IMG_2459 (resized).PNG
79564B04-9FCB-449B-A9CC-9ACC856AF7D4 (resized).jpeg
DBF6BA2D-D6FE-40A4-A5AB-1000BF0BD5CC (resized).jpeg
9E2F785C-7598-4B6C-AB31-62CA20385BFD (resized).png
IMG_0196.jpg
8798B930-E817-4016-98BD-943818A859ED (resized).jpeg
483BF004-36B4-4DE9-BCFF-F735CEC982C8 (resized).png
2EED3AC3-A4C2-4554-B44C-B657A34EBCD3 (resized).png

There are 705 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 15.
#251 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

That's waaaaayyyy different!!

Not if you are gonna dump on people for "advertising in their home" it ain't. It's exactly the same thing.

Some people like rock bands brands, some people like douchey lifestyle brands. I don't see the difference. At all.

#252 6 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

They likely had a ton of these left over.

Man what a TERRIBLE choice of playfields for a retheme. Spiderman home is fun, but SO easy and lasts forever. Guess I'll never put it out on location. I have no idea what supreme is but I like the look and the simplicity, but the PF design just doesn't work. What the heck is the point of the coin door, nobody will put this on location anyways.

#253 6 years ago

Warhol thought bums on the corner were drinking Coke! Now that's douchey!!

CnUCbdnUIAA-sJL (resized).jpgCnUCbdnUIAA-sJL (resized).jpg

#254 6 years ago

Diana Ross wants three.

#255 6 years ago

I just read this online ".Since most people don’t own pinball machines in their homes" they sure don't know anyof us.

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2018/2/12/17003642/supreme-stern-pinball-machine-ss18

A price hasn’t yet been announced, but given that Stern pinball machines retail for around $6,000 to $8,000, we can probably expect that this one will cost way more. You think Supreme would be upstaged by a Ghostbusters pinball machine? I don’t think so. Since most people don’t own pinball machines in their homes, it’s certainly worth playing at least once for 25 cents a pop if you see it in any retail shops. It’s a fully functioning, playable game, and it’s definitely not as useless as a Supreme-branded brick.

#256 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

So does anyone think these will actually sell? $100 bricks are different than $4k or whatever. KISS Army never translated over to sales so I don’t know if any brand will. Millions of instagram views notwithstanding.

Supreme managed to sell ~$40,000 Louis Vuitton/supreme skateboard sets so I think they’ll be able to pull off a few hundred pinball machines quite easily

#257 6 years ago

It's a Supreme piece of crap.

#258 6 years ago

Skating and New York is like surfing and Wyoming...

#259 6 years ago

Not sure if Color DMD will release one for this game. The only color is red

#260 6 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Skating and New York is like surfing and Wyoming...

Obviously you're not a golfer

#261 6 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Not sure if Color DMD will release one for this game. The only color is red

HI RES in red please.

#262 6 years ago

As soon as my stache fills in, I’m buying one.

0C943EAF-3589-44F9-ABAD-372C48BFDDDB (resized).jpeg0C943EAF-3589-44F9-ABAD-372C48BFDDDB (resized).jpeg

#263 6 years ago

Going to be easy to do play field and cabinet touch ups in the future!
I personally think it looks killer. I also like throwback 80's sounds too, if it stays that way.
Would love more video and images of play field as it looks clean and straight forward.
" If you don't get it, Don't get it"

#264 6 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

I also like throwback 80's sounds too, if it stays that way.

Yeah that sound package kicks ass

#265 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I don't think it's a fair comparison. PBR game actually has original, detailed art on it. This one doesn't. Comparing the two, at least in that deparment, is an extreme disservice to Dirty Donny..

I agree 100%, hence my comment.

#266 6 years ago

This game looks like a work of art to me (probably in part because (like previously mentioned) it rips off Barbara Kruger pretty bad). It'd look great in Patrick Bateman's apartment. I'd like to see it next to some Robert Longo prints, always loved Men in the Cities, would probably look nice together. If I get one I just might decorate...

6a0115709fcdbf970b014e89c47805970d (resized).jpg6a0115709fcdbf970b014e89c47805970d (resized).jpg

#267 6 years ago

Now that I think of it, with Patrick's obsession with brands and status, this machine would be in his apt, no doubt!

Hey Paul? You like pinball?!

Hey Paul (resized).jpgHey Paul (resized).jpg

#268 6 years ago

After reading about Supreme, you have to admit, it's a match. Also, it's probably the quickest work day Stern had for this pin. The art package is slightly above a whitewood, no voice actors to pay, and generic sound FX(From what I saw in the video).

What gets me(myself included) is that people would pay to advertise for someone else(a shirt with a brand logo on it). But that's America.

#269 6 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

After reading about Supreme, you have to admit, it's a match. Also, it's probably the quickest work day Stern had for this pin. The art package is slightly above a whitewood, no voice actors to pay, and generic sound FX(From what I saw in the video).

Plus, Stern knows that a Supreme "loyalist" won't complain about dimpling, ghosting, or lack of code/deep ruleset. Ideal customer!

#270 6 years ago

"It looks ok, but you just have to wonder what JJP would have done with it....."

#271 6 years ago

Pinball for a brand new audience, a good idea.
It might unconventional in terms of development, but if it works, it works.
Layout and toys is reminiscent of other Stern games.
Not much to look at in terms of artwork, but I get the point here.

Not every game is meant for diehard "pinheads".

#272 6 years ago

I really don't think Stern made this theme for the small crowd on Pinside. Stern is brilliant to branch out past themes made for barcades, bowling alleys, home use, etc. Pinball is growing and kicking butt world wide. Expect more themes for more companies doing what all the consumers want, not just the few of us. I am curious how many they're making, the final cost, resale, etc. I'll be at the Stern booth March 28 asking and wondering.

Did you see the new Tic Tac gum commercial? Expect to see more pinball used in many new ways.

https://ispot.tv/a/wx0x

#273 6 years ago

Remember when we could all agree on art packages? Those were the good old days. But seriously, the Worhal quote fits pretty well. Outside of that the hate seems misguided but I don't like art and the brand history doesn't give me the feels. That said I love Dirty Donnies work in pinball and every time o-din says he's not Big Daddy drives me bonkers. Art is subjective and we should be more welcoming to new people taking an interest in pinball.

#274 6 years ago

Hadn't heard of Supreme before. Did some research and people spend crazy cash on their merch. BUT more people being exposed to pinball is great in my book.
I had to make a shirt to point out how nuts it is to waste money on the stuff (hell, they should be saving for a pin with all that cash!).

https://teespring.com/supremely-tired-of-the-hype#pid=2&cid=2122&sid=front

SUPRSHEEP (resized).jpgSUPRSHEEP (resized).jpg

#275 6 years ago

This game looks like it would have been just perfect for Reciprocal Skateboards in NYC... sigh....

#276 6 years ago
Quoted from Knapp_Arcade:

I so need to order one of these shirts now that I know what all the hype is about. Fantastic and more my speed at twenty bucks.
https://teespring.com/shop/nacho-supreme#pid=2&cid=2122&sid=front

beef supreme (resized).pngbeef supreme (resized).png

#277 6 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

This game looks like a work of art to me (probably in part because (like previously mentioned) it rips off Barbara Kruger pretty bad). It'd look great in Patrick Bateman's apartment. I'd like to see it next to some Robert Longo prints, always loved Men in the Cities, would probably look nice together. If I get one I just might decorate...

You might like the supreme x Robert Longo collab then aha http://www.supremenewyork.com/news/444

#278 6 years ago

God, that thing is UGLY!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#279 6 years ago

Stern makes home brew games now?

#280 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

God, that thing is UGLY!

I kind of like it. Should be in an art gallery.

#281 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Should be in an art gallery.

Agree

#282 6 years ago

The good news is that in 20 years when the fad that is Supreme has passed; These machines will be cheap as hell on the resale market. It’s like Elvis merchandise, the value will rise until everyone collecting them moves on to something else, no one will be left who cares about the brand and the products will drop in price. No one into long term pinball collecting will give a damn about an all red and white game.

Also, I’d assume that for every million views this machine’s video gets, its probably 99% normal people watching in awe of what the brand has marketed this time. 0.9% that are fanboys that look and dream of one day being able to afford one, the next 0.09% will actually have the wealth to afford one, but it’s way easier to get $500 from dad for a hoodie then it is to get $10 000 from dad for a huge pinball machine. So their marketing to 0.01% of their audience. The ones with more money then brains.

#283 6 years ago

What happened is a billion dollar company asked Stern to make a pinball machine that looks like nothing we've ever seen, exposing our hobby to millions from a younger generation.

#284 6 years ago

That sideart though!

#285 6 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

The good news is that in 20 years when the fad that is Supreme has passed; These machines will be cheap as hell on the resale market. It’s like Elvis merchandise, the value will rise until everyone collecting them moves on to something else, no one will be left who cares about the brand and the products will drop in price. No one into long term pinball collecting will give a damn about an all red and white game.
Also, I’d assume that for every million views this machine’s video gets, its probably 99% normal people watching in awe of what the brand has marketed this time. 0.9% that are fanboys that look and dream of one day being able to afford one, the next 0.09% will actually have the wealth to afford one, but it’s way easier to get $500 from dad for a hoodie then it is to get $10 000 from dad for a huge pinball machine. So their marketing to 0.01% of their audience. The ones with more money then brains.

20 years? They all will be ready for a re-theme job in a couple of years from now... tops!

#286 6 years ago

I wonder if this also has an auto plunger? How do they handle multi-ball? Do you have to manually shoot each ball?

#288 6 years ago

I am trying to think of something positive to say...

Currently, having some difficulty.

This is the only supreme.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#289 6 years ago

Wonder if we ever find out the amount they will produce of this...

#290 6 years ago

Never seen stern powder coat a coin door from factory.

#291 6 years ago

This is one of their new lines of games. They currently have 4 different types of games that they produce. This game would fit in their contract category (like whoa nellie, pabst blue ribbon).

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-categories-of-new-releases

Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Stern makes home brew games now?

#292 6 years ago

So I'm a clueless, un-hip, oldster. (Get off my damn lawn you kids!)
Just looked at the Supreme website.
Now I have to go to my parents house and search through their closets for valuable vintage clothes.
Who knew leisure suits are back in style?
I swear this exact suit is in my Dad's closet from 1974.

suit (resized).jpgsuit (resized).jpg

#293 6 years ago

I am going to pass on this one holding out for the Walmart or McDonald’s pin!

#294 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

What about kitchen knightmares you can listen to chef Ramsey cursing at you the whole game for not playing better. You can also lock balls in a microwave.

#295 6 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

What about kitchen knightmares you can listen to chef Ramsey cursing at you the whole game for not playing better. You can also lock balls in a microwave.

I would have to play that one first! LOL.

#296 6 years ago

I don't get it. But I don't need to get it. If it exposes pinball to a new market, and brings in a boat load of money for Stern, then I'm all for it.

#297 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Wal Mart pin. There are about 6363 wal marts open. 1 in each lobby puts you close to 10000 installed units off the bat. Wal mart pin could be fun but the best things about a wal mart pin would prevent the license from selling to them. In my opinion.

an unlicensed wal Mart pin would be a strange hit I think.

You could just call it super store.

#298 6 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

Wal Mart pin. There are about 6363 wal marts open. 1 in each lobby puts you close to 10000 installed units off the bat. Wal mart pin could be fun but the best things about a wal mart pin would prevent the license from selling to them. In my opinion.
an unlicensed wal Mart pin would be a strange hit I think.
You could just call it super store.

I think Stern should hire me.

I would start with some new Target graphics and bullseye back glass that would swap out for the supreme logos.
Sell sell sell!! Let’s go!!!

#299 6 years ago

Since George Gomez redesigned spiderman to make the spiderman home edition, can we assume he also designed this one?

#300 6 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

There are about 6363 wal marts open. 1 in each lobby puts you close to 10000 installed units off the bat.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
58,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 705 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-x-supreme-new-machine/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.