IMG_2459 (resized).PNG
79564B04-9FCB-449B-A9CC-9ACC856AF7D4 (resized).jpeg
DBF6BA2D-D6FE-40A4-A5AB-1000BF0BD5CC (resized).jpeg
9E2F785C-7598-4B6C-AB31-62CA20385BFD (resized).png
IMG_0196.jpg
8798B930-E817-4016-98BD-943818A859ED (resized).jpeg
483BF004-36B4-4DE9-BCFF-F735CEC982C8 (resized).png
2EED3AC3-A4C2-4554-B44C-B657A34EBCD3 (resized).png
There are 705 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 15.
#1 6 years ago

Hi guys, long time member here. I'm a massive fan of pinball and of supreme, and when I saw this new Stern machine announced (https://www.instagram.com/p/BfD_Wdjn0ie/?hl=en&taken-by=supremenewyork) I knew I had to have it.

I hope this new machine is also of a suprise/interest to other members and would love to hear your thoughts on it.

Knowing Supreme this is likely to release sometime later this year; Also, if anyone knows someone that knows someone (at Stern/Supreme) and can help me buy a machine I am happy to pay very very well for your help.

Screen Shot 2018-02-11 at 16.48.36 (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-02-11 at 16.48.36 (resized).png

#2 6 years ago

Just saw this announced and was about to make a post! I'm a huge Supreme fan and collector so this is going to be amazing! Not for everyone.. But a fun collectors pin! Interested to see what everyone else thinks!

#3 6 years ago

What the heck is supreme?

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

I'm with this guy.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

Supreme is a skateboarding shop and clothing brand established in New York City in April 1994. It's iconic in the skate industry and has a huge crossover

#6 6 years ago

It’s Ed Hardy if it were boring.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

as explained above, plus, they release new items weekly which almost always sell out instantly (to usually be sold for more on the secondary market). Thousands of people wait in line at their stores worldwide.

In the past they've had collaborations like this with brands such as Louis Vuitton, Nike and the North Face.

www.supremenewyork.com

#8 6 years ago

Playfield looks pretty bare. Not much to shoot for. Be good for guys that know the brand i guess? Never heard of supreme before.

#9 6 years ago

Well this makes me feel old as hell.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from JeffreeStar:

Supreme is a skateboarding shop and clothing brand established in New York City in April 1994. It's iconic in the skate industry and has a huge crossover

Judging by what I just found on google, this is going to be a 40k price tag game with a terrible theme to boot. Who the f pays 170 bucks for an exercise mat, or 1700 for a wallet? Idiots.

I'm just gonna quote one of my favorite pieces of social commentary on 'fashion' ever written....Macklemore:

"I hit the party and they stop in that mother*******
They be like, “Oh, that Gucci? That’s hella tight”
I’m like, “Yo, that’s 50 dollars for a t-shirt.”
Limited edition, let’s do some simple addition
50 dollars for a t-shirt, that’s just some ignorant bitch s**t
I call that getting swindled and pimped, s**t
I call that getting tricked by business
That shirt’s hella dough, and having the same one as six other people in this club is a hella don’t
Peep game, come take a look through my telescope
Tryin' to get girls from a brand?
Man, you hella won’t! Man, you hella won't!"

#11 6 years ago

Don’t know what supreme is and have zero interest in a supreme pinball machine. Looks pretty empty and so much red.

#12 6 years ago

And why does it have one of the old red led displays? Didn't stern cross over to lcd displays like JJP?

#13 6 years ago

Hard pass

#14 6 years ago

i can tell that pinball enthusiasts may not have been the market that Stern and Supreme are going for

#15 6 years ago

This is the same layout as Spider-Man Home Edition, so leads me to believe it's another home release.

In fact, it's exactly the same, target for target and light for light, with the exception of the display and plunger.

#16 6 years ago

This.is.stupid.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Judging by what I just found on google, this is going to be a 40k price tag game

WTF! 40k and an old red led display in it???

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

And why does it have one of the old red led displays? Didn't stern cross over to lcd displays like JJP?

In the video it looks like there is both a lcd display and a led display

#19 6 years ago

Big supreme fan. Saw on insta this morn but couldn’t figure out how to post here.

Visually it looks awesome but the gameplay not so much.

Probably 5k but resell not much more. Plus the supreme shipping tax and duties be insane

#20 6 years ago

Supreme is how I like my pizza.

#21 6 years ago

WTF! 40k and an old red led display in it???

I'm guessing based on the prices I see their other merch going for. I think 40k for a pin is a logical extrapolation when a wallet that without their logo on it would sell for 20 bucks in any Target (BECAUSE ITS RED LOLOLOL) shows up at the top of google results for 1700....yeah. 40k doesn't seem too absurd. Maybe LOW.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from nik2000:

In the video it looks like there is both a lcd display and a led display

I watched the video. Couldn't see any lcd display?

#24 6 years ago

I watched the video. Couldn't see any lcd display?

yeah i deleted that last comment, the top part looked lit up and i couldn't tell if that was just a backlight or an lcd display.

#25 6 years ago

Sounds like they robbed a freeware site for sounds. No background music?

But hey lol look at that game price, 25 cents a play or 5 for a dollar!

#26 6 years ago

Lol, I thought it was a coke machine at first glance!

#27 6 years ago

Supreme is a a brand for hypebeast insecure beta male and mostly for people looking for attention

#28 6 years ago

Well my money is safe in my pocket.

#29 6 years ago

Ok. My freshman son buys Supreme items and resells them on line. I had no idea what it is or why people pay outrageous prices, but he's made over $1000 this winter. He just came down stairs with a wild look in his eye. Showed me the video and and said he's going to pay for college with this thing. The boy is a real capitalist.

#30 6 years ago

When I woke up this morning I never would have imagined that today I would see a new all time most stupid, but here it is.

#31 6 years ago

Given they sold a brick for $250 I am not surprised at the price tag. I guess Supreme gear is the next generation‘s version of beanie babies?

ebay.com link: Supreme New York Brick BOGO FW16 LIMITED 100 Authentic NEW

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from chippe01:

This is the same layout as Spider-Man Home Edition, so leads me to believe it's another home release.
In fact, it's exactly the same, target for target and light for light, with the exception of the display and plunger.

Re-watching it, and you're right. A re-theme of the Spider-Man home edition. Still looks nice though.

#33 6 years ago

As close as I have been able to tell as I have aged, is if you want to make a lot of money find something people don't need, then charge a lot of money for it.

Essential stuff like running water and electricity, people bitch and moan about the price.

A stupid brick... people will compete with each other to buy given the right conditions (apparently)

Oh well, let the full blown idiocracy commence!

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

As close as I have been able to tell as I have aged, is if you want to make a lot of money find something people don't need, then charge a lot of money for it.
Essential stuff like running water and electricity, people bitch and moan about the price.
A stupid brick... people will compete with each other to buy given the right conditions (apparently)
Oh well, let the full blown idiocracy commence!

They even sale in the past hammer,crowbar, nunchucks,dice,dominoes, bolt cutters... smh

#35 6 years ago

If you don’t open the box will it be considered ds, nib or both?

#36 6 years ago

They likely had a ton of these left over.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#37 6 years ago

If this were a spooky game it would be sold out by now.

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from JeffreeStar:

It has such a huge crossover that I've never heard of it. Nor has either of my kids. No offense, but avid skateboarders aren't necessarily in the income bracket to buy $6-9K pinball machines.

#39 6 years ago

More pinball = better , except on Pinside.

#40 6 years ago

I don't like judging people based on what they like. If you dig Supreme then okay. But the fact of that matter is, it's a really douchey brand. It's built around artificially constricting the supply of overpriced items that aren't particularly interesting to look at, it's just a rip off of Barbara Kruger.

People who wear Supreme are basically advertising that they paid too much for a t-shirt because it has a logo on it, and they want you to know it. They probably paid double too much too, because someone else is paying their way through college grabbing the drops and marking them up to sell to people who have more money than sense. (Make that hustle.)

Hey, it's your life, and if you're happy rocking a logo for some money more power to you I guess. But it shouldn't come as a surprise that a douchey brand attracts douchey people. I know some real idiots who love Supreme gear, and that for sure colors my impression of anyone I see wearing it.

Anyways, this pinball is ridiculously stupid. It could have been visually interesting with the color scheme, except it succumbed to the whole LOOK THERE ARE SUPREME LOGOS ON THIS OBJECT thing. I'd just laugh if I walked into a house and someone was displaying it.

I'm probably going to really laugh when the price is announced too.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

It has such a huge crossover that I've never heard of it. Nor has either of my kids. No offense, but avid skateboarders aren't necessarily in the income bracket to buy $6-9K pinball machines.

It's a lifestyle brand that people spend thousands and thousands of dollars on annually. It's not for broke skateboarders, it's for rich kids, or ones who want to look like they are.

It's probably the biggest streetwear brand in the world, if you haven't heard of it that's just because you probably give people who say "streetwear" a blank look. Don't get me wrong, your life isn't missing anything because you haven't heard of Supreme, but it is a genuinely large phenomenon.

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

More pinball = better , except on Pinside.

I've never agreed with this. We need quality, not quantity, to bring back pinball. Putting out stupid games like this, that are ripoffs of what was already a questionable business venture, and then putting EVEN LESS WORK INTO IT to make it appealing.. this thing is terrible in every way from what's been shown so far.

No music.
No art, just a 9000 point font.
Terrible sound.
Literally recycled playfield design.
Rules and animations that have nothing to do with the theme (Meteor Shower? lol..okay....)

And just waiting for the lulz of a price point. Given that we've calculated that it's leftover SM home model pieces, I'll revise my 40k estimate down to 8500.

#43 6 years ago

Not keen on the brand, but honestly, Spiderman Home has always looked like a fun, well tuned, well coded game ... it's just far too close to a Stern Pro in price in the US.

I suspect they won't limit the number of these, so much as the time they're available for. It's a halo product and they'll want to get as many out there as possible to break into new markets with their CostCo quality at 10x the price products.

I suspect this will be better value, and a lot more fun than WN and PBR.

#44 6 years ago

If it's pissing pinside off, its probly a hit!!
Really though, who cares if they do a retheme of SM home?
I doubt it's really "leftover" parts, I would think PFs and ramps for SM home were ordered to make a quantity, then those were made.
Only question is if they actually changed rules, or just dots. Probly the latter
Let Stern go make money!
Side note: never heard of this brand, or thought people were sporting Coca-cola gear if I have seen.

#45 6 years ago

Sounds like a pet rock with leds.

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't like judging people based on what they like. If you dig Supreme then okay. But the fact of that matter is, it's a really douchey brand. It's built around artificially constricting the supply of overpriced items that aren't particularly interesting to look at, it's just a rip off of Barbara Kruger.
People who wear Supreme are basically advertising that they paid too much for a t-shirt because it has a logo on it, and they want you to know it. They probably paid double too much too, because someone else is paying their way through college grabbing the drops and marking them up to sell to people who have more money than sense. (Make that hustle.)
Hey, it's your life, and if you're happy rocking a logo for some money more power to you I guess. But it shouldn't come as a surprise that a douchey brand attracts douchey people. I know some real idiots who love Supreme gear, and that for sure colors my impression of anyone I see wearing it.
Anyways, this pinball is ridiculously stupid. It could have been visually interesting with the color scheme, except it succumbed to the whole LOOK THERE ARE SUPREME LOGOS ON THIS OBJECT thing. I'd just laugh if I walked into a house and someone was displaying it.
I'm probably going to really laugh when the price is announced too.

My son convinced me that there are folks that pay $125 for a t-shirt. (Thought he was nuts until I'm going to drop boxes off once a week). I can't imagine what they'll pay for this.

#47 6 years ago

Kinda love it for how minimalist it ended up being. Don't care about the Supreme brand but I like how the logo treatment ended up working in this context, and the soundscape is just lovely... 80s machines are my favorite, and a modern machine that sticks to synth noises and doesn't try to hold a conversation evokes that era in a big way. Likewise the relatively sparse playfield.

It's a shame it's Supreme branded and will thus have a huge brand tax attached, cause it's got some appeal in ways that few modern pins touch on.

Also... Supreme is silly as hell rich kid Instagram bait... But literally any theme is better than another comic book or rock band property. I'll take a game that is just gloss white in and out with no art over another trash superhero treatment.

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I've never agreed with this. We need quality, not quantity, to bring back pinball. Putting out stupid games like this, that are ripoffs of what was already a questionable business venture, and then putting EVEN LESS WORK INTO IT to make it appealing.. this thing is terrible in every way from what's been shown so far.
No music.
No art, just a 9000 point font.
Terrible sound.
Literally recycled playfield design.
Rules and animations that have nothing to do with the theme (Meteor Shower? lol..okay....)
And just waiting for the lulz of a price point. Given that we've calculated that it's leftover SM home model pieces, I'll revise my 40k estimate down to 8500.

If this venture brings in 1000 new pinball machine buyers, not specifically for this machine but in general, that is bad?

More pinball machine buyers would mean more competition between the manufacturers which should increase innovation?

I just don't see how this machine being advertised and marketed to a new audience is bad for pinball.

It also appears that this technique is working in reverse and neither of us had heard of the Supreme brand until today?

#49 6 years ago

supreme is so lame IMO

but I can't deny that people love blowing money on their stuff. I do remember them back in the day but they have been hot items in the last couple years

as someone who still skates I don't think I ever seen anyone with supreme stuff that actually can skate besides their team members. It seems most of their customers are people that want to look cool or Bros.

I don't understand who needs to spend so much on clothes.

but its nothing new anyone remember when people were spending a ton on Bathing Ape hoodies

#50 6 years ago

YMo49xn (resized).jpgYMo49xn (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 705 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-x-supreme-new-machine?hl=darcangeloel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.