Unknown.jpeg
3051-vibrostation.jpg
creech.jpg
YXyM9Gs[1].gif
wrestlingbuddies.jpg
MM.jpg
Fashion Show.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

This thread is for those who would like to show their dismay for the newest stern. This will also help keep us from ruining others posts whom regard it highly.

Personally I have never bought a nib so my opinion is meaningless but that won't stop me from bashing.
Wrestlemania... Do people still watch wrestling? Why? Who are the marketing this to? Maybe I can't relate because I'm not who they're pandering to, which becomes more evident with each machine they release. Maybe when I'm older they'll come out with some equally cheesy machines like a "gangnam style pinball machine"

Thank God for Jersey Jack he is here to save pinball from a painful death at the hands of stern.

#2 9 years ago

I don't watch wrestling anymore. Watched it in 80s 90s and early early 2000s

With that being said my neighbor still watches it religously. I would watch a main feature like summer slam or wrestlemania if they had classic headliners like the rock a few years ago

Wrestling is no different than the ppl collecting hobbit stuff and role playing or just like how I saw 2 guys drinking non stop pop at a restaurant playing lord of the ring cards

#3 9 years ago

too many threads ...

#4 9 years ago

I like turtles.

#5 9 years ago

MMr sucks...

#6 9 years ago

people who watch wrestling > people who play pinball

stern is in the business of selling more machines, and drawing people into pinball. not decorating your game room. it's brilliant really.

#7 9 years ago

As long as this thread stays focused on the games and does not become a flame-fest, it will remain open.

If it turns ugly, it will be closed. Consider this the warning to all benches.

Marcus

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

As long as this thread stays focused on the games and does not become a flame-fest, it will remain open.
If it turns ugly, it will be closed. Consider this the warning to all benches.
Marcus

Might as well close it now...

#9 9 years ago

I would say close it down already; it clearly states bashing thread

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Thank God for Jersey Jack he is here to save pinball from a painful death at the hands of stern.

If this isn't sarcasm, then it's an early contender for the most moronic Pinside quote of 2015.

#11 9 years ago

Not more Censorship!

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

I would say close it down already; it clearly states bashing thread

Um, if it reduces the signal to noise ratio on the other thread where people want to discuss the game...without drama... who cares? Drain this thread and be done. It's what I'm going to do, but I TOTALLY SUPPORT THE OP'S IDEA OF KEEPING IT OUT OF THE OTHER THREADS!

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

If this isn't sarcasm, then it's an early contender for the most moronic Pinside quote of 2015.

Wow you guys made it a whole 6 minutes before the first personal attack. /facepalm.

#14 9 years ago

I can't believe all you nerds still play pinball either. Did you know it's 2014 and pinball is fake?

#15 9 years ago

IBFTL

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

You can thank Jack for the $8000.00 price tag that are on all games right now. Pinballs were much cheaper until Jack came along. I have been selling games for quite some time New\Used. Stern followed him because they saw that people were willing to pay it.

If anything Jack has shown that he didn't know what he was doing when he got into the business, and in my opinion still doesn't. He is struggling to stay afloat. I will be surprised if he even releases a third title.

#17 9 years ago

I don't understand all the hate for this title. I don't like wrestling, never did but as far as a marketable pinball machine, this theme seems like it will sell, maybe not to Pinsider's or collectors but operators and chain arcades/barcades.

I don't think this pin is intended for us. Stern has stated many times that the majority of their sales are to operators. This pin is being promoted as more reliable and easier to repair addressing many of the complaints that ops and arcade owners have about pinball on location.

I think this game will be a big hit for Stern and a good earner for ops. Time well tell I suppose.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Wow you guys made it a whole 6 minutes before the first personal attack. /facepalm.

Personal attack?? I didn't call the OP a moron... I called his statement "moronic".... Which it is.

In your eyes, started a "bashing" thread on Stern is a-ok... Commenting on a ridiculous statement..... not so much?!

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from Brehhah:

You can thank Jack for the $8000.00 price tag that are on all games right now. Pinballs were much cheaper until Jack came along. I have been selling games for quite some time New\Used. Stern followed him because they saw that people were willing to pay it.
If anything Jack has shown that he didn't know what he was doing when he got into the business, and in my opinion still doesn't. He is struggling to stay afloat. I will be surprised if he even releases a third title.

Now THIS will get a mod's attention.... IBTL.

#20 9 years ago

I prefer real sports so I don't have time for the fake lowbrow stuff.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

This thread is for those who would like to show their dismay for the newest stern. This will also help keep us from ruining others posts whom regard it highly.
Personally I have never bought a nib so my opinion is meaningless but that won't stop me from bashing.
Wrestlemania... Do people still watch wrestling? Why? Who are the marketing this to? Maybe I can't relate because I'm not who they're pandering to, which becomes more evident with each machine they release. Maybe when I'm older they'll come out with some equally cheesy machines like a "gangnam style pinball machine"

So stern should only make themes you like, and forget about trying to attract people with different tastes than yours?

#22 9 years ago

Yes : )

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Now THIS will get a mod's attention.... IBTL.

I met Robin at Expo. I can contact him personally about it if you would like. =)

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

So stern should only make themes you like, and forget about trying to attract people with different tastes than yours?

Do they want big sales or not?

#25 9 years ago

In before the head-lock.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from Brehhah:

I don't know... if any pin deserved an $8000 price tag it was WoZ. I don't like it and would never own one but there's a lot too it. And many got theirs for $6500/$7500! Not saying its a great pin to play but as far as build and bling... yes!

If MMr is worth $8000 w/o coin mechs... WoZ is worth $12k...

#27 9 years ago

A positive note, both LE buyers will have a limited edition!

#28 9 years ago

Hey I personally detest Wal-Mart, but a lot of people don't.
In my gameroom, the only oiled-up guy in their underwear is me.

Can you imagine the morbidly obese coin this game would pull in a Wally World ?
Operators dream.

#29 9 years ago

Not gonna lie, while the theme has zero interest for me, I do like seeing the new tech and the cool mini playfield. Definitely looking forward to playing one in the wild!

#30 9 years ago

I'm not a wrestling fan by any means. I did watch it when I was a kid. I think this game is a great move by Stern to bring pinball to a wider audience. I don't really pay attention to themes anyway when I play a game. If it's a good playing machine with cool rules than I could care less what is on the backglass.

I'm not sure why you all care so much. Remember what your mother used to tell you; "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all."

I don't understand all the disdain for Stern when they keep pumping out quality pinball machines for us to enjoy regardless if it's a theme you dig or not.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

My apologies to the 3 people who actually are considering buying the game in the USA.

It's a throw away title, Stern knows it, Trudeau admitted to it. Movin' on...

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Do they want big sales or not?

This title does not have to put up sales numbers near AC DC to have an effect on their bottom line. If more people get into pinball because of this title then they are potential customers for other titles in the future.

#34 9 years ago

Gameplay > Theme

So I'll wait and see.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

A positive note, both LE buyers will have a limited edition!

Subtle humor is sometimes the best.

#36 9 years ago

Positive : lots of new people getting into pinball.
On the other hand : Massive influx on Pinside of bad spellers.

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Source? Where did you read this? I don't believe there is such a thing as throw away licenses.

#38 9 years ago

Not one I would be interested in buying, but I would sink a few bucks in if I could find one. If it sells reasonably well that would be great. I'm just glad that pinball is alive.

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Yeah. I'm sure they're producing machines just for the fk of it. ROFL!!

#40 9 years ago

Imagine if Pinside were around during the releases of the 80s - 90s??

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

Haha, funny thought. Personally, I have nothing with wrestling so my initial reaction was "ugh". But hey, if the game is fun, who cares? Did Tron makes sense as a license? Ripleys? Johnny Mnemonic? No Fear? Congo? The Shadow? Heck, even the Addams Family? I'm trying to place myself in that time and surely each of those title made a lot of people go "ugh". But hey, they're all fun/cool/great games.

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from robin:

Haha, funny thought. Personally, I have nothing with wrestling so my initial reaction was "ugh". But hey, if the game is fun, who cares? Did Tron makes sense as a license? Ripleys? Johnny Mnemonic? No Fear? Congo? The Shadow? Heck, even the Addams Family? I'm trying to place myself in that time and surely each of those title made a lot of people go "ugh". But hey, they're all fun/cool/great games.

Who the hell wants The Shadow!? Where's my WWF Pin!

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

Oh man...imagine if it was around for the 50's and 60's???
Fashion Show.jpgFashion Show.jpg

What do you think the reaction would be to something like "Fashion Show??"

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Oh man...imagine if it was around for the 50's and 60's???

Not gonna lie...50s would have been a bit dicey

MM.jpgMM.jpg
#45 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Not gonna lie...50s would have been a bit dicey

MM.jpg 61 KB

Oh, ouch. Have never seen that one before.

Wow...

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from robin:

Did Tron makes sense as a license? Ripleys? Johnny Mnemonic?

JM still doesn't

#47 9 years ago

I was counting all the racist EM titles at the Silverball museum. Yikes! For a time when you could not show two people in the same bed on TV, they were perfectly fine with racism right out in the open.

I did enjoy playing "Big Brave" and then felt a little guilty. I settled on "game is fun, theme is wrong".

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

I did enjoy playing "Big Brave" and then felt a little guilty. I settled on "game is fun, theme is wrong".

Vault edition of "Big Injun" I believe....so they got better

#49 9 years ago

Who cares if you watch wrestling. I don't watch monty python and I like MM. I don't watch TAF, TZ, Mars Attacks, etc and all those games kick ass. I will judge this game on game play alone, And since so many of you are boycotting the game, I'll be purchasing two of them.

BTW, I can't stand wrestling. I have never watched and never will, but that is not going to stop me from playing a pin.

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

And since so many of you are boycotting the game, I'll be purchasing two of them.

Some of us bashing the title are already smart enough not to by NIB in release phase. Luckily you'll just wHip out your bank roll and buy some more to make up the diff.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-wrestlemania-bashing-thread and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.