IMG_2459 (resized).PNG
79564B04-9FCB-449B-A9CC-9ACC856AF7D4 (resized).jpeg
DBF6BA2D-D6FE-40A4-A5AB-1000BF0BD5CC (resized).jpeg
9E2F785C-7598-4B6C-AB31-62CA20385BFD (resized).png
IMG_0196.jpg
8798B930-E817-4016-98BD-943818A859ED (resized).jpeg
483BF004-36B4-4DE9-BCFF-F735CEC982C8 (resized).png
2EED3AC3-A4C2-4554-B44C-B657A34EBCD3 (resized).png
There are 705 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 15.
#401 6 years ago

Hay,Vicjw66,get one, and bring it to the Lodi Grape festival in May!!!

#402 6 years ago

So I get the $$$ grab on this "Supreme" pin but in no way will it last longer than a fart in the wind.

Get the hype and sell it, whatever, but it will be here today and gone tomorrow.

Why? Because about 99.999% of people in the world don't give a shit about pinball and never will!

If it makes them feel better telling themselves it will be awesome then Ok. Knock yourselves out.

I do applaud any effort to try something different.

#403 6 years ago

One important tip I did pick up from the Supreme video---I'm for sure gonna start wearing more jewelry so I can play better.

#404 6 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

That was incredible!
If my walmarts were like that I would so be buying my biker shorts and shampoos there instead of at Supreme

Still laughing.

#405 6 years ago

Do we know what'll it cost yet?

#406 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Do we know what'll it cost yet?

If you have to ask...

#407 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If you have to ask...

...then I can't afford it?

Just wanted to know the "real" Price instead of the billions of bucks assumptions.
Forgive me but I'm new to 'Supreme' and can't quite believe they sell a paintjob of Sterns cheapest title for the price of a Ferrari.

#408 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I'm new to 'Supreme' and can't quite believe they sell a paintjob of Sterns cheapest title for the price of a Ferrari.

Ya this is unbelievable to me. It’s not even a rebranding of a great game. This is literally the cheapest stern model pin with a new coat of paint and priced as the most expensive. (Presumably)

If Supreme customers are to blind to notice that their buying inferior products at a premium, then they have more money then brains and should be separated from that money.

#409 6 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Ya this is unbelievable to me. It’s not even a rebranding of a great game. This is literally the cheapest stern model pin with a new coat of paint and priced as the most expensive. (Presumably)
If Supreme customers are to blind to notice that their buying inferior products at a premium, then they have more money then brains and should be separated from that money.

Indeed but I want to verify and specify that "presumably".

#410 6 years ago

The way you guys are reacting to this pin and the estimated price is pretty much identical to the way non-pinheads react when they hear the price of a regular NIB.

I have often thought: “You don’t need to understand it. It’s not for you.”

#411 6 years ago

I don’t tell my friends how much my pinballs cost and I don’t tell my wife how much my supreme shirts cost.

Don’t ask don’t tell lol

#412 6 years ago

"Our webstore is currently closed and will reopen on February 22nd with our Spring/Summer 2018 collection. Sign up to our mailinglist below and we'll keep you informed when the web shop reopens and of future news ...".

So next week we will see, what price tag is attached.

20k til easter ?

#413 6 years ago

I don't know if this was pointed out yet but I found it hilarious an article online took a screenshot of one of the best comments on this thread.

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2018/2/12/17003642/supreme-stern-pinball-machine-ss18

#414 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I have often thought: “You don’t need to understand it. It’s not for you.”

I do this too. In a different way. My mind, it needs to understand everything now. Sometimes I have to tell myself, I have decided it's unimportant. So I can ignore it. (Effectively)

#415 6 years ago

So when can we expect a, Supreme Owners Club ONLY! on Pinside.

#416 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

So when can we expect a, Supreme Owners Club ONLY! on Pinside.

Members only....

#417 6 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I do this too. In a different way. My mind, it needs to understand everything now. Sometimes I have to tell myself, I have decided it's unimportant. So I can ignore it. (Effectively)

That’s a very wise and healthy way of coping with anxiety and lots of people never quite figure out how to do it, so you should count yourself fortunate. Hopefully you are already seeing the benefits, just stay consistent!

#418 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I do applaud any effort to try something different.

By different, you mean: ugly as sin?

#419 6 years ago

If they can make this, then why still no MLP!?!

#420 6 years ago
Quoted from master_of_chaos:

"Our webstore is currently closed and will reopen on February 22nd with our Spring/Summer 2018 collection. Sign up to our mailinglist below and we'll keep you informed when the web shop reopens and of future news ...".
So next week we will see, what price tag is attached.
20k til easter ?

Supreme release new items weekly - this won't come out on the 22nd but rather on a random date between then and the end of july.

#421 6 years ago
Quoted from nik2000:

Supreme release new items weekly - this won't come out on the 22nd but rather on a random date between then and the end of july.

But I want to Bitch about the price NOW!!!

#422 6 years ago
Quoted from nik2000:

ah,ok , i´m not firm with supreme´s marketing.

#423 6 years ago

Since the cabinet is somewhat of a blank canvas. I hope the pin comes with a 'Red Supreme Sharpie'. So all your BFF's can sign it at the unboxing party. That would make each of the 12 pins totally unique.

#424 6 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Since the cabinet is somewhat of a blank canvas. I hope the pin comes with a 'Red Supreme Sharpie'. So all your BFF's can sign it at the unboxing party. That would make each of the 12 pins totally unique.

Sharpie is $1000 extra add on.

#425 6 years ago

Never heard of supreme until I saw this pin. I don’t think I’ve ever seen an advertisement or anyone wearing that brand. Just another fad brand that will probably be forgotten about in a few years

#426 6 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Never heard of supreme until I saw this pin. I don’t think I’ve ever seen an advertisement or anyone wearing that brand. Just another fad brand that will probably be forgotten about in a few years

I've never heard of them either, but they have been around since then 90s. Doesn't seem like a fad, no just a niche that I'm not a part of.

#427 6 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

By different, you mean: ugly as sin?

That too Jim!

But so is the gear that they sell so it fits

#428 6 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Replace 'Supreme' with 'pinball' and I'm sure there are Supreme fans out there that saw this product and are saying the same thing.

#429 6 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

That would make each of the 12 pins totally unique.

They are only making 12? Damn, I was totally hoping to part one of these out once the buyers of this brand move on to whatever the next must have is and start tossing them to the curb.

#430 6 years ago

Another pin I have zero interest in . Stern seems to be filling all gaps with VE and simple releases, maybe working on
something great.

#431 6 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Been around since 1994 and is bigger than all pinball companies combined.

#432 6 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

That would make each of the 12 pins totally unique.

I wonder how much Stern charges to make a dozen custom machines.

#433 6 years ago

I’m guessing 5k each

#434 6 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I’m guessing 5k each

So engineering and software are free?

You realize that they roll the costs to design and engineer into the production run, right? So even though this is just a re-theme of a finished game, there's still artwork costs, software costs, plus it takes a slot on the test production line. Remember, they charged $100,000 to make those re-themes for Aaron Spelling and Michael Jordon.

I'd suspect if they only do 12 machines, they'll be $50K to cover those costs and also have a profit.

#435 6 years ago

No. Yeah maybe 100k be more like it.

We don’t know for sure it’s onky 12, unconfirmed at this point. Maybe it’s 20-50? Might never find out.

#436 6 years ago

Just like Geek Squad.

#437 6 years ago

Time to start buying Spider man home editions and making cheap knock offs lolllllll

#438 6 years ago

How is this supposed to mean anything?

Sears, Kodak, blockbuster...... all failed businesses that were bigger then all pinball companies combined.

Tell me what their unique company saving product is again; because rebranding already available crap will only get you so far. Sooner or later they’ll actually have to contribute to succeed. Eventually customers will become bored of their brand and that is literally all that they are. Just a brand, just a name and a logo. Nothing unique.

#439 6 years ago

the online shop is open, but no prices for the machine.
I don't have expected that they will sell this online, but i thought the price will be released.

#440 6 years ago

All i know is my 14 year old son buys this (crap) and without opening the packages he hands the stuff off to me and I drop it off at UPS. Since September he's put $3600 in his savings account. I am now a Supreme fan.

#441 6 years ago

Latest word is 100 machines @ 10k each

#442 6 years ago

If that's true, I'm definitely going to get one. That's WAY less than I thought it would cost.

#443 6 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

All i know is my 14 year old son buys this (crap) and without opening the packages he hands the stuff off to me and I drop it off at UPS. Since September he's put $3600 in his savings account. I am now a Supreme fan.

Next he will be flipping pinball machines, good job!

#444 6 years ago

This makes much more sense to me than the 12 machines the article said were being made.

#445 6 years ago
Quoted from Normscoffee:

If that's true, I'm definitely going to get one. That's WAY less than I thought it would cost.

10k might sound like a deal for a product labled with Supreme branding; but under any other circumstance would you pay 10k for a Spider-Man home Pin without artwork, without themed sounds and call outs, but placed in a full sized cabinet?

Under any other circumstance would you pay double for an inferior product? Spider-Man home is less of a pin then any current Pro model available, yet the price is double. ....and your ok with that....

Would you consider buying a Dodge Caliber for the price of a charger hellcat if I give it a new paint job? Because if so, have I got a deal for you.

#446 6 years ago

Only the speculators would buy this for re-flipping for profit. Nobody that loves to play pinball or is in any way serious about it would even consider this game. Like it was said in the first post. This game is not for us.

Quoted from Luckydogg420:

10k might sound like a deal for a product labled with Supreme branding; but under any other circumstance would you pay 10k for a Spider-Man home Pin without artwork, without themed sounds and call outs, but placed in a full sized cabinet?
Under any other circumstance would you pay double for an inferior product? Spider-Man home is less of a pin then any current Pro model available, yet the price is double. ....and your ok with that....
Would you consider buying a Dodge Caliber for the price of a charger hellcat if I give it a new paint job? Because if so, have I got a deal for you.

#447 6 years ago

Think of all the other pins you could get around that price point.

#448 6 years ago

For sure. Only reason to buy is to flip to some rich hypebeast. Still risky cuz very very limited market and you could end up stuck with it.

#449 6 years ago

Still risky cuz very very limited market and you could end up stuck with it.

That’s why I’m here, I shouldn’t be so bothered by this pin, but friend don’t let friends make poor life choices. That’s a pretty risky flip. This isn’t a 2lb brick it’s a 200lb Pin, and just like the brick to a mason, this pin to a pinhead isn’t worth it.

#450 6 years ago

The days of flipping games like this is over guys, especially for NIB Sterns in this price range. Simple rarity in the emerging boutique era is a dwindling asset imo.

That said, I'm tempted to buy it. I don't know anything about Supreme but I love the art work on that machine and I was totally sold on the sounds in that video. Plus I enjoy basic game play.

My biggest hesitation is my concern with Stern quality and how they might cheap out even further to a new audience of uneducated and unsuspecting buyers.

Mixed emotions for me as a possible buyer but I'd expect to take a loss on buying NIB.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 705 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-x-supreme-new-machine/page/9?hl=normscoffee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.