IMG_2459 (resized).PNG
79564B04-9FCB-449B-A9CC-9ACC856AF7D4 (resized).jpeg
DBF6BA2D-D6FE-40A4-A5AB-1000BF0BD5CC (resized).jpeg
9E2F785C-7598-4B6C-AB31-62CA20385BFD (resized).png
IMG_0196.jpg
8798B930-E817-4016-98BD-943818A859ED (resized).jpeg
483BF004-36B4-4DE9-BCFF-F735CEC982C8 (resized).png
2EED3AC3-A4C2-4554-B44C-B657A34EBCD3 (resized).png
There are 705 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 15.
#151 6 years ago
Quoted from nik2000:

more pictures for those that are interested (along with pictures of supremes latest fashion offerings)
http://www.supremenewyork.com/previews/springsummer2018/accessories/supreme-stern-pinball-machine

I'm surprised that they put it first in the series. This is going to instantly sell out. They did Rolexes a few years ago and they sold out within five minutes.

I wonder what day they'll release.

#152 6 years ago

I'm not crazy psyched, but I want one, only if it was priced within the normal Stern pro range. I'd want to throw it on location for 4-8 months too, but an all white cab in a dive bar?

#153 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't like judging people based on what they like. ......But it shouldn't come as a surprise that a douchey brand attracts douchey people. I know some real idiots who love Supreme gear, and that for sure colors my impression of anyone I see wearing it.

Not judging, Aurich? mmmmmmok. I'll do it AND admit it.

Seriously, I AM judging. You Supreme brand buyers are morons.

#154 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

I actually looked today and there are around 10 videos with over 2 million views... But they are of DIY pinball and candy dispensing pinball etc.
This has to be the most successful launch of any pinball mahcine ever. History has been made. 1.5+ million views in less than 24 hours!
I mean star wars didn't even get anywhere near that.
Hate to say this but deeproot are kinda right when they said that the pinball community can be a 'close minded echo chamber'
How can this be bad for pinball? Sell it for 100 bucks or 50k. Sell it to douche bags. I don't care. Just introducing new people to pinball in any form is exactly what this hobby needs.
Well done to stern.
And a side note. Well done to the guy who styled it. Might be a simole made with a minimalist art package but it had stuff that even LEs and super LEs don't have.
Colored glass channel
Non black powder coated coin door.
Instructions cards that aren't yellow..
Custom coloured shooter housing.
Colored speaker backing and grill
There are plenty more.... Can you spot them all?

Now I can hear many people crying "nooo, more interest and awareness will make the prices go up!!!"

Which is a sad consequence of more people getting to know pinball. =)

#155 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Now I can hear many people crying "nooo, more interest and awareness will make the prices go up!!!"

Which is a sad consequence of more people getting to know pinball. =)

Actually, in reference to a lot of Pinsiders complaining about prices going up, this Supreme dealio is a super smart move by Stern. How does a company like Stern find a market to sell pins to if their current customers (operators and home collectors/players) are constantly complaining about every new release price going up, up, and up with no end to increases in sight? Try to find a new set of customers with endlessly deep pockets, that's how. The Supreme customers do not seem to care that they're getting repeatedly fleeced by Supreme, in fact.. they welcome it! Therefore, they won't care if they're getting fleeced by a pinball company such as Stern, should they get hooked on pinball through this initial Supreme branded machine. Smart move Stern. Smart move!!

#156 6 years ago

I'm going to wait and play it on location.

1 play = $20
3 plays for $50

#157 6 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

Ok. My freshman son buys Supreme items and resells them on line. I had no idea what it is or why people pay outrageous prices, but he's made over $1000 this winter. He just came down stairs with a wild look in his eye. Showed me the video and and said he's going to pay for college with this thing. The boy is a real capitalist.

Lmao yes yes!!! My son also do the same lol made lots money too lol

#158 6 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Blah Blah Blah Im Aurich I understand everything, even the stuff the kids are into. Im a hip california dude....lol.

Dont listen to this guy. Im not sure why any one does. Opinions unwanted.

#159 6 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

There’s zero chance stern approached supreme. Other way around and stern agreed to make the game.

Whatevs. It’s the collab that matters. Stern gets so much visibility. Pinball gets “discovered” by a whole different section of the population that fancy’s themselves as trend setters. Very interesting development.

#160 6 years ago

When do they announce pricing?

#161 6 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Yeah I’m not buying 800$ retail shirts when supremes are 44$

You have perfectly illustrated the point why Supreme's entire concept is horsesh-t, and anyone buying into it is a fool. This EXACT STATEMENT is absolutely no different than me saying "Why in the hell would I buy a 44$ Supreme shirt when I can get a 4$ Hanes"

SMH.

Quoted from Aurich:

text in a box is cool

It's boring. It's not even a visually interesting font.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

figure out exactly what it is first before you start whining about it.

Why do you assume this took anyone with half a brain more than 5 minutes of Google search to figure out? It's immediately obvious when you go look at what comes up that the entire company is built around leeching off the consumer, with fake ass limited availability and overpriced everything. It's not like this crap is made of anything rare, or special. It's not painstakingly hand made and engineered like a 400k watch. It's just the same ol' s--t we all buy, with a logo slapped on it. It's totally absurd. CHOPSTICKS AND BRICKS, COME ON.

#162 6 years ago

I hate to think what Stern will do if they find that they can sell a crappy re-branded zizzle for a huge amount of cash. What will this do for the future of Stern pinball marketing and production?

#163 6 years ago

This thread is further confirmation that Pinside is full of out of touch, old, white guys.

#164 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I hate to think what Stern will do if they find that they can sell a crappy re-branded zizzle for a huge amount of cash. What will this do for the future of Stern pinball marketing and production?

Give them a bunch of extra money to use to build more games? Sounds awesome to me.

#165 6 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

When do they announce pricing?

they dont lol, supreme are very secretive - beyond what they've written on their site they probably won't give any more information at all (including quantities/release date/pricing) and you would have to wait until the release to find out.

#166 6 years ago
Quoted from nik2000:

they dont lol, supreme are very secretive - beyond what they've written on their site they probably won't give any more information at all (including quantities/release date/pricing) and you would have to wait until the release to find out.

Exactly. This pin is for Supreme Hypebeasts, not pinsiders.
Game layout aside, did people lose their minds when "No Fear" was made?
Another brand people feel strong about.
Companies making moves to keep this thing we love going.
If Stern did everything pinside wanted, they would have been gone years ago.

#167 6 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

No. The issue isn't that this is a branded theme, the issue most here have is that is a very douchey theme marketed to douches with more money than sense.

#168 6 years ago

oh Pinside!

#169 6 years ago

On the note of the "reskin", I streamed the Spider-man home edition.
It's a pretty fun game.

#170 6 years ago

Anything that brings attention to pinball is great. But man, Supreme really is the worst. Their entire design aesthetic is straight up stolen from an artist... who they then later tried to sue for 10 million dollars for copyright infringement. Truthfully I'd rather have a Brooks Brothers pinball haha. I do think the machine itself looks strikingly nice.

Link for the curious:

https://www.theodysseyonline.com/real-hero-behind-supreme

#171 6 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

This should be a red flag. When I agree with this guy?

Quoted from PoMC:This thread is further confirmation that Pinside is full of out of touch, old, white guys.

Better to be an out of touch "old white guy" at 36 than to be a broke ass millennial overpaying for everything for the manufactured 'prestige' of it. Thank you!

Quoted from DeadFlip:

Another brand people feel strong about.

At least that game has actual art, sound, and rules. At least that game wasn't a recycled layout.

Come on Jack.... we know 'doing your thing' relies heavily on Stern at this point, but you don't have to step up to bat for them on something as ludicrous as this. They're going to make money, yay! That will allow them to keep developing real games, YAY! Claiming this will bring in any functional number of positive contributors to pinball at large? LOL. Like you guys say.. 'it's not for us'....and 'us' is people that regularly want to buy games, that will be buying games without marketing stunts like this, and that support the aftermarket. People buying a Supreme pin mostly aren't going to do that. They are the epitome of short attention spans. They're going to stick the thing in a corner, turn it on 5 times ever, and flop out their "oh look at me" of the week, and then move on to buying a Supreme branded 800 dollar thermos the week after.

#172 6 years ago

That's a fucked up catalogue. Axes, Pinball, Chicken Dinner Ashtrays, the fuck?

#173 6 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

That's a fucked up catalogue. Axes, Pinball, Chicken Dinner Ashtrays, the fuck?

welcome to the world of supreme

#174 6 years ago

Jack, love ya man, but this customer base is the very definition of poser.
AGAIN...good for Stern.
pos·er1
ˈpōzər/Submit
noun
a person who acts in an affected manner in order to impress others.
synonyms: exhibitionist, poseur, posturer, fake; informalshow-off
"he's such a poser"

#175 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

This should be a red flag. When I agree with this guy?

Better to be an out of touch "old white guy" at 36 than to be a broke ass millennial overpaying for everything for the manufactured 'prestige' of it. Thank you!

At least that game has actual art, sound, and rules. At least that game wasn't a recycled layout.
Come on Jack.... we know 'doing your thing' relies heavily on Stern at this point, but you don't have to step up to bat for them on something as ludicrous as this. They're going to make money, yay! That will allow them to keep developing real games, YAY! Claiming this will bring in any functional number of positive contributors to pinball at large? LOL. Like you guys say.. 'it's not for us'....and 'us' is people that regularly want to buy games, that will be buying games without marketing stunts like this, and that support the aftermarket. People buying a Supreme pin mostly aren't going to do that. They are the epitome of short attention spans. They're going to stick the thing in a corner, turn it on 5 times ever, and flop out their "oh look at me" of the week, and then move on to buying a Supreme branded 800 dollar thermos the week after.

Doing my thing relies on people, and I'm not in the market for calling others douches or posers. That's how you keep new people out. I'm not okay with that.
If someone who can afford to get their hands on this, wants to learn more about pinball and where to find help, rules, etc, and stumbles upon this thread... You just lost another potential pinhead.

I personally love the look of this pin, the 'Supreme' doesn't speak to me, but the layout is fun if you play it.
I'm only stuck in this thread because I literally came in here to celebrate and found mostly negative things.
Can't change that, but I will say this pin is confirmed fun to play. This isn't them throwing a turd out to the public.

#176 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Jack, love ya man, but this customer base is the very definition of poser.
AGAIN...good for Stern.
pos·er1
ˈpōzər/Submit
noun
a person who acts in an affected manner in order to impress others.
synonyms: exhibitionist, poseur, posturer, fake; informalshow-off
"he's such a poser"

Shit... I'm a POSER! <3

#177 6 years ago

Lol. You impress others with some hard earned skills, not your wallet. Big difference.

#178 6 years ago

i hope they work in a "stand in line for days" multiball, "get out your wallet" hurry-up and a "total-poser" wizard-mode.

#179 6 years ago

I could be wrong. I've heard you carry one of these...
bad-mother-fucker-wallet4 (resized).jpgbad-mother-fucker-wallet4 (resized).jpg

#180 6 years ago

Oh, don't get me wrong. I've watched several vids of the spiderman version, and I think it's a fine product at a weird price point. I'm all for Stern doing 'throwback' type gameplay with simpler rules and oldschool art design. But this isn't about Spiderman, and I never said anything about the layout other than it's recycled...which....it........is?

Frankly, you can be worried about the inclusiveness towards people that are blindly suckered into INHERENTLY EXCLUSIVE items. I don't care. I don't have to like people buying into this garbage any more than I like flippers scoring every damn decent project within 500 miles of me. There's nothing 'inclusive' about this brand. It's entire premise is based on the concept of exclusion via fake limited availability. I see no reason to welcome that into any part of my life, pinball or not.

#181 6 years ago

I admire a brand that can make millions from nothing more than applying a graphics scheme to an every day product and charge 50x the price. Rely on brand perception and peer pressure, which are 2 things always present in society.

Grey Goose drinkers, here's a great read on this a few years back from NY Mag.

"The man behind Grey Goose vodka understood that Americans want to pay more—You just have to give them a good story. Now he has a new tale to tell. it’s about a tequila called Corazón."

http://nymag.com/nymetro/news/bizfinance/biz/features/10816/

Screen Shot 2018-02-12 at 9.52.31 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-02-12 at 9.52.31 AM (resized).png

#182 6 years ago

Man, remember when skaters were punks, stoners and metalheads? Now it's all rich preppie boys.

#183 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Lol. You impress others with some hard earned skills, not your wallet. Big difference.

I owe you a firm handshake my friend.

Quoted from Gryszzz:I could be wrong. I've heard you carry one of these...

Dammit. Now I need that.

#184 6 years ago

You couldn't pay me to play that hideous box of douche

#185 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Frankly, you can be worried about the inclusiveness towards people that are blindly suckered into INHERENTLY EXCLUSIVE items. I don't care. I don't have to like people buying into this garbage any more than I like flippers scoring every damn decent project within 500 miles of me. There's nothing 'inclusive' about this brand. It's entire premise is based on the concept of exclusion via fake limited availability. I see no reason to welcome that into any part of my life, pinball or not.

I assume you boycott and chastise people who either make or purchase LE games then, is that correct? Or is some exclusivity "via fake limited availability" acceptable as long as you enjoy the product?

#186 6 years ago

Wouldn't staring at a bright red playfield like this hurt your eyes after a while? Not sure if this is even meant to be played in the first place.

#187 6 years ago

When Kaneda claims credit for this Pinside is going to break the Internet.

#188 6 years ago

I can picture what the meeting between Gary and the employees was like. (Gary) "Hey guys this company called Supreme contacted me and wanted us to make them pinball machines" (Employee at Stern) "That's a real douchey company Gary. Tell them we will contract it for $5k per machine. They can afford it. (Gary) "Really? Ok then who is going to design it?" (Employees) "No one. Just take the spider man home edition and get Supremes art department to send us the print they want"

This pin prob took a week to get together and get approved by Supreme. Stern already gets paid and has nothing to do with it after it is out of their door. They don't have to market it or anything. Supreme is buying them and selling them. This deal prob helped Stern hire the 3 additional programmers which is a good thing. With pinball getting more popular I can see Stern doing this more often with brands. Easy money for them with minimal effort.

#189 6 years ago

That Instagram post has 1.6 million views....

#190 6 years ago

The ultimate in irony: a community who claims to love Pinball is somehow upset about a new pinball machine.

#191 6 years ago
Quoted from speederice:

Wouldn't staring at a bright red playfield like this hurt your eyes after a while? Not sure if this is even meant to be played in the first place.

Just wait until the clown pukers fill it with red LEDs.

#192 6 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

This isn't them throwing a turd out to the public.

Naw, it's just a golden turd. Just as ridiculous as civet cat feces coffee and $640 goverment toilet seats.

#193 6 years ago

I have no interest in this, but the fact that it exists is only a positive thing. Sure, some jerkwad "look at me!" fashion tryhard will end up buying it, but so what? Not everything needs to be for us, and it gives Stern an injection of cash from a new source (albeit on a short run). It's no different than when Apple makes a tiny run of gold iPhones or a watch maker makes a limited run of ridiculously blinged out watches to sell to some rich CEOs that don't tell time any better than any other of their watches. These products aren't for us.

The Spider-Man Home Edition is kinda fun. There's a lot of cost cutting in the build (simultaneous pop bumpers firing, simple mechs, etc.), but I highly doubt the buyer of this Supreme pinball machine is going to care much. It's a trophy of sorts.

$100k by Christmas.

#194 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's a lifestyle brand that people spend thousands and thousands of dollars on annually. It's not for broke skateboarders, it's for rich kids, or ones who want to look like they are.
It's probably the biggest streetwear brand in the world, if you haven't heard of it that's just because you probably give people who say "streetwear" a blank look. Don't get me wrong, your life isn't missing anything because you haven't heard of Supreme, but it is a genuinely large phenomenon.

Thanks for the information, Aurich. I will chalk not knowing what "Supreme" or "streetwear" is to the fact that I long ago passed the time in my life that a logo on anything impressed me in the least. In fact, I would say my life experiences are similar to yours. Almost universally the people I've known, directly or indirectly, that were attracted to these "brands" were using this to make up for some enormous deficiency or inadequacy in their own lives.

#195 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Rich enough that you have $300 in disposable income to spend on something that makes you happy? No one should throw stones about spending stupid money on stupid things on a forum for people who think it's reasonable to own pinball machines.

I wasn't throwing stones. I honestly don't care what people spend their money on, and I find no issue with this machine or brand, except I think it would have been cooler if it was an original layout, not a re-used one (but they put their logo on a brick, so maybe originality is not their thing). I have $300 disposable income, but wonder how much I would actually need to not care about spending it on a t-shirt, or from another angle, what it's like to value a t-shirt that much. To each their own. I own a lot of stupid shit.

#196 6 years ago

Stern has impressed me with this one. What they lack in quality and innovation, they make up for in business marketing. When your product no longer justifies the price, target those who don’t care, but must have it anyway.
Good job Stern.

#197 6 years ago

I just want to know which mod maker is going to step up here. I already see lots of opportunities to add a mini Supreme Kayak and lifejacket, lighted cactus keychain, thermos, alphabet vase, chicken dinner ash tray and axe to the game. Instead of the standard $69.99 for a light up toy, now you could charge $269.99.

#198 6 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I just want to know which mod maker is going to step up here. I already see lots of opportunities to add a mini Supreme Kayak and lifejacket, lighted cactus keychain, thermos, alphabet vase, chicken dinner ash tray and axe to the game. Instead of the standard $69.99 for a light up toy, now you could charge $269.99. Maybe get an acrylic topper that says "Supreme" on it and some Supreme art blades. Oh yeah.

I wouldn’t want to be the mod maker that tries to use the Supreme logo.

#199 6 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I wouldn’t want to be the mod maker that tries to use the Supreme logo.

They can just make the toys red...not like there is anything special about them anyway.

#200 6 years ago

When I saw Supreme, I was hoping it was an Idiocracy pin.

beef_supreme (resized).pngbeef_supreme (resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 705 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-x-supreme-new-machine/page/4?hl=normscoffee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.