Topic Stats

• 692 posts
  • 232 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 days ago by MapleSyrup
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 90 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Backglass (resized).jpg
66A697C4-831B-46BA-8A81-6795ABD7AC58 (resized).jpeg
20180906_200052_1536278505185 (resized).jpg
IMG_2355 (resized).jpg
2xYfs6G (resized).jpg
15F1F533-CE6E-45F0-B144-68A0D0AA74D0 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0382 (resized).PNG
IMG_2459 (resized).PNG
79564B04-9FCB-449B-A9CC-9ACC856AF7D4 (resized).jpeg
DBF6BA2D-D6FE-40A4-A5AB-1000BF0BD5CC (resized).jpeg
9E2F785C-7598-4B6C-AB31-62CA20385BFD (resized).png
IMG_0196.jpg
8798B930-E817-4016-98BD-943818A859ED (resized).jpeg
483BF004-36B4-4DE9-BCFF-F735CEC982C8 (resized).png
2EED3AC3-A4C2-4554-B44C-B657A34EBCD3 (resized).png
9F063AEA-C8BA-4C54-B733-998AD332DB18 (resized).jpeg

There are 692 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 14.
#351 8 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

None of them said to themselves "they still make pinball machines? I need one for my crib"?

I'm going with that, no one said that, yes.

If I had known from the start they were only making 12 of these I would have saved myself a lot of typing, this is an utter nothing burger, with a few funny pictures, and some pretty cool sound effects. The impact of this on pinball will only manifest in some fashion if Stern uses this as a stepping stone for some other retheme project.

#352 8 months ago
Quoted from Aurich:

saved myself a lot of typing

You should generally do that and start recording podcasts with Kaneda about beeing angry.

#353 8 months ago

What were people expecting? This to be priced similar to the SM home edition and many of the 1.8 million people who viewed it actually go buy one? Pinball collectors should be worried because when manufacturers see how much these sell for it might open the door for future titles. I imagine there would be some unhappy collectors if Stern or JJP made something like Jaws or Harry Potter with only 15 machines.

#354 8 months ago

First Kardashians at Ayce BBQ, now this. This hobby has become way too mainstream for me. I’m getting in to washing machines.

#355 8 months ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

You should generally do that and start recording podcasts with Kaneda about beeing angry.

giphy-17.gif

#356 8 months ago

Time for a new sheriff in town--a new numero uno. Looks like Supreme could be it, baby! Clean and sleek lines, more hip than skinny jeans, rarer than adamantium, artsy and fartsy, who cares how it plays! MM, MB, TZ, AFM--piffle I say! I'm taking Supremo all the way to the top--who is with me!

#357 8 months ago

That would never happen. The only way Stern (or other makers) can afford the license is to spread it among a large number of machines produced.
Licenses are expensive.

Quoted from BoJo:

What were people expecting? This to be priced similar to the SM home edition and many of the 1.8 million people who viewed it actually go buy one? Pinball collectors should be worried because when manufacturers see how much these sell for it might open the door for future titles. I imagine there would be some unhappy collectors if Stern or JJP made something like Jaws or Harry Potter with only 15 machines.

#358 8 months ago

I agree that the 12 games are probably Uncrate's allotment. No way they only make 12 of these games total.

#359 8 months ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm going with that, no one said that, yes.
If I had known from the start they were only making 12 of these I would have saved myself a lot of typing, this is an utter nothing burger, with a few funny pictures, and some pretty cool sound effects. The impact of this on pinball will only manifest in some fashion if Stern uses this as a stepping stone for some other retheme project.

New rule: "Nothing Burger" is the new "Hitler" in Godin's law terms.

Why do you keep trying to hammer home the point that this has "no impact on pinball" when you are the only one who keeps bringing that point up? Is that the new litmus test for Stern now? Is a project only successful or worth discussing among ourselves if it's a "something burger?"

#361 8 months ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

I’d like to meet the Supreme Douches that buy these.

image (resized).jpeg

#362 8 months ago

image (resized).jpeg

#363 8 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

the new "Hitler"

Where’s that hitler yelling video meme about this pin? I’m sure something funny could come out of this mess

#364 8 months ago

Killing yourself is another option, yes, but I wouldn't recommend it.

#366 8 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

ebay.com link » Supreme Chopsticks Red Fw17 Limited 100 Authentic
Wow

Yeah, I can't believe they're offering free shipping!
Wow indeed!

#367 8 months ago

Fuck I really want a supreme brick now

#368 8 months ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

I agree that the 12 games are probably Uncrate's allotment. No way they only make 12 of these games total.

Uncrate is not a vendor, it is a “lifestyle” publication featuring expensive or cool stuff (sometimes both).

#369 8 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

There could well have been 2 million clicks on the post. However, the people clicking these posts mostly have an attention span of <30 seconds, and have long since moved on to the next post of pumped up Kardashian lips or big asses.

I bet $50 that if you polled those 2 million people next week, they couldn’t even name one of the items that Supreme showed. Straight in - straight out. That’s the world we live in these days.

Sorry, but exposure to 2 million people is good no matter how you try to spin it. Even if one in one hundred took more than a passing glance at this and paid some attention that is still 20,000 people. 20,000 is WAY more than all of us pinball collectors combined. Not to mention that this brand apparently appeals to some people with money to spend.

As a side note, no one who I have asked ever heard of this theme. Even a few young people I work with who grew up skateboarding were clueless.

#370 8 months ago

I am about to download a Supreme brick into the Supreme throne.

#371 8 months ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I am about to download a Supreme brick into the Supreme throne.

That's more like an upload, altough it's facing a non-upwards direction.

#372 8 months ago

I'm supremely puzzled by this...

#373 8 months ago
Quoted from JoelOmatik:

I'm supremely uninterested in this candy cane vomit-looking game.

I have a feeling you are not their target audience.

#374 8 months ago

I still want one, doesn't look like its in the cards though, it's not worth a premium to me

#375 8 months ago

I really hope a few more people who have never heard of supreme can make a few more jokes using the word ‘supreme’...

#376 8 months ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I really hope a few more people who have never heard of supreme can make a few more jokes using the word ‘supreme’...

Once the sure-to-be-outrageous price is announced I'm looking forward to the "it better give me a hummer for that price!!!!" jokes.

People always seem to think they are the first to come up with that one.

#377 8 months ago

This is extremely funny to me.

#378 8 months ago

I’m curious how many Supreme products you’ve bought?

#379 8 months ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I’m curious how many Supreme products you’ve bought?

just tee's and 5

#380 8 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

ebay.com link » Supreme Chopsticks Red Fw17 Limited 100 Authentic
Wow

most of the stuff on ebay is fake. buy from urban necessities or stadium goods. 100 % real and they legit check everything. 15% off sitewide at sg today. chopsticks are about $100 or so

#381 8 months ago
Quoted from c508:

Uncrate is not a vendor, it is a “lifestyle” publication featuring expensive or cool stuff (sometimes both).

Got it. Thanks.

#382 8 months ago

The all-white cabinet is no joke for anyone with OCD.

Stern cabinet splits will show supreme

#383 8 months ago

most of the stuff on ebay is fake. buy from urban necessities or stadium goods. 100 % real and they legit check everything. 15% off sitewide at sg today. chopsticks are about $100 or so

Why should chopsticks be anywhere near $100? I mean stick a plastic spork in it ! ha ha

#384 8 months ago

Why should anything be anything I guess? If you get x dollars enjoyment from something then go for it.

I should get the chopsticks just to tick off the wife every time we eat sushi lol

#385 8 months ago

...this is the LE! lol

blank_playfield copy (resized).jpg

#386 8 months ago
Quoted from Erik:

Five bucks says you are misremembering a night of detox in the pokey

Ten bucks and a bottle of 3 Minute Miracle says I wish I was...

It's all fun and games for Dickface Dakich but watching this kid breaks my heart, it really does.

#387 8 months ago

But the eBay ad says it's NOT fake!!!

#388 8 months ago

Funny how I only heard of "Supreme" three days ago when this thread started. Then look at what popped up on the Chive app yesterday........
You can't make this shit up, no way!!!!

the Chive 2 13 18a (resized).PNG

the Chive 2 13 18b (resized).PNG

#389 8 months ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Funny how I only heard of "Supreme" three days ago when this thread started. Then look at what popped up on the Chive app yesterday........

Big brother is watching you..

#390 8 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Wal-Mart probably wouldn't want to put a pinball machine in each of their lobbies. They'd take up valuable space, they'd be a maintenance nightmare like all pinball, and they'd likely lose money on each machine. And most importantly, people who are playing pinball aren't shopping.

wal-marts did have pinball's on coin play back in the 90's I don't think they owned them.

#391 8 months ago

Why does this just have an DMD? and it looks like an white wood with an logo slapped on it. Also an basic playfield as well.

#392 8 months ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Ten bucks and a bottle of 3 Minute Miracle says I wish I was...
» YouTube video
It's all fun and games for Dickface Dakich but watching this kid breaks my heart, it really does.

That was incredible!

If my walmarts were like that I would so be buying my biker shorts and shampoos there instead of at Supreme

#393 8 months ago

Just pointing out the humor and absurdity in eight pages’ worth of folks losing their shit over something that will be made in a whopping quantity of 12!

I had only a passing awareness of Supreme a few days ago, but now that I’ve seen some of their sold-out products ($400 crowbar, $180 Zippo - truly outstanding!) and the ridiculous hype over a recycled discount store pinball machine I have no choice but to admit that they must be some kind of f’in geniuses!

(Damn, I just realized they got to me too, otherwise I wouldn’t have cared enough to bother chiming in! Well-played, Supreme!)

#394 8 months ago

The only Supreme anything I'll be buying involves making a run for the border.

#395 8 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

But here's an oldie!:

True story... This place is not even 10 minutes from where Stern used to be.

supreme_lobster_new_logo (resized).jpg

#396 8 months ago

You would be supremely correct!

#397 8 months ago

For the price these are gonna go for, it better give me a supreme hummer.

#398 8 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Once the sure-to-be-outrageous price is announced I'm looking forward to the "it better give me a hummer for that price!!!!" jokes.
People always seem to think they are the first to come up with that one.

Well, you did not have to wait long.

Quoted from vicjw66:

For the price these are gonna go for, it better give me a supreme hummer.

#399 8 months ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

True story... This place is not even 10 minutes from where Stern used to be.

Mmmmmm.....trendy....

#400 8 months ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Ironically, Chive also once showed on the front page, a game I had at Texas Pinball Festival....because it had freakin' googley eyes all over the backglass LOL. Exposure, yay! I have no doubt that led to as many new pinheads getting into the hobby as this marketing stunt will.

12 games. someone better do their job and post the price when it gets announced for all the lulz.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 89.00
Cabinet Parts
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5,599.99
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 5,799.99
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
€ 339.00
Displays
GermanGamingSupplies.com
$ 53.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 129.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 11.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
£ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 692 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 14.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside