IMG_2459 (resized).PNG
79564B04-9FCB-449B-A9CC-9ACC856AF7D4 (resized).jpeg
DBF6BA2D-D6FE-40A4-A5AB-1000BF0BD5CC (resized).jpeg
9E2F785C-7598-4B6C-AB31-62CA20385BFD (resized).png
IMG_0196.jpg
8798B930-E817-4016-98BD-943818A859ED (resized).jpeg
483BF004-36B4-4DE9-BCFF-F735CEC982C8 (resized).png
2EED3AC3-A4C2-4554-B44C-B657A34EBCD3 (resized).png
There are 705 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 15.
#651 5 years ago

ok yeah i was wondering what the second switch at the angle from the firsts purpose was. thanks for the details

#652 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I wonder what the Stern distributors thought of this release. Seems like they were totally cut out of being able to sell these. Such a shame really since Stern depends on them for so much but didn’t let them in on this limited run game they could have, apparently, made some good money on

Its a limited contract build for Supreme, I dont see why the distributers would be involved? (imo) having them involved would be no different than the current reselllers and not really a benefit to the hobby.

I think stern and supreme handled it the best way.

2 weeks later
1 week later
#654 5 years ago

Only thing surprising about Supreme is that nobody made or sells mods. No Mod Couple, Modfather, Hooked on Pinball or Colordmd. In Supreme fashion, mods will be marked up 10x to account for the low quantity of games sold.

#655 5 years ago

I'd like to grab one, take it out of the box, and then sell the box . Should offset the original purchase by quite a bit!

If I were a shady type, I'd repackage an old EM in the box and sell to someone as if it were a Supreme. Of course I'd tell them never open it or it loses all value.

But I'm not shady, ,,, , or rich.

#656 5 years ago

Seems like the buzz is mostly off this title, did any person on Pinside get one? Just curious.

#657 5 years ago

Found out they sold all 100 of these. Madness.

#658 5 years ago
15F1F533-CE6E-45F0-B144-68A0D0AA74D0 (resized).jpeg15F1F533-CE6E-45F0-B144-68A0D0AA74D0 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#659 5 years ago

Hope all the pin owners got in on this Supreme grip. It would make a good pinball plunger mod

2xYfs6G (resized).jpg2xYfs6G (resized).jpg
1 week later
#660 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Seems like the buzz is mostly off this title, did any person on Pinside get one? Just curious.

Yes anyone?

#662 5 years ago

Review time maplesirup!

#663 5 years ago

I think the machine is a ton of fun. I didn’t buy it to flip it. I didn’t buy it to show how much money I have to burn etc. I bought it because I thought it was cool, and I wanted it. My kid is a sneaker head, and so our two hobbies met at a bizarre crossroad.

The game is fun to shoot. It’s a slight tweak on the Spider-Man Home playfield. I thought that game was fun to shoot, and this one is better.

Unlike Spider-Man home, Supreme is in a full size Pro Cab, with a coin door and service rails. Has a regular DMD and a completely different sound package. I wasn’t familiar enough with the Spider-Man home rules to tell you if these rules are the same.

Layout is solid. Really nice shooting game. Objectives are clear, and straightforward like a good early SS design.

Sounds are wicked. The game has a very satisfying feel to it.

I’m not sure what else to say. Value discussions are ludicrous. This game is a total anomaly. I got mine for retail, which was still way too much, but not the astronomical value people are asking to flip it. I have no intent of selling it. It’s a really fun game, and a strange pinball story.

I think anybody who enjoys simply playing pinball would really enjoy the game. If you remove the outrage about the flipping, and the ”reskin” of a supposed low end pin etc etc. Anybody stepping up to this game without bizarre expectations and baggage would certainly enjoy it. Layout is fun, code is simple and good, sounds are really good... Simply put, it’s just FUN. That’s what pinball is supposed to be.

Some people will never get it... that’s totally fine. I’m enjoying the pin. I was home for about 4 hrs killing time a few nights ago, and it’s the only pin I played! With 14 other really good options in the room, it kept me coming back for more. That tells me something.

#664 5 years ago

I am glad you were able to get one. I also hope that you didn't have to go very far into hock to do it.

#665 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I think the machine is a ton of fun. I didn’t buy it to flip it. I didn’t buy it to show how much money I have to burn etc. I bought it because I thought it was cool, and I wanted it. My kid is a sneaker head, and so our two hobbies met at a bizarre crossroad.
The game is fun to shoot. It’s a slight tweak on the Spider-Man Home playfield. I thought that game was fun to shoot, and this one is better.
Unlike Spider-Man home, Supreme is in a full size Pro Cab, with a coin door and service rails. Has a regular DMD and a completely different sound package. I wasn’t familiar enough with the Spider-Man home rules to tell you if these rules are the same.
Layout is solid. Really nice shooting game. Objectives are clear, and straightforward like a good early SS design.
Sounds are wicked. The game has a very satisfying feel to it.
I’m not sure what else to say. Value discussions are ludicrous. This game is a total anomaly. I got mine for retail, which was still way too much, but not the astronomical value people are asking to flip it. I have no intent of selling it. It’s a really fun game, and a strange pinball story.
I think anybody who enjoys simply playing pinball would really enjoy the game. If you remove the outrage about the flipping, and the ”reskin” of a supposed low end pin etc etc. Anybody stepping up to this game without bizarre expectations and baggage would certainly enjoy it. Layout is fun, code is simple and good, sounds are really good... Simply put, it’s just FUN. That’s what pinball is supposed to be.
Some people will never get it... that’s totally fine. I’m enjoying the pin. I was home for about 4 hrs killing time a few nights ago, and it’s the only pin I played! With 14 other really good options in the room, it kept me coming back for more. That tells me something.

what hardware is it on? spike 1/2? sam?

#666 5 years ago

I just got back from London and the entire time I was there I saw one person wearing a Supreme shirt... are we sure this is still a thing?

#667 5 years ago

No video's of this game in action?
As that will be the closest I'll ever get to see one in action since I live in Belgium...

#668 5 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I just got back from London and the entire time I was there I saw one person wearing a Supreme shirt... are we sure this is still a thing?

When I went on an Alaska cruise a few months ago, I spotted a Supreme shirt on a passenger and another passenger had a Supreme fanny pack.

#669 5 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

another passenger had a Supreme fanny pack.

Trend going strong. We all know that nothing is cooler than a fanny pack.

#670 5 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Trend going strong. We all know that nothing is cooler than a fanny pack.

To be fair, the fanny pack (worn on the front, proudly showing off the Supreme logo) was on an elderly Asian lady.

#671 5 years ago

They call it a utility pack. It’s one of the less desirable items. Shoulder bag and backpack very popular.

#672 5 years ago

I just love all the parodies that this brand inspires.

IMG_2355 (resized).jpgIMG_2355 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#673 5 years ago
Quoted from neurokinetik:

[quoted image]

Shoot, I had gone all this way and hadn’t seen my favorite Supreme memes. Then the very last post is the freaking stickers I was gonna post.
Sad!

Other current, counter-culture, or maybe anti-anti-culture influencers were wearing those “Sheep” logos a while back. Really famous, controversial people like Idubbbz and FilthyFrank.

All in all, I think it’s absolutely hilarious Supreme contracted a pinball from Stern. That’s funny. I think the brand with its Kanye-level narcissism coupled with its hypebeast culture really sucks. Aesthetically the design and it’s simplicity give it that weird timeless, chic look that is reminiscent of Apple or Coca-Cola. The absence of background music and it’s retro sounds actually play well into the theme.

All in all the gimmick of a Supreme pinball machine just gets more younger people into pinball. Sure it attracts a lot of the rich and arrogant, but it’s also just the very notion that this informs the younger generations that pinball still exists.

Hell, I’m 22 (today actually!) and my friend who KNOWS I collect pinball and arcade machines was ASTOUNDED that they are still producing them. I showed him some newer games and his words were “I didn’t even know they made these anymore!! I thought pinball was like a 90’s thing!” which hurt my heart a little bit.

Pinball is a timeless, enjoyable hobby, but even the most incredible treasures don’t mean anything if later generations never learn of them. There are kids who have never heard of The Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, the Beatles etc. etc.
They aren’t born knowing. They have to be taught and experience these things.

If some kid scrolling through Instagram sees this and learns “wow some companies still make pinball machines with stuff like Supreme” then it’s done it’s job and made people money too.

As for adding douches to the hobby, it’s not like those people have suddenly been created. They’ve been around for a long time and aren’t going anywhere

1 week later
#674 5 years ago

Dateline, Michigan State University campus....

20180906_200052_1536278505185 (resized).jpg20180906_200052_1536278505185 (resized).jpg
#675 5 years ago

So...what's on the dmd? What are the callouts/sounds? Rules?

#676 5 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Dateline, Michigan State University campus....
[quoted image]

I'll bet he gets jacked for that and his phone before the end of the first quarter...

#677 5 years ago

66A697C4-831B-46BA-8A81-6795ABD7AC58 (resized).jpeg66A697C4-831B-46BA-8A81-6795ABD7AC58 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#678 5 years ago
Quoted from neurokinetik:

[quoted image]

When I was in Asia this summer, I saw many (imitation) Supreme-stuff, a few times misspelled as "Superme". Still don't know if this was done intentionally.

#679 5 years ago

There has been an awful lot of nonsense said about this machine, but at the end of the day... it’s REALLY frickin fun. I feel lucky to have it, and for the 3 plus months that I’ve had it, I’ve played it more than anything else in my collection.

Somebody requested video, so here’s a decent first ball for anybody who’s genuinely curious about what it’s like.

I can tell you first hand. It’s NOT a SM home with some Red and White paint. Everybody who has played it has walked away saying some variation of “Holy Sh$!, that game is FUN!!”

Of everything I’m my collection, it’s the game that oddly reminds me of TNA, which is one of my all time favs. It just has that pure pinball adrenaline that so many titles lack. It’s like a wicked early SS layout plus ramps.

If you removed all the Supreme hype, the price discussion etc etc... I think any pinball player stepping up to this machine would have a BLAST.

#680 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Of everything I’m my collection, it’s the game that oddly reminds me of TNA, which is one of my all time favs. It just has that pure pinball adrenaline that so many titles lack. It’s like a wicked early SS layout plus ramps.
If you removed all the Supreme hype, the price discussion etc etc... I think any pinball player stepping up to this machine would have a BLAST.

So, a good candidate for a retheme then?

#681 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

No one doubts that it’s a fun game. I haven’t played one, but by watching the videos it looks like a great layout. I like the simple sounds and dots.

But, the theme and price are the talking points to an outsider looking in. Hopefully stern continues making simple straightforward pins, but at a more palatable price

#682 5 years ago

I don’t get it. This is exactly the same game as Spider-Man home, yet most people say that game sucks, but this game is great?

#683 5 years ago
Quoted from chippe01:

I don’t get it. This is exactly the same game as Spider-Man home, yet most people say that game sucks, but this game is great?

Really? You don’t get it?! A bunch of people on Pinside say something sucks... but perhaps it actually doesn’t?!

That’s not a mystery to me!

The truth is SM Home version DOESN’T suck. It’s a very fun game to play. It’s just quite different from a regular pin. It’s a small cab, with a single speaker where the coin door would be. A small head, and an odd sized small colour screen. You can hear George discuss it’s design on a recent Head 2 Head Podcast Episode.

What it did differently than a lot of “Home” or “Pin” versions before it, is it used a full sized regular playfield. Just the cab was smaller.

Supreme is a Pro Cab, with Coin Door, service rails, DMD, 2 speakers etc.

A lot of the opinions here are “Value” based. What is “Value”?! It’s arbitrary and subjective. I could buy cheaper games that I don’t want, or more expensive games that I don’t want.

For me, “Value” is about FUN. If a game is fun and exciting to play, it’s more valuable to me.

If I ever decide to sell this pin, I’m relatively certain I’ll do ok, and I may in fact do well... who knows?! I’m not concerned. I’m super happy to have it, and I’m enjoying playing it, as are ALL my guests and fellow pinheads.

#684 5 years ago

It's a basic layout that works with the "theme" ok...
I like the feel of this layout on supreme more than SPIDER-MAN home.
With Spider-Man we know how the original was so it's always a comparison in the back of our heads,
with supreme it feels like the layout was made for it (my feel playing that game at Sunshine laundry).

Final thought: there really should be a code update for a few more animations and sounds that as it is very very basic in the audio/graphics package and no, less is not more...

#685 5 years ago
Quoted from chippe01:

Almost NOBODY has played the SM home game. They say it sucks because it's over $4,000 and has that hideous cheap shit cabinet, weighs about 40 pounds, and has a cheap speaker right at crotch level.

At the same time, almost NOBODY has played Supreme, and they also say it sucks.

There's two on location here in NYC and I've played it. It's a perfectly fun simple game and in a real arcade cabinet it feels like a real arcade machine. The reasons people hate both of these machines has been well documented here and have nothing to do with gameplay, which almost nobody here has actually experienced.

In the meantime many of these haters will gladly fork over $7000 + for a TNA which is in the same ballpark as far as fun factor and simplicity.

There's really nothing to "get" here. Just standard pinside nonsense.

#686 5 years ago

Maybe Stern should make a version with generic classic art and call it "Pinball" and sell it for a Pro price. Perfect game to sell in those mall gameroom stores.

Backglass (resized).jpgBackglass (resized).jpg

#687 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

There has been an awful lot of nonsense said about this machine, but at the end of the day... it’s REALLY frickin fun. I feel lucky to have it, and for the 3 plus months that I’ve had it, I’ve played it more than anything else in my collection.
Somebody requested video, so here’s a decent first ball for anybody who’s genuinely curious about what it’s like.
I can tell you first hand. It’s NOT a SM home with some Red and White paint. Everybody who has played it has walked away saying some variation of “Holy Sh$!, that game is FUN!!”

Thanks for sharing this.
But a pin with no music, no animation, 2 colors, white cabinet, all stupid inserts, red playfield no art ar all, no voice acting, remake of an existing pin without its feature mean why not but it should be under a pro as as far as value, isn’t it? Sometimes we should look at things with distance and put passion aside.
Maybe in couple years, people will thing how ridiculous our current market is.
To get money for resale, i would rather buy a 73 transam, at least it’s fun.

#688 5 years ago
Quoted from Warzard:

Thanks for sharing this.
But a pin with no music, no animation, 2 colors, white cabinet, all stupid inserts, red playfield no art ar all, no voice acting, remake of an existing pin without its feature mean why not but it should be under a pro as as far as value, isn’t it? Sometimes we should look at things with distance and put passion aside.
Maybe in couple years, people will thing how ridiculous our current market is.
To get money for resale, i would rather buy a 73 transam, at least it’s fun.

If you are gonna get a '73, make sure it has the SD-455 motor. You have a good point, although I think both are fun, you should be able to drive a Supreme for what it cost!

#689 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Almost NOBODY has played the SM home game. They say it sucks because it's over $4,000 and has that hideous cheap shit cabinet, weighs about 40 pounds, and has a cheap speaker right at crotch level.
At the same time, almost NOBODY has played Supreme, and they also say it sucks.
There's two on location here in NYC and I've played it. It's a perfectly fun simple game and in a real arcade cabinet it feels like a real arcade machine. The reasons people hate both of these machines has been well documented here and have nothing to do with gameplay, which almost nobody here has actually experienced.
In the meantime many of these haters will gladly fork over $7000 + for a TNA which is in the same ballpark as far as fun factor and simplicity.
There's really nothing to "get" here. Just standard pinside nonsense.

This!

#690 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

If you are gonna get a '73, make sure it has the SD-455 motor. You have a good point, although I think both are fun, you should be able to drive a Supreme for what it cost!

Just think of this: Zen pinball tables: take any, so new design, artwork, voice acting, 3d animations, software and it’s ...2.5 dollars on your ipad. Yes this is a virtual machine but hell, Supreme was already an existing pin with almost zero investment, no art, nothin, so this pin is a joke, right?
At the end it can be fun, and then what?

2 weeks later
#691 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Thank you for posting the YouTube video 1st of all.

I know that you mentioned that you have no plans selling the Pin(I’m in Kleinburg,ON(Vaughan)just in case), and I have a question please... the material of the Lock Down Bar and Side Rails it is in metal like a L.E.?

Thank you
Regards

#692 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Thank you for posting the YouTube video 1st of all.
I know that you mentioned that you have no plans selling the Pin(I’m in Kleinburg,ON(Vaughan)just in case), and I have a question please... the material of the Lock Down Bar and Side Rails it is in metal like a L.E.?
Thank you
Regards

Yes it is.

3 weeks later
#693 5 years ago

Just saw this video, guy got scammed out of $15k on Ebay for what he thought was a Supreme pinball machine. Pretty funny video, but also feel bad for him. Thanks to Keith Johnson for sharing the link on his Twitter.

#694 5 years ago

Hopefully he got his money back.
These scammers suck!
This confusing auction is just for a picture as well.
ebay.com link: 0

#695 5 years ago

Hmmm...I'd expect a nice mat and frame for that amount...

#696 5 years ago
Quoted from bballfan:

Hopefully he got his money back.
These scammers suck!
This confusing auction is just for a picture as well.
ebay.com link

And there are 7 bids on it....

#697 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

And there are 7 bids on it....

I'd bet you one of the zero bidders is a shill.

#698 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just saw this video, guy got scammed out of $15k on Ebay for what he thought was a Supreme pinball machine. Pretty funny video, but also feel bad for him. Thanks to Keith Johnson for sharing the link on his Twitter.

take them to judge judy
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x66xib8

#699 5 years ago

2nd hand market pricing news...

Screenshot_20181105-081934_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20181105-081934_Instagram (resized).jpg

#700 5 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

2nd hand market pricing news...
[quoted image]

Too bad shipping kills the deal, wish I was closer

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 705 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-x-supreme-new-machine/page/14?hl=phat_jay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.