IMG_2459 (resized).PNG
79564B04-9FCB-449B-A9CC-9ACC856AF7D4 (resized).jpeg
DBF6BA2D-D6FE-40A4-A5AB-1000BF0BD5CC (resized).jpeg
9E2F785C-7598-4B6C-AB31-62CA20385BFD (resized).png
IMG_0196.jpg
8798B930-E817-4016-98BD-943818A859ED (resized).jpeg
483BF004-36B4-4DE9-BCFF-F735CEC982C8 (resized).png
2EED3AC3-A4C2-4554-B44C-B657A34EBCD3 (resized).png
There are 705 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 15.
#301 6 years ago

If you put one on each lobby. Was my thought. Good sales. Parts needed across their whole organization. Possibly.

#302 6 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

If you put one on each lobby. Was my thought. Good sales. Parts needed across their whole organization. Possibly.

Wal-Mart probably wouldn't want to put a pinball machine in each of their lobbies. They'd take up valuable space, they'd be a maintenance nightmare like all pinball, and they'd likely lose money on each machine. And most importantly, people who are playing pinball aren't shopping.

#303 6 years ago

I also thought I would think Walmart have a third party even do this. Still in terms of just selling games. A large target. No pun intended.

#304 6 years ago

What I love about our Wal-Mart is that if you forgot to dress appropriately, they will loan you a pair of pajama pants. Also all the employees wear referee shirts just like our Denny's.

#305 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

What I love about our Wal-Mart is that if you forgot to dress appropriately, they will loan you a pair of pajama pants. Also all the employees wear referee shirts just like our Denny's.

Five bucks says you are misremembering a night of detox in the pokey

#306 6 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

We will have to wait and see how many are made, 100 units? Possibly 300 units? Not likely more than 1000 units.

According to UNCRATE the magic number is 12.

FAD7026E-FDED-4E78-B177-455B474729DC (resized).pngFAD7026E-FDED-4E78-B177-455B474729DC (resized).png

#307 6 years ago
Quoted from c508:

According to UNCRATE the magic number is 12.

12 could be just the amount that UNCRATE will be getting?

#308 6 years ago

"Typical pinball machines have gaudy designs"

Stern releases are the definition of a typical pinball machine these days. So they are selling out to supreme douchiness, don't blame 'em it's just a good business decision as they are getting paaaaaaaaaid for this

#310 6 years ago

12?

That's awesome.

This thing is gonna go for more than Magic Girl money. It's gonna make Big Bang Bar seem like a Zizzle.

I guarantee you a half-dozen pinheads are gonna pony up crazy-ass money to get one of these. I have a feeling we'll be seeing one at a certain soiled garment cleansing facility in NYC soon, whatever the cost.

#311 6 years ago

So more than the commissioned Aaron Spelling DE machines(2 I think?) that had the funny slap fight video mode.

#312 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Since George Gomez redesigned spiderman to make the spiderman home edition, can we assume he also designed this one?

Well its a retheme of it exact same layout, so yes.

#313 6 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

The good news is that in 20 years when the fad that is Supreme has passed; These machines will be cheap as hell on the resale market. It’s like Elvis merchandise, the value will rise until everyone collecting them moves on to something else, no one will be left who cares about the brand and the products will drop in price. .

So kind of like in 20 years when the fad of pinball passes and your entire collection is worthless?

#314 6 years ago

$49,999 is my guess if there is only 12.

#315 6 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

So kind of like in 20 years when the fad of pinball passes and your entire collection is worthless?

Only game I own is GoT, and I didn’t buy a NIB game because I was concerned about resale value, I bought it because it’s a keeper.

The pinheads that add this to their collection probably won’t be selling it anytime soon. But I bet the Supreme fanboys that buy it “just cause” will sell first.

#316 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I have a feeling we'll be seeing one at a certain soiled garment cleansing facility in NYC soon, whatever the cost.

That's one I won't need to pay to play, as I already have it! Do you think Stern will sell me a Supreme conversion kit?

#317 6 years ago

That's it.
I'm going to get a few Spiderman home models and start making knock-off converted bootlegs.

#318 6 years ago

Yeah, 12 machines are sure to make an impact.

#319 6 years ago

You guys are gonna make bootlegs to sell on Canal Street?!

#320 6 years ago

Easiest re-theme ever.

Colgate_2001.pngColgate_2001.png

#321 6 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

Easiest re-theme ever.

The colors are very trendy.

#322 6 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

Easiest re-theme ever.

I'm waiting on the Lionman re-theme.

Lionman! (1) (resized).pngLionman! (1) (resized).png

#323 6 years ago

I really love the art on this pin....

e8c (resized).jpge8c (resized).jpg

#324 6 years ago

Everything about this is repulsive.

#325 6 years ago

Haha 12 games, so much for the "this is awesome, it's going to introduce millions of people to pinball!" narrative.

Even for a retheme that's too much damn work for 12 games, I admit to being pretty curious about the economics of it all now. Can't wait to see what these actually sell for.

#326 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Haha 12 games, so much for the "this is awesome, it's going to introduce millions of people to pinball!" narrative.

I don't think anybody here expected millions of people were going to play or own this game. It's not a t-shirt. That's a false narrative nobody here was selling.

Project is an unqualified success, Stern got paid (a LOT I'm guessing), and millions have been "introduced" to pinball and the Stern company through millions of views via online media and press.

#327 6 years ago

I think it's a cool idea, I don't really understand all of the hate. Super limited machine for a company that focuses on selling limited stuff. It's not a look I care for or a game I want but more power to stern for making money on it.

#328 6 years ago

This is butt-ugly.

But I'm interested how they re-themed the code/ modes/ music.

#329 6 years ago

I’d like to meet the Supreme Douches that buy these.

#330 6 years ago

I'm in for one of the twelve, but only if it has coin mech's...

#331 6 years ago

I'm not sure about it being a full-size cabinet, but appears to have backbox hinges that Spider-Man Home did not.

Brad

SpiderMan_Home.jpgSpiderMan_Home.jpg

Supreme.pngSupreme.png

#332 6 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

I'm not sure about it being a full-size cabinet, but appears to have backbox hinges that Spider-Man Home did not.
Brad

It's a full size-cabinet. The exact same on on your AC/DC vault. Look how deep the cabinet is compared to the home version - there's inches of clearance where there is no Death star or other tall toys and ramps you usually see.

#333 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Project is an unqualified success, Stern got paid (a LOT I'm guessing), and millions have been "introduced" to pinball. I thought you understood that.

Because they saw an instagram post with a pin in it? Come on, that's meaningless. No one was introduced to anything. The whole "expanding the market" narrative of this thread fell on its face. It's a limited edition vanity project, and that's fine, I'm not hating on Stern for doing it. But this is as dumb as the idea that Magic Girl was going to make unannounced appearances at laundromats when it comes to spreading some pinball gospel.

That Saudi guy with the shitty looking Ferrari will buy one, his hanger on friends will play it, and that will be the end of the great pinball market expansion. A single Pinsider putting their first game on route will expose more people to real pinball.

#334 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's a full size-cabinet. The exact same on on your AC/DC vault. Look how deep the cabinet is compared to the home version - there's inches of clearance where there is no Death star or other tall toys and ramps you usually see.

Nice catch, I didn't notice. So I guess Spider-Man Home had a full-size playfield, I didn't realize that as I've never seen one in person. Now, on to an important question, when will we see the next lobster picture from you? I think it has been a few years since I last asked.

Brad

#335 6 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Nice catch, I didn't notice. So I guess Spider-Man Home had a full-size playfield, I didn't realize that as I've never seen one in person. Now, on to an important question, when will we see the next lobster picture from you? I think it has been a few years since I last asked.
Brad

It'll likely be a while since my GF is allergic to the goddamn things. But here's an oldie!:

lobster2 (resized).jpglobster2 (resized).jpg

#336 6 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I'm in for one of the twelve, but only if it has coin mech's...

Call the boys at PPS. They'll hook you up.

#337 6 years ago

oh-boy-i-hope-it-has-traditional-playfield-support-pegs (resized).jpgoh-boy-i-hope-it-has-traditional-playfield-support-pegs (resized).jpg

#338 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Because they saw an instagram post with a pin in it? Come on, that's meaningless. No one was introduced to anything. The whole "expanding the market" narrative of this thread fell on its face..

Please provide examples of this narrative? I don't believe it exists.

The narrative is "Stern made money, pinball gets exposure." 3 million views is exposure. Tons of free press for Stern is exposure. Nobody expected anything more.

The only thing falling flat on its face is your argument that somehow this project is a failure? Or this thread is a failure? I don't even really understand what you are trying to say, except that you are mad they are only making 12?

wood (resized).jpgwood (resized).jpg

#339 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Please provide examples of this narrative? I don't believe it exists.

I will freely admit to being too lazy to re-read 7 pages of thread to find examples, so I'll concede the argument and simply say that this is a funny little project, I'm not mad that it exists, and I personally believe the impact on pinball as a whole will be unmeasurably small.

#340 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I will freely admit to being too lazy to re-read 7 pages of thread to find examples, so I'll concede the argument and simply say that this is a funny little project, I'm not mad that it exists, and I personally believe the impact on pinball as a whole will be unmeasurably small.

Great. We all believe that.

Not sure why its necessary to "measure" the value of exposing millions of people to pinball. It's just a thing that happened, and for a community of people as enthusiastic about pinball as we are, you'd think that would be generally viewed as a good thing.

Now if Supreme would only release some LE 15 pound lobsters, I could get really excited.

#341 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

A single Pinsider putting their first game on route will expose more people to real pinball.

So those MILLION PLUS people who looked at this release don't really exist? None of them noticed the name "Stern". None of them said to themselves "they still make pinball machines? I need one for my crib"? I get what you mean by "real pinball" but on the other hand your argument is ridiculous.

#342 6 years ago

at last stern get rid of ter last garage sale parts whit supreme

#343 6 years ago

Its already in the Pinside games if you want to add it to your wishlist...

#344 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

None of them said to themselves "they still make pinball machines?

To be fair I think 99% will think exactly that... but Forget about it a second later and so it has no significance at all.

But that is all speculation and noone will or can proove anyone anything.

#345 6 years ago

There would have to more than 12 assembled. The executive or others on the executive team that came up the idea might want one, Supreme might want one for the break room (If it is a brick and mortar business.). So.. just to guess, 15 may be the total production? Now we know that Stern Pinball will do small runs, but what would the cost be per unit?

#346 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Because they saw an instagram post with a pin in it? Come on, that's meaningless. No one was introduced to anything.

Not true. I was introduced to a brand that sells common items with their generic looking logo for a 500% mark up.

End result though is I have the same amount of interest in the brand now as I did when I didn't even know they existed.

#347 6 years ago

I keep mistaking the sideways "e" in the middle of the playfield for an unfinished Phillies logo. It's pitchers and catchers day so that is probably why my mind jumps to baseball.

2000px-Philadelphia_Phillies_Insignia_svg (resized).png2000px-Philadelphia_Phillies_Insignia_svg (resized).png

64e4459de8d8e06aa0c2dad63f5a322b0ed570b1 (resized).png64e4459de8d8e06aa0c2dad63f5a322b0ed570b1 (resized).png

#348 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Its already in the Pinside games if you want to add it to your wishlist...

Some guy already reviewed it as well.

#349 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

So those MILLION PLUS people who looked at this release don't really exist? None of them noticed the name "Stern". None of them said to themselves "they still make pinball machines? I need one for my crib"? I get what you mean by "real pinball" but on the other hand your argument is ridiculous.

Aurichs argument is on point.

There could well have been 2 million clicks on the post. However, the people clicking these posts mostly have an attention span of <30 seconds, and have long since moved on to the next post of pumped up Kardashian lips or big asses.

I bet $50 that if you polled those 2 million people next week, they couldn’t even name one of the items that Supreme showed. Straight in - straight out. That’s the world we live in these days.

As far as Stern goes, good on Gary. Take the money buddy!!

rd

#350 6 years ago

I don't use Instagram, so I'm not sure how accurate these numbers are or what their true significance is, but pinball is seemingly better received than sledding and shredding.

Supreme guitar (12/14/2017) - 1,029,648 views, 155k likes and 4,346 comments
Supreme sled (12/27/2017) - 1,441,598 views, 193k likes and 4,072 comments
Supreme pinball (2/11/2017) - 1,830,002 views, 452k likes and 14.4k comments

FWIW, the infamous brick got: 42.6k likes, and only 1,026 comments:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BK52LRBBIQv/?taken-by=supremenewyork

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 705 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-x-supreme-new-machine/page/7?hl=guinnesstime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.