfectly for the layout.

#594 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Tulips. If you bought one of these you better flip it quick. These, and all other Supreme labeled crap will crash in price eventually when people realize how stupid this all is. How much are those Beanie Babies worth now?

Beanie baby fad lasted a month this supreme Shit been going on for decades.

Sorry bro. It’s real.

#609 5 years ago

I'm pro Supreme.

Ya'lls just jelly that we have TWO on location to play in NYC - I believe Sunshine is getting theirs today.

Also not sure what incentive Keith has to talk up the game when they sold out in 10 seconds?

Quoted from JediPimp:

Any reviews on this machine yet?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/go-play-supreme-at-max-fish-in-nyc#post-4415926

#611 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

12?
That's awesome.
This thing is gonna go for more than Magic Girl money. It's gonna make Big Bang Bar seem like a Zizzle.
I guarantee you a half-dozen pinheads are gonna pony up crazy-ass money to get one of these. I have a feeling we'll be seeing one at a certain soiled garment cleansing facility in NYC soon, whatever the cost.

LOL I was actually right about this one. It's at Sunshine now and there's no way he paid face value.

3 months later
#685 5 years ago
Quoted from chippe01:

I don’t get it. This is exactly the same game as Spider-Man home, yet most people say that game sucks, but this game is great?

Almost NOBODY has played the SM home game. They say it sucks because it's over $4,000 and has that hideous cheap shit cabinet, weighs about 40 pounds, and has a cheap speaker right at crotch level.

At the same time, almost NOBODY has played Supreme, and they also say it sucks.

There's two on location here in NYC and I've played it. It's a perfectly fun simple game and in a real arcade cabinet it feels like a real arcade machine. The reasons people hate both of these machines has been well documented here and have nothing to do with gameplay, which almost nobody here has actually experienced.

In the meantime many of these haters will gladly fork over $7000 + for a TNA which is in the same ballpark as far as fun factor and simplicity.

There's really nothing to "get" here. Just standard pinside nonsense.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-x-supreme-new-machine?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.