IMG_2459 (resized).PNG
79564B04-9FCB-449B-A9CC-9ACC856AF7D4 (resized).jpeg
DBF6BA2D-D6FE-40A4-A5AB-1000BF0BD5CC (resized).jpeg
9E2F785C-7598-4B6C-AB31-62CA20385BFD (resized).png
IMG_0196.jpg
8798B930-E817-4016-98BD-943818A859ED (resized).jpeg
483BF004-36B4-4DE9-BCFF-F735CEC982C8 (resized).png
2EED3AC3-A4C2-4554-B44C-B657A34EBCD3 (resized).png
There are 705 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 15.
#101 6 years ago

Never heard of supreme...
But I am crazy enough to buy one of these Tshirts at $30 and it is not even limited edition...

510146C2-A078-4237-9978-49421AE337D5 (resized).png510146C2-A078-4237-9978-49421AE337D5 (resized).png

#102 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Supreme to me means sour cream and tomatoes

No, supreme means ham, green peppers, mushrooms, and onions

#103 6 years ago

Thank God. Pinside's been runnin real low on whiny, entitled asshats with more money than sense lately. Can't wait till these buyers get on here.

#104 6 years ago

Not a very good analogy Norm.
NORM!
norm (resized).jpgnorm (resized).jpg
Sure the Super LE was douchey but you can actually play and enjoy it. A brick? You can,...well...lay it,...or,....smack yer buddy that bought it across his milquetoast, smarmy face with it that's about it.
Good on Stern though. Smart marketing for sure.

#105 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Not a very good analogy Norm (NORM!). Sure the Super LE was douchey but you can actually play and enjoy it. A brick? You can,...well...lay it,...or,....smack yer buddy that bought it across his milquetoast, smarmy face...that's about it.
Good on Stern though. Smart marketing for sure.

Do you think people who spend money on artwork are "douches" (again not my phrasing)?

#106 6 years ago

Better analogy. But art takes thought, and a skill set. Stamping a brick with a logo requires neither. Not trying to spar with ya, I love SC.
But I know posers when I see them.

#107 6 years ago

In case you guys didnt notice... this machine isn't for us. You should all be excited that pinball is breaking into other markets/crowds beside pinheads. I think this is freaking awesome. No, I don't want one, but the idea is great and more pinball machines is good no matter what the theme. Just because we don't understand it doesn't mean shit. love you all.

#108 6 years ago

Very strange!!!

#109 6 years ago
Quoted from ngreenup:

In case you guys didnt notice... this machine isn't for us. You should all be excited that pinball is breaking into other markets/crowds beside pinheads. I think this is freaking awesome. No, I don't want one, but the idea is great and more pinball machines is good no matter what the theme. Just because we don't understand it doesn't mean shit. love you all.

I think most of us get that, but we still can have an at best lukewarm opinion on the pin, and an even less positive opinion of the "Fake LE" item brand itself. I don't think anybody will be losing sleep over this, and the worst case scenario is it creates some more pinheads and generally increases the pool of those who are aware that you can buy a pinball for your house.

And if you are targeting those new customers, they may as well be well off people with more money than sense ; even among pinheads Stern is running out of noobs to burn.

#110 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

takes thought, and a skill set. Stamping a brick with a logo requires neither. Not trying to spar with ya, I love SC.

Quoted from Gryszzz:

Better analogy. But art takes thought, and a skill set. Stamping a brick with a logo requires neither. Not trying to spar with ya, I love SC.
But I know posers when I see them.

I took no offense to your comments. Just because we don't appreciate the art or collectibility of an item doesn't mean that we should diminish those that enjoy it. Clearly, many people, myself included, like streetwear including Supreme, Bape, Yeezys, etc. I also happen to enjoy pinball. I am very excited that these two world are combining and I hope you be able to get one of these machines.

While you may not think any thought goes into the bricks, hoodies, etc. I can guarantee you that that is incorrect. Supreme's business and marketing model are well thought out which is why they have been so successful.

PS Any time you are in Charleston, feel free to hit me up if you want to play some pinball. I have a lot of my games on location and some at my home.

#111 6 years ago

Supreme is just a wanna-be Mastermind in the world of brand identity. Japan started this crap first.

#112 6 years ago

Supreme ain’t for me, but after reading about them, Stern has done something very savvy here. This will expose pinball to many different animals and has the potential to reverberate through the hobby for years to come.

Bravo Stern!

Shoulda been a “Jersey Jack Collab” though. Befitting the “high end” vibe.

#113 6 years ago

Getting flashbacks to the Mad Magazine board game...

mad-magazine-game-rules (resized).jpgmad-magazine-game-rules (resized).jpg

#115 6 years ago

I'm not a fan of the Supreme brand, but my brother in law did buy the Supreme branded Telecaster for my daughter. It is a neat looking guitar, though the Supreme logo seems out of place on it.

#116 6 years ago
Quoted from OzPaul:

» YouTube video

I don’t understand the universe anymore. What is that kid like 14? Why is he so rich? Why is he dressed so poorly? Why did he ruin a super car by covering it in gaudy wrapping paper?

#117 6 years ago

15 year old son of a UAE billionaire, can't drive it until he is 18

Also has a small collection of sneakers. 200,000 pairs A lot of them are Supreme brand.

#118 6 years ago

I got about 5 seconds into that vid before I switched over to this.

#119 6 years ago

This is like game app development. You don’t need a million people to spend $1 on in game purchases. You just need a hand full of stupid rich people to dump boat loads of cash into it. Their called whales.

Sounds like the supreme brand is whale hunting.....and succeeding.

#120 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No wonder why they can’t finish code on games that matter.
Hire some more help!

That's the beauty of this one, it's already a completely coded game. I doubt it will have different rules from the Spider-Man home edition. Except, I now notice the 2 STAR inserts on either side of the bonus multiplier - that's something new.

#121 6 years ago

I googled supreme and this came up. Says alot.

asks-you-to-drive-him-to-supreme-for-a-new-supreme-pick-up (resized).jpgasks-you-to-drive-him-to-supreme-for-a-new-supreme-pick-up (resized).jpg

#122 6 years ago

Pinball machine is released with a popular brand and gets tons of coverage.

Pinsiders decide to just call everyone whom may be interested douchebags and posers? Hurts to read this thread, folks. Seriously.

I came in here to celebrate exposure with everyone.

Build up, don’t tear down.

#123 6 years ago

On the exposure note:
H O L Y C R A P the amount of views and share and comments out there!
This is unheard of exposure for pinball.

#124 6 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Supreme ain’t for me, but after reading about them, Stern has done something very savvy here. This will expose pinball to many different animals and has the potential to reverberate through the hobby for years to come.
Bravo Stern!
Shoulda been a “Jersey Jack Collab” though. Befitting the “high end” vibe.

There’s zero chance stern approached supreme. Other way around and stern agreed to make the game.

#125 6 years ago

This thing has almost 1.5 MILLION views already in a day.

Is there a single other pinball-related video anywhere online that has anywhere close to that amount of views?

How many hundreds of thousands of people today found out for the first time that pinball actually exists?

And hey, like 2 dozen pinball folks (including me) found out that Supreme exists! So truly it's been an educational day for everybody.

#126 6 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Supreme is just a wanna-be Mastermind in the world of brand identity. Japan started this crap first.

Yeah I’m not buying 800$ retail shirts when supremes are 44$

#127 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Is there a single other pinball-related video anywhere online that has anywhere close to that amount of views?
How many hundreds of thousands of people today found out for the first time that pinball actually exists?
And hey, like 2 dozen pinball folks (including me) found out that Supreme exists! So truly it's been an educational day for everybody.

Sadly, this is truth.

Heck the entire PAPA channel may not have that many views combined.

#128 6 years ago

And just what language is this???
http://www.sneakthestreet.com/supreme-x-stern

#129 6 years ago

Not for me, but looks really cool.

Also, millions of new eyeballs on pinball with this exposure. Nice!

#130 6 years ago
#131 6 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

On the exposure note:
H O L Y C R A P the amount of views and share and comments out there!
This is unheard of exposure for pinball.

You should read the comments. People are going nuts over this on there site. And us pinball people are doing our regular complaining.
I have a feeling this game will be sold out in minutes.

#132 6 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Pinball machine is released with a popular brand and gets tons of coverage.
Pinsiders decide to just call everyone whom may be interested douchebags and posers? Hurts to read this thread, folks. Seriously.
I came in here to celebrate exposure with everyone.
Build up, don’t tear down.

Just because a brand gets their logo on a pinball machine doesn’t mean anyone needs to celebrate. I’ll feel how I want about Supreme all I want, pinball or not.

#133 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Just because a brand gets their logo on a pinball machine doesn’t mean anyone needs to celebrate. I’ll feel how I want about Supreme all I want, pinball or not.

For me that's not really the issue. You are one of like 5 people here who actually knew what Supreme was before today, so you had a right to have an opinion on it. You are dumping on the Supreme brand, which actually makes it pretty much the only educated complaint in this entire thread.

The funny thing though was the knee-jerk reaction to IMMEDIATELY default to Stern-Bashing mode by so many people. "How dare they insult us, their valued customer base, with this abortion of a game? There's almost nothing on that playfield!!!!" THey look pretty silly now, as it's clear this has almost nothing to do with the pinball industry or the pinball collecting community. But man...people just can't WAIT to monkey pile on stern, even when they really have no idea what they are talking about. How about a little patience next time folks, like, you know, figure out exactly what it is first before you start whining about it.

#134 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

For me that's not really the issue. You are one of like 5 people here who actually knew what Supreme was before today, so you had a right to have an opinion on it. You are dumping on the Supreme brand, which actually makes it pretty much the only educated complaint in this entire thread.
The funny thing though was the knee-jerk reaction to IMMEDIATELY default to Stern-Bashing mode by so many people. "How dare they insult us, their valued customer base, with this abortion of a game? There's almost nothing on that playfield!!!!" THey look pretty silly now, as it's clear this has almost nothing to do with the pinball industry or the pinball collecting community. But man...people just can't WAIT to monkey pile on stern, even when they really have no idea what they are talking about. How about a little patience next time folks, like, you know, figure out exactly what it is first before you start whining about it.

Yeah, I just think the brand is kinda dumb. It's enjoyed by millions of people, and they're not all jerks or anything, nobody should take it personally. If you like Supreme enjoy. You've gotta know that that rich kid with the Supreme Ferrari is how a lot of people see it though, you'd have to be really not paying attention to not realize it, so I feel like you gotta just own those lumps. I feel the same way about say, Kanye West. He's a douchebag. You're never going to convince me otherwise, he's proven it over and over. Doesn't mean I think you shouldn't listen to his music if you like it. Be happy. But don't get mad when people call him out for being a self absorbed idiot just because you like his songs or beats or whatever.

Stern is doing this because someone figured out how to make minds meet to make money, let's not pretend otherwise, but good for them. There's no reason to hate on Stern here. Sure, it's recycled home Spider-Man, but so what? You think Supreme deserves some custom game made just for them, that no one who buys it will appreciate?

As for the Instagram views and exposure thing, I just don't think it's a big deal, like it's some amazing thing for pinball. It could be that brick, you know? Sure, maybe the hobby will pick up some new rich collectors, yay, but the 10 people who become full on collectors because they got their dicks wet with a Supreme machine aren't anything to write home about. The people on Pinside who op games deserve 200x more credit, and they barely get any.

#135 6 years ago

I'm interested to see what they price these at. Has to be way more that a typical stern, given how they market themselves. Had never heard of supreme before today. Video was cringe-worthy (to me), the way the guys was hitting the start button and flippers.

How rich do you have to be to spend hundreds on a t-shirt? I want to be that rich. I spent $571 on my dog today at the vet, and I still can't look at him in the face.

#136 6 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

How rich do you have to be to spend hundreds on a t-shirt?

Rich enough that you have $300 in disposable income to spend on something that makes you happy? No one should throw stones about spending stupid money on stupid things on a forum for people who think it's reasonable to own pinball machines.

I'm not down on anyone here who buys Supreme, I don't mean anything personal with my takes. People can buy Supreme bricks, or a ColorDMD or blow $9k on a JJP game. I just bought TNA. Cost a bit more than a Supreme t-shirt.

Buy the Stern Supreme game if you want one. I'd love to play one, I'm curious. I can think it's dumb, and a waste of money, but I don't begrudge anyone doing it, it's just my personal take. I like that the sounds are old school, that works for me.

But look at it. The red and white is interesting, it could have gone somewhere, but the whole thing is just their name plastered left and right. Look at the translite. We talk crazy shit about the smallest details in the art, how come Starlord doesn't have his helmet on, that mirrored part looks like 2 dicks, and no one cares that the whole backglass is just their logo half cut off?

It's not a pinball, it's a branding exercise. It's like the box the game was supposed to ship in got accidentally printed on the game instead.

As an ad, like a concept game for the cover of their latest catalogue, that lives in their flagship store or something? Sure whatever, it's a good ad. The graphic design is strong, Supreme design is basic but solid typography and boxes, it's fine, albeit derivative and uninspired. But does it make a good pinball machine? Does it sitting next to that tacky Ferrari as a trophy in some rich douchebag's garage make you love pinball more? Eh, that's what I say.

But it's a free country, buy what you want.

#137 6 years ago

Never heard of Supreme before today, my wife in marketing looked at me like I was crazy, but yeah that stuff doesn’t really interest me. I wear Brooks Brothers everyday because it’s non iron, lol so doubt I’m the Supreme target audience.

I do think this will sell out, and I do think this will bring a lot of good attention to the hobby, with hopefully many new people entering the Hobby.

I do like Rebel 8 after checking it out so thanks Aurich I’m buying there “go fuck yourself” candy hearts to hand out and a Kingston Flannel lol

#138 6 years ago

But rhis seems like "Stern, make us a pinball and we will pay for everything"-kinda deal? If so i totally understand why they do it. Guaranteed income is always good.

#139 6 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

I do like Rebel 8 after checking it out so thanks aurich I’m buying there “go fuck yourself” candy hearts to hand out and a Kingston Flannel lol

All of their art is and always has been done by Mike Giant, who's ridiculously talented. He was a friend of a friend when we were both in San Francisco, I hung out with him a bit, but never knew him well. He did the art for one of my first album covers, sent me zines, and I followed his career. His drawings have been ripped off a lot, which sucks, but he's always found a way to move on to the next thing, while still maintaining a consistent style.

Put it this way: if Rebel 8 did a pinball machine, sure, it might have big 8s on the side of the cabinet or something, but I promise you the translite would look amazing, even if it was black and white. I'm a graphic designer, I dig typography, text in a box is cool, but I need more than that. Pinball needs art, not just type. IMHO!

#140 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

But rhis seems like "Stern, make us a pinball and we will pay for everything"-kinda deal? If so i totally understand why they do it. Guaranteed income is always good.

More power to Stern for taking the money, though a rebrand is BS and typical Stern. I hope Dominos and Jetsons, unique designs and art, allowed Spooky to do TNA and ramp up Alice cooper. So far JJP is the only one not taking the commercial opportunity funds.

#141 6 years ago

Yeah im curious as to wether supreme knows they just got a retheme :p

#142 6 years ago

I don’t remember this much bitching and moaning about Pabst or Shrek...

#143 6 years ago

I was hoping if Stern was going to re-theme the Spider Man Home layout, it would be with one of the other popular themes they currently have (i.e., Star Wars). Still, I can't complain about the exposure. More power to Stern and "Supreme" fans.

#144 6 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I don’t remember this much bitching and moaning about Pabst or Shrek...

Not the same demographic.

#145 6 years ago

Just meant it was a retheme like this and no one cried this much

#146 6 years ago

Atleast the dominos pizza pinball had some character to it. Wtf is this...

#147 6 years ago

what shocked me is playing a pinball machine (even more while is white painted on steel) with all these rings on fingers...

OUPS

#148 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I actually looked today and there are around 10 videos with over 2 million views... But they are of DIY pinball and candy dispensing pinball etc.

This has to be the most successful launch of any pinball mahcine ever. History has been made. 1.5+ million views in less than 24 hours!
I mean star wars didn't even get anywhere near that.
Hate to say this but deeproot are kinda right when they said that the pinball community can be a 'close minded echo chamber'

How can this be bad for pinball? Sell it for 100 bucks or 50k. Sell it to douche bags. I don't care. Just introducing new people to pinball in any form is exactly what this hobby needs.

Well done to stern.

And a side note. Well done to the guy who styled it. Might be a simole made with a minimalist art package but it had stuff that even LEs and super LEs don't have.

Colored glass channel
Non black powder coated coin door.
Instructions cards that aren't yellow..
Custom coloured shooter housing.
Colored speaker backing and grill

There are plenty more.... Can you spot them all?

#149 6 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

I spent $571 on my dog today at the vet, and I still can't look at him in the face.

Funny.

#150 6 years ago

more pictures for those that are interested (along with pictures of supremes latest fashion offerings)

http://www.supremenewyork.com/previews/springsummer2018/accessories/supreme-stern-pinball-machine

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 705 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-x-supreme-new-machine/page/3?hl=erak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.