(Topic ID: 58080)

Stern X-Men LE replacement Aux board fried something good

By BShing

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Can someone confirm to me which side of the replacement harness the blue "Z" connector goes to? Is it the side with the red and yellow wire or the side with just yellow? Or which side goes to J2 on the replacement aux board, just yellow or yellow with red and yellow wire on the last pin?

I received my replacement aux board and installed it according to Stern's directions and when I powered up my game the Wolverine magnet locked on the first time I hit that shot and would not let go. I powered down and checked everything and saw on the replacement harness where pin #3 next to the key on the all yellow side (yellow/grey) was burned away completely. The only thing I can think of is that the "Z" connector was on the wrong side of the harness. Also, fuse F7 had blown. Uh Oh, that's not good.

I just checked the old board and Wolverine is working now so it seems the coil and the driver are okay using the old revision aux board.

1 week later
#2 10 years ago

Free Bump.

I just got a new aux driver board and secondary wiring harness.
No instructions included. If anyone knows hookup procedure it would be greatly appreciated.
Otherwise I will try to call mon or tue during business hours to get instructions.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-x-men-le-replacement-aux-board-fried-something-good and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.