IMG_2459 (resized).PNG
79564B04-9FCB-449B-A9CC-9ACC856AF7D4 (resized).jpeg
DBF6BA2D-D6FE-40A4-A5AB-1000BF0BD5CC (resized).jpeg
9E2F785C-7598-4B6C-AB31-62CA20385BFD (resized).png
IMG_0196.jpg
8798B930-E817-4016-98BD-943818A859ED (resized).jpeg
483BF004-36B4-4DE9-BCFF-F735CEC982C8 (resized).png
2EED3AC3-A4C2-4554-B44C-B657A34EBCD3 (resized).png
There are 705 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 15.
#451 6 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

For sure. Only reason to buy is to flip to some rich hypebeast. Still risky cuz very very limited market and you could end up stuck with it.

I think the risk is worth the reward here. I don’t see anyone losing money if they are a original buyer but that’s just my opinion and I like to speculate. If I had the 10k to risk right now I would buy one to flip.

#452 6 years ago

If a third party wants a custom pinball machine Stern Always reskins a machine.
Can't they make a new playfield design for that price.

#453 6 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

10k might sound like a deal for a product labled with Supreme branding; but under any other circumstance would you pay 10k for a Spider-Man home Pin without artwork, without themed sounds and call outs, but placed in a full sized cabinet?
Under any other circumstance would you pay double for an inferior product? Spider-Man home is less of a pin then any current Pro model available, yet the price is double. ....and your ok with that....
Would you consider buying a Dodge Caliber for the price of a charger hellcat if I give it a new paint job? Because if so, have I got a deal for you.

Theme matters. I like Supreme and think it will look awesome in my home. There's a reason themed games sell better. People like to play what they're interested in and share that with others.

I have a Star Wars LE not because it is the greatest game ever made (that would be Twilight Zone, imo) but because I love the movies and enjoy sharing that passion with others.

#454 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's a lifestyle brand that people spend thousands and thousands of dollars on annually. It's not for broke skateboarders, it's for rich kids, or ones who want to look like they are.

598808 (resized).PNG598808 (resized).PNG

#455 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Keep in mind, Stern is simply a contract manufacturer in this case and it is Supreme that is setting the price.

#456 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

People got really upset that a game they don't want and will never own has the same playfield as another Stern product that they don't want and will never own.

#457 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

I wonder why Jersey Jack wasn't approached for a custom Pin? Or, if they were, why didn't they quote it?

#458 6 years ago

I imagine this will also be a direct purchase from Supreme, just like Pabst Blue Ribbon. Its not something I would like but its an interesting case study.

#459 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

there is also the time needed to do a new playfield vs just an reskin

#460 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I wonder why Jersey Jack wasn't approached for a custom Pin? Or, if they were, why didn't they quote it?

they don't have the room / time for it? Over the past fee years they have been at 1 game a year.

#461 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

They may have been approached and Stern won as the lowest bidder. Who knows.

#462 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

because regardless of the pinside JJP worship they are still a boutique pin company, thats my take anyway. 1 pin a year is not a major manufacturer of pinball machines. Stern has issues but they are still king and make the funnest pins all around for me.

#463 6 years ago

Spooky earned the Domino's contract.

#464 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Spooky earned the Domino's contract.

That was quite the game

#466 6 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

ebay.com link

$30 for shipping a brick is ridiculous!!! I just can't justify that added onto the purchase price.

#467 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I don't know anything about Supreme but I love the art work on that machine

Seriously ?!

#468 6 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Seriously ?!

Yes, in an Andy Warhol kind of way.

zzzzzb84c8f5d40ba68a6d7e5b3f0f3cbe4f5 (resized).jpgzzzzzb84c8f5d40ba68a6d7e5b3f0f3cbe4f5 (resized).jpg

#469 6 years ago
Quoted from Normscoffee:

Theme matters. I like Supreme and think it will look awesome in my home. There's a reason themed games sell better. People like to play what they're interested in and share that with others.
I have a Star Wars LE not because it is the greatest game ever made (that would be Twilight Zone, imo) but because I love the movies and enjoy sharing that passion with others.

If you want a better game based on a clothing IP buy a No Fear machine for $2,000

#470 6 years ago

This thread is a perfect example how people behave when buying LE items

#471 6 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

$30 for shipping a brick is ridiculous!!! I just can't justify that added onto the purchase price.

$1000 for a brick is ridiculous!! The worst part is that it isn’t a joke.

2 weeks later
#473 6 years ago

I doubt that’s real. Let’s see the photos!

#474 6 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

I doubt that’s real. Let’s see the photos!

For those of us never facebookers, could someone explain?

#475 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

For those of us never facebookers, could someone explain?

You get this:

1C1CF2F2-DC4F-4668-A667-0FB0529B35FD (resized).png1C1CF2F2-DC4F-4668-A667-0FB0529B35FD (resized).png

#476 6 years ago

Well the game isn’t out yet so...

I doubt he has an offer of 40k though either way, just fishing for a sucker

#477 6 years ago

I simply MUST have this game.

#478 6 years ago

looks like some people are getting it early
(picture from https://www.instagram.com/shaggy_srsg/?hl=en)

Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 20.29.36 (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-03-19 at 20.29.36 (resized).png

#479 6 years ago

I bet its for sale in less than 8 hours for double the cost.

Quoted from nik2000:

(picture from https://www.instagram.com/shaggy_srsg/?hl=en)

#480 6 years ago

What are the callouts going to be?

I'd set it on location. 3 plays for $900.

#481 6 years ago

Some amusing comments from that Instagram post.

80B0BF35-70A8-498C-97ED-4ACAE4B430E8 (resized).jpeg80B0BF35-70A8-498C-97ED-4ACAE4B430E8 (resized).jpeg7E9778DF-ACBB-4122-8CF3-A0A0678EE4D7 (resized).jpeg7E9778DF-ACBB-4122-8CF3-A0A0678EE4D7 (resized).jpeg

#482 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

What are the callouts going to be?
I'd set it on location. 3 plays for $900.

I don't think it can go that high. Unless you rig an DBA for 100's only and set it to 1 pulse for 100

#483 6 years ago

Anyone hear how to buy this yet?

#484 6 years ago

Stern said you have to buy direct from Supreme. If so, perhaps they will be made available during their weekly 'drop' on Thursdays.
https://www.supremecommunity.com/season/spring-summer2018/droplists/

Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Anyone hear how to buy this yet?

#485 6 years ago

Found some more news for this. Looks like its later in the summer (June 2018)
https://twitter.com/OnusOfficial/status/974931729063522304

Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Stern said you have to buy direct from Supreme. If so, perhaps they will be made available during their weekly 'drop' on Thursdays.
https://www.supremecommunity.com/season/spring-summer2018/droplists/

#486 6 years ago
Quoted from nik2000:

I had my preproduction prototype at sxsw gaming

DYVuydaVQAAds-F (resized).jpgDYVuydaVQAAds-F (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#487 6 years ago

Hey guys, I found some more Supreme product...check out the second picture on this listing..

dallas.craigslist.org link

This is the first time I have EVER run into anything even remotely Supreme related outside of this thread!

#489 6 years ago

/shrug

What's the point of the entire post? My post is just as vapid as the entire brand, and therefore, shut up and pay me a few thousand dollars for the privilege of having seen it.

1 month later
#490 5 years ago

Drops this Thursday. 200 units @ 10k each. Should be online only. Resale estimates are as high as 50k! Imo more around 20k resale.

#491 5 years ago

Drops this Thursday. 200 units @ 10k each. Should be online only. Resale estimates are as high as 50k! Imo more around 20k resale.

This will blow Iron Maiden scalpers gaskets!

#492 5 years ago

Yea I mean, this is a pure collectors item with a high buy in. Meaning people can charge whatever they want second hand, which is what I was saying a month ago, but people think this was made for pinball collectors and not supreme collectors.

I doesn't surprise me at all, the bubble is popping at the low end but ballooning up top

Especially with shit like this going on
https://www.artcurial.com/en/sale-3810-cream

#493 5 years ago

I think it would be amazing if a bunch of pinheads snapped these up, show these folks how the REAL game is played, and turn it back at them for double money. If I had 10k on hand, I'd certainly be trying. Best of luck to anyone that does it.

#494 5 years ago
#495 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I think it would be amazing if a bunch of pinheads snapped these up, show these folks how the REAL game is played, and turn it back at them for double money. If I had 10k on hand, I'd certainly be trying. Best of luck to anyone that does it.

Pinball isn't even that hard to play shut up.

Even one of your post reads like a bitter 40-something upset that something isn't being made for "real pinball" collectors. Like why are you trying to gatekeep a pinball machine

#496 5 years ago
Quoted from local_single:

Pinball isn't even that hard to play shut up.
Even one of your post reads like a bitter 40-something upset that something isn't being made for "real pinball" collectors. Like why are you trying to gatekeep a pinball machine

Who said that the "game" was PLAYING pinball?

DYSJD5ZUMAApVuf (resized).jpgDYSJD5ZUMAApVuf (resized).jpg

QQ bruh. QQ.

#497 5 years ago

Now that is some crazy shit! Those are actual gabble fall prices too.

#498 5 years ago

This whole thing is pathetic.

#499 5 years ago

Why is it pathetic ? People love a brand and will pay for their limited edition stuff. Such is life with everything. Like every le pinball game.

#500 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

This whole thing is pathetic.

Not much different than paying more for an LE over a premium, assuming same features.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 705 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-x-supreme-new-machine/page/10?hl=local_single and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.