photo 4.JPG
photo 5.JPG
photo 4(2).JPG
photo 3(1).JPG
photo 4(1).JPG
photo 3(2).JPG
photo 3.JPG
photo 2.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cheezywhiz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 10 years ago

I confess... I picked this up from Levi today. Had to stash my Star Wars at a buddy's place since I only have room for one machine at a time; NY apartments aren't very spacious.

Already installed a new power cord. Reattached the head. Booted her up and it seems 100% functional mechanically. Flippers are nice and strong. Sound is doing some weird things, so that's where I'll start in tomorrow. Along with ordering some new rubber.

I love the Collect Bonus hole on this machine.. and the theme is fantastic.

Thanks Levi!

3 weeks later
#18 9 years ago

Recognize this machine, Levi?

It cleaned up nicely. =)

IMG_6009.jpgIMG_6009.jpg
IMG_6010.JPGIMG_6010.JPG
IMG_6012.JPGIMG_6012.JPG
IMG_6021.JPGIMG_6021.JPG

IMG_6046.jpgIMG_6046.jpg
#20 9 years ago

Thanks. It took way more time that I expected -- huge learning experience. I haven't even played it yet myself. I'll def send you an invite once I get it all finished and tuned. I still intend to add an external battery holder, replace the capacitors, refinish the legs and side rails. One display is missing the first digit.. also need to look into that.

On power up, there's a horrible blaring sound from the speakers (even with the volume turned down) that dies out after a few seconds and then everything works fine. I'm guessing that's probably due to a bad capacitor. What do you think?

#23 9 years ago

Thanks! I finally took it for a spin the other day. It's a fun game to play.

Still need to work on the flippers.. too much wiggle -- can't dead pass from left side.
Also want to mod the sound board to produce lower tones. The sound is pretty annoying.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 69.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cheezywhiz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-wild-fyre-400-nyc?tu=cheezywhiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.