IMG_2459 (resized).PNG
79564B04-9FCB-449B-A9CC-9ACC856AF7D4 (resized).jpeg
DBF6BA2D-D6FE-40A4-A5AB-1000BF0BD5CC (resized).jpeg
9E2F785C-7598-4B6C-AB31-62CA20385BFD (resized).png
IMG_0196.jpg
8798B930-E817-4016-98BD-943818A859ED (resized).jpeg
483BF004-36B4-4DE9-BCFF-F735CEC982C8 (resized).png
2EED3AC3-A4C2-4554-B44C-B657A34EBCD3 (resized).png

There are 705 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 15.
#51 6 years ago

Stern loves a money grab when possible..... take a spidermam home machine which didnt sell well... retheme it to a brand people pay big money for and charge double or triple the price. Why not....

#52 6 years ago

Innovation? Funny that you mention that when they clearly recycled this from a previous machine.

Jokes aside, this brand has a limited reach. Sure, they will likely sell a few of these machines. But as someone else has already pointed out, a lot of the products sold with this brand get bought up by those who plan on reselling them anyway. Plus things like a brick or an article or clothing based on this brand are likely to be bought by most even if they are overpriced....but blowing a few hundred bucks is nothing. If they charge full LE prices...that will be a much harder sell.

And really, all white with just red lettering?

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

neither of us had heard of the Supreme brand until today?

And I'm even more unlikely to buy anything from their brand today than I was yesterday. These attempts to market to people that have very little interest in the first place is just like....I don't get it. Spiderman has massive appeal across HUGE swaths of age, income, race, and gender.

Supreme...not so much. It's not going to bring in 1000 new pinball buyers. If you get *really* lucky conversion rate of purchasers of this game to people that end up purchasing further NIB pins is going to be like....20 percent. These people clearly have enough money to be buying pins RIGHT NOW. Just because they buy one that fits their niche collection of branded garbage doesn't automatically make them a further contributor, and honestly... given Stern's recent history? Can you IMAGINE the entitled pissing and whining on social media if there's actually something wrong with them? XD

#54 6 years ago

You guys are completely missing the point.

This isn’t for you any more than dominos is for you.

Nobody involved in this project cares what any of us think about it. It’s a side hustle that nobody is counting on a single one of us to buy.

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You guys are completely missing the point.
This isn’t for you any more than dominos is for you.
Nobody involved in this project cares what any of us think about it. It’s a side hustle that nobody is counting on a single one of us to buy.

Completely agree. Well said Levi.

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

And I'm even more unlikely to buy anything from their brand today than I was yesterday. These attempts to market to people that have very little interest in the first place is just like....I don't get it. Spiderman has massive appeal across HUGE swaths of age, income, race, and gender.
Supreme...not so much. It's not going to bring in 1000 new pinball buyers. If you get *really* lucky conversion rate of purchasers of this game to people that end up purchasing further NIB pins is going to be like....20 percent. These people clearly have enough money to be buying pins RIGHT NOW. Just because they buy one that fits their niche collection of branded garbage doesn't automatically make them a further contributor, and honestly... given Stern's recent history? Can you IMAGINE the entitled pissing and whining on social media if there's actually something wrong with them? XD

PBR and this are just rethemes, I'm not sure what you don't get about it. I just don't think this project warrants all the negativity and hate it is getting on here. I think its pretty cool.

#57 6 years ago

I can't wait for the Target and Kohls pins to come out... ya.. sounds great....

#58 6 years ago

From what litle is shown, it does appear to have "regular" legs and lock down bar. It does not have a coin door. Yes it is just a Spiderman "home" machine in drag but IMO that is a good thing. From my slight exposure to that game, it does play well.

Considering the grief that people here create about themes, here is a game that on the surface has next to none. It's either brilliant or misguided.

#59 6 years ago

This, but probably on Supreme's part, not Stern's. If Stern had half a brain, they contracted to build these games at a set number of games with Supreme paying for them up front and then marking them up on their end. Stern's gonna get paid either way on this deal, I'd bet.

#60 6 years ago

Talk about a TINY niche theme! I never heard of it and I like to think I am pretty aware. Well I do like the mini spiderman playfield, so the game should at least be fun to play.

#61 6 years ago

I don't spend much time on Instagram but from what I'm assuming, this video already has a massive amount of hits.

Can't be anything wrong with that.

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from BagAJellyDonuts:

I don't spend much time on Instagram but from what I'm assuming, this video already has a massive amount of hits.
Can't be anything wrong with that.

The one I posted, which I assume is the same, only on YouTube....

has 113.

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

This, but probably on Supreme's part, not Stern's. If Stern had half a brain, they contracted to build these games at a set number of games with Supreme paying for them up front and then marking them up on their end. Stern's gonna get paid either way on this deal, I'd bet.

Ya think?!!!!!?

#64 6 years ago

All supreme items are limited.

It will be between 100-500 units.

It will sell out in about a minute.

Levi is correct. It’s not for pinside, it’s just something cool supreme thought of and contracted stern to do.

I think it looks really cool but I won’t attempt to buy it cuz the gameplay not so good and resale will be tough.

#65 6 years ago

Over 1m views and 11k comments in a few hours...keep hating but lots of people are loving it

685B67C6-55F9-4FDE-BFB7-6257B3605481 (resized).png685B67C6-55F9-4FDE-BFB7-6257B3605481 (resized).png

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Over 1m views and 11k comments in a few hours...keep hating but lots of people are loving it

This project will be a huge success and Stern got paid. Smart people running that company from the looks of it.

#67 6 years ago

Like the new tic tax pinball commercial currently running every break during prime time Olympics, It’s all good.

Anyone know if this is an original design or taken from another Stern?

#68 6 years ago

I heard the dude at deep root called dibs on this theme ages ago

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Yeah..i heard he came up with x supreme brand

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

but its nothing new anyone remember when people were spending a ton on Bathing Ape hoodies

No, never heard of it. But I’m 46 so maybe I’m too old to know what’s cool nowadays. Another ridiculous trend is the ripped up jeans nonsense. Who pays extra for damaged clothing that will likely fall apart after a couple washings all to look like a hobo? Like I said, I must be getting old because I just don’t get it.

#71 6 years ago

Bape is still pretty huge but supreme is huger

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This project will be a huge success and Stern got paid. Smart people running that company from the looks of it.

I think it's totally smart for Stern, and I bet they all sell out fast. Just because the brand is douchey doesn't mean it's not huge, with a following full of rich idiots. Everyone here going "I never heard of Supreme", no offense, that just means you're really out of touch, not that it's niche. This isn't some underground thing only kids know about, it's a massive brand that's had more than a fair share of wasted ink news coverage.

Seriously, it's a billion dollar brand now: https://www.gq.com/story/supreme-billion-dollar-valuation

Covered in Vogue: https://www.vogue.com/article/history-of-supreme-skate-clothing-brand

Fast Company: https://www.fastcompany.com/40480149/supreme-is-now-a-unicorn-500-million-carlyle-group-deal

Wall Street Journal: https://www.wsj.com/articles/why-streetwear-brand-supreme-is-worth-1-billion-and-abercrombie-isnt-1508331601

New York Times: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/22/fashion/guerrilla-fashion-the-story-of-supreme.html

Wired: https://www.wired.com/2017/05/using-bots-to-buy-supreme-limited-edition-streetwear/

I could go on. Point is, you haven't heard of it, fine, you're just not paying attention, it doesn't mean you have any insight into anything about how popular it is.

#73 6 years ago

Admittedly ignorant of this brand. Reminds me of people buying flame throwers from Elon Musk’s company.

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

No way deep root is to smart to make this theme they will be making a property Brothers Pinball.

#75 6 years ago

Bape is still pretty huge but supreme is huger

No doubt

I had no idea supreme was as big as it was till I saw the Luis vuitton crossover and then read some articles.

I hate limit runs but they are making cash and been around for a while.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#76 6 years ago

pinball about dogs is long overdue! I'm in for a SLE!

6091033022569 Supreme dog food chicken 420g-550x650 (resized).jpg6091033022569 Supreme dog food chicken 420g-550x650 (resized).jpg

PTSUPREMEMINICHUNK40-2 (resized).jpgPTSUPREMEMINICHUNK40-2 (resized).jpg

images (resized).jpegimages (resized).jpeg

#77 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I think it's totally smart for Stern, and I bet they all sell out fast. Just because the brand is douchey doesn't mean it's not huge, with a following full of rich idiots. Everyone here going "I never heard of Supreme", no offense, that just means you're really out of touch, not that it's niche. This isn't some underground thing only kids know about, it's a massive brand that's had more than a fair share of wasted ink news coverage.
Seriously, it's a billion dollar brand now: https://www.gq.com/story/supreme-billion-dollar-valuation
Covered in Vogue: https://www.vogue.com/article/history-of-supreme-skate-clothing-brand
Fast Company: https://www.fastcompany.com/40480149/supreme-is-now-a-unicorn-500-million-carlyle-group-deal
Wall Street Journal: https://www.wsj.com/articles/why-streetwear-brand-supreme-is-worth-1-billion-and-abercrombie-isnt-1508331601
New York Times: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/22/fashion/guerrilla-fashion-the-story-of-supreme.html
Wired: https://www.wired.com/2017/05/using-bots-to-buy-supreme-limited-edition-streetwear/
I could go on. Point is, you haven't heard of it, fine, you're just not paying attention, it doesn't mean you have any insight into anything about how popular it is.

Just cuz you are friends with a couple dbags who like supreme doesn’t make it a douchey brand.

#78 6 years ago

I'm 99% sure I'll be getting one when they release. I know it won't be everyone's cup of tea but I enjoy the brand and think a Supreme Pinball looks awesome.

#79 6 years ago

Just cuz you are friends with a couple dbags who like supreme doesn’t make it a douchey brand.

Hey leave Justin and Kanye out of this!

241ca2e2cc405ed1f48ac8e77dbb74ac (resized).jpg241ca2e2cc405ed1f48ac8e77dbb74ac (resized).jpg

FullSizeRender-14-2 (resized).jpgFullSizeRender-14-2 (resized).jpg

#80 6 years ago

It is possible to be into pinball and streetwear at the same time. I own several pins, suck at all of them but love them while I also wear my Yeezys and Off white shirts.

It's not as if they are diametrically opposed markets, just not ones with a great deal of overlap. Just my .02

#81 6 years ago

Coming soon - "The Jetsons Supreme" pins.

#82 6 years ago

Supreme to me means sour cream and tomatoes

#83 6 years ago

I'm not friends with anyone who likes Supreme. The entire premise of spending a ton of money to wear someone else's rip-off logo as a status symbol that's purposefully sold in small quantities to jack the price up is utterly douchey.

Idiots are spending $1000 on eBay to get a brick with the Supreme logo on it. Those people? Douchebags.

If you like Supreme that's fine. It doesn't make you a bad person. But while the box logo might impress some people, there are others who are going to assume you're an idiot for wearing it. Just the nature of the beast, have to be at peace with that if you want to be into it.

#84 6 years ago

its things like supreme that renew my faith in capitalism. Those bricks are freaking hilarious, they must be fucking laughing their arses off whilst bathing in money.

#85 6 years ago

Aurich, I respect your opinion and simply disagree. We all wear things that signal our various interests. That is why you can always see people wearing PAPA shirts at tournaments, etc. They want to signal they like pinball. I am not sure why someone buying a 1K brick is inherently more douchey (your words) than someone who spends 15K on a Batman Super LE. The both artificially limit supply, increase demand and charge a huge markup. I don't think people who want the limited edition of games are douches (again, your word choice).

#86 6 years ago

So they had a box of WMS System 6 sound boards on a shelf and had to find a use for them? It looks like a whitewood for a design that got thrown out.

I also hope they sell 10,000 of them to whoever buys junk just for the name, and that the sales subsidize the rest of Stern production and get us some good real pinball machines at good prices.

#87 6 years ago

It looks like a giant half-rolled up tube of Colgate toothpaste...

People can say what they want about Domino's but we did at least try to make it a fun, unique pin with a non-rehashed layout and, imo, some pretty great artwork. All in 6 months...

But I won't deny the smart marketing behind this. It's a win-win for Stern and Supreme with pretty minimal new effort involved.

#88 6 years ago

I'm color blind to shades of red. What is it and what does it look like?

#89 6 years ago

The fuck?... No,.... No.... Really?! Ugh. Just No.

#90 6 years ago

I kinda want one

#91 6 years ago
Quoted from Normscoffee:

Aurich, I respect your opinion and simply disagree. We all wear things that signal our various interests. That is why you can always see people wearing PAPA shirts at tournaments, etc. They want to signal they like pinball. I am not sure why someone buying a 1K brick is inherently more douchey (your words) than someone who spends 15K on a Batman Super LE. The both artificially limit supply, increase demand and charge a huge markup. I don't think people who want the limited edition of games are douches (again, your word choice).

15 bricks for a BM66 doesnt sound douchey?

#92 6 years ago

No wonder why they can’t finish code on games that matter.

Hire some more help!

#93 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

15 bricks for a BM66 doesnt sound douchey?

I wouldn't pay 1k for a Supreme brick but I don't think there's anything inherently more douchey about preferring a limited brick due to name brand over 15,000 dollars for a limited edition game. It's just people having different hobbies and I don't care to judge people for preferring one over the other as it's their money and they can spend it as they see fit.

Edit: typo

#94 6 years ago

Also, it looks like bricks aren't anywhere near 1,000 currently. It looks like they go for around 120 dollars. Still wouldn't pay that for the brick but it's a collectors item.

#95 6 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#96 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm not friends with anyone who likes Supreme. The entire premise of spending a ton of money to wear someone else's rip-off logo as a status symbol that's purposefully sold in small quantities to jack the price up is utterly douchey.
Idiots are spending $1000 on eBay to get a brick with the Supreme logo on it. Those people? Douchebags.
If you like Supreme that's fine. It doesn't make you a bad person. But while the box logo might impress some people, there are others who are going to assume you're an idiot for wearing it. Just the nature of the beast, have to be at peace with that if you want to be into it.

I guess you don’t buy le pinballs then?

I actually like the exclusivity of a supreme shirt. I like knowing that everyone and their dog won’t own it.

I don’t see how wasting money on a frivolous item makes one douchey? By that standard everyone here is douchey because owning a pin is frivolous and a waste of money. Look at me and my 10k by Christmas game.

#97 6 years ago
Quoted from JeffreeStar:

Supreme is a skateboarding shop and clothing brand established in New York City in April 1994. It's iconic in the skate industry and has a huge crossover

Reciprocal >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Supreme!

RIP Reciprocal.

#98 6 years ago
Quoted from Normscoffee:

I like your example, I feel the same way about anyone buying a Supreme brick as I do a Super LE. Your money, waste it however you like. At least Supreme didn't make the people who wanted a brick fill out an application to see if they were worthy.

I don’t see how wasting money on a frivolous item makes one douchey?

It doesn't. Nor does liking Supreme. But it's a douchey brand, and the idea of paying extra so you can wear a logo that says "I have a limited thing that's expensive on and you don't" doesn't really endear the idea to me. It's just streetwear, I don't take it all that seriously, but it's played out fake limited streetwear, so if you're really a hypebeast you could do better. Wear Rebel 8 or something instead, at least you'd be supporting real artistic talent then.

#99 6 years ago

Never even heard of this "brand."

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I like your example, I feel the same way about anyone buying a Supreme brick as I do a Super LE. Your money, waste it however you like. At least Supreme didn't make the people who wanted a brick fill out an application to see if they were worthy.

I completely forgot about the application.

If I end up being able to get one of the Supreme Pinballs your'e welcome to play it anytime. It was good chatting with you.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
58,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
There are 705 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-x-supreme-new-machine/page/2?hl=nc_pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.