You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MPU_J5_to_SB100.png
J5 (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

Hi All...

I was having problems with my flippers not working on my Wild Fyre. I have an Alltexk MPU, SDB amd LED driver board.

I had just replaced all the .100 female pins but found that if I pushed pin 5 sideways the flippers started working. I pulled the board off and looked at the soldering and it looked OK but decided to change the MPU as had one handy.

I stupidly forgot to note how the J5 plugs went back on and for some really dumb reason Stern has 32 pins and 31 holes in 2 plugs so I don't know which way they go back on. Someone has marked them L and R but it just doesn't work when connected.

Can someone, preferably who has a Wild Fyre, send me a photo of the exact position of the plugs or maybe anyone with a Stern SS as I assume they would be the same position?

Or maybe a wiring diagram of the MPU?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

J5 (resized).jpgJ5 (resized).jpg
#2 3 years ago
Quoted from GT40:

forgot to note how the J5 plugs went back on and for some really dumb reason Stern has 32 pins and 31 holes in 2 plugs so I don't know which way they go back on.

Molex single 32 pin connector housings don't exist so that cable had to be split in two.

The Stern MPU J5 connector to the SB100 sound board is the same setup for all the early Sterns.

MPU J5 pin 1 through 32 connects to sound board pin 1 through to 32 respectively.
MPU board J5 pins 33 and 34 must not be connected -they should remain exposed.

MPU_J5_to_SB100.pngMPU_J5_to_SB100.png

#3 3 years ago

Hi Quench

Thanks for your help... much appreciated.

Paul

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-wild-fyre-mpu-plug-positions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.