(Topic ID: 68343)

:( STERN!!!! Where's the friggin Code!!!

By ChadNC

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 127 posts
  • 71 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by lllvjr
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
code.gif
147387.jpg
1276_lines_of_code3.png
codes.jpg
images-1.jpeg
image-255.jpg
tblt.jpg
There are 127 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 10 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

I have signed the pledge!

I signed it when I cancelled my STLE....

#102 10 years ago

Here's our answer

image.jpgimage.jpg
1 week later
#103 10 years ago

Any updates on Xmen, ACDC, Met code release dates???

#104 10 years ago

I wouldn't expect any updates anytime soon if at all, its just a "business decision" by Stern, Ops and the casual player don't care and the HUO market is not big enough for him to really care.

Only motivation is to get 2 1/2 pins out per year, licensed ones, that the "Euro's will write the 300k checks up front".

The solution for the HUO guy is just to wait and see if they ever get done like Ac/dc or buy and just be prepared to be frustrated.

He can't even get around to putting a $2 headphone jack into the pin because it just doesn't fit into the "go out into the bars, have some drinks and play pinball" mentality, nothing wrong with that, but that is where the sales are apparently.

Getting worked up over code and the pinside outrage over it simply falls on deaf ears.

#105 10 years ago

Code is coming soon !!!

#106 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I wouldn't expect any updates anytime soon if at all, its just a "business decision" by Stern, Ops and the casual player don't care and the HUO market is not big enough for him to really care.
Only motivation is to get 2 1/2 pins out per year, licensed ones, that the "Euro's will write the 300k checks up front".
The solution for the HUO guy is just to wait and see if they ever get done like Ac/dc or buy and just be prepared to be frustrated.
He can't even get around to putting a $2 headphone jack into the pin because it just doesn't fit into the "go out into the bars, have some drinks and play pinball" mentality, nothing wrong with that, but that is where the sales are apparently.
Getting worked up over code and the pinside outrage over it simply falls on deaf ears.

I'm not so sure about this. I think Stern's HUO market is a large portion of their business. I'd be willing to bet its growing and at least 40 % of overall sales if not more

#107 10 years ago

He stated that the commercial market was about 20% in the US, but that it accounted for nearly most of the overseas market. If overseas is 50% of their business, then that would leave the home market as about 40% of the overall market. Of course he said they don't release numbers so people won't try to calculate details of their business.

#108 10 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Code is coming soon !!!

Based on what?

#109 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Why thumbs down this post? Ice was pretty much summing up exactly what Gary said in yesterday's seminar, lol. It's not Ice's fault, don't shoot the messenger!

And while I highly suspect that at LEAST an XM update is in the works, and I would expect MET as well, there's no "expected release date". It will be out when it's ready. I'm fine with them taking as much time as they have to finish code updates, as long as they're working on it.

But yeah, the way Gary talked about software at the seminar was NOT comforting to the home market, lol

#110 10 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

I'm fine with them taking as much time as they have to finish code updates, as long as they're working on it.

But yeah, the way Gary talked about software at the seminar was NOT comforting to the home market, lol

Exactly, don't shoot the messenger! It was a little disappointing to hear but hey, if the HUO market is really 40% then maybe there is some hope.

I thought Steve R. said that XM is not likely to happen when he spoke in Houston earlier in the month, MET should be a guarantee, hopefully soon, if they finish it I'm probably in for that one!

#111 10 years ago

its like ICE and I were listening to a different speech...

#112 10 years ago

I just keep hearing its coming soon. When who knows.

1 week later
#113 10 years ago

Weeks just keep going by and no updates. Thinking of buying a WOZ or STLE. This is making my choice easier.

#114 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

Weeks just keep going by and no updates. Thinking of buying a WOZ or STLE. This is making my choice easier.

Not sure if you are being sarcastic; but both of these aren't done either.

#115 10 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

But we are almost done and communicate so. And chad can call my cell to talk code

#116 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

But we are almost done and communicate so. And chad can call my cell to talk code

Low blow Pinchroma...we don't need no stinkin' communications...

#117 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

Stern's apparent lack of concern for the home market is going to bite them in the a$$. About 400 Pinsider's own a Metallica. That's a big number of home use games just on Pinside. Sadly, they will probably blame the down turn on too much competition, rather than realizing their own failings at communication and updates.

#118 10 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Not being sarcastic at all. What I'm trying to imply is that I'm in the market for a new pin. The 2 that have my interest are STLE and WOZ. Out of thoose 2 we have stern who obviously doesn't care about the HUO buyer and we have JJ who has been releasing updates pretty much monthly. Now I don't expect monthly updates or a finished pin upon release but I've had Metallica for several months with one small update.
What I'm trying to subtly (apparently unsuccessfully) demonstrate is that my customer loyalty to Stern Pinball is beginning to falter. I would like to be reassured and have them step up to the plate however I don't anticipate it to happen.
They have a business model that is successful to the bean counter that they have. They will only update if it is profitable and as I can't blame any one for squeezing out profit i understand why they're doing it. As a consumer of high end products I demand a certain level of quality. If I don't recieve it I will shop somewhere else.
- I have MMLE and Predator on preorder and WOZ very well may be next instead of ST. The only person that can change my mind is Gary Stern instructing his employees to complete their tasks.

#119 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

Not being sarcastic at all. What I'm trying to imply is that I'm in the market for a new pin. The 2 that have my interest are STLE and WOZ. Out of thoose 2 we have stern who obviously doesn't care about the HUO buyer and we have JJ who has been releasing updates pretty much monthly. Now I don't expect monthly updates or a finished pin upon release but I've had Metallica for several months with one small update.
What I'm trying to subtly (apparently unsuccessfully) demonstrate is that my customer loyalty to Stern Pinball is beginning to falter. I would like to be reassured and have them step up to the plate however I don't anticipate it to happen.
They have a business model that is successful to the bean counter that they have. They will only update if it is profitable and as I can't blame any one for squeezing out profit i understand why they're doing it. As a consumer of high end products I demand a certain level of quality. If I don't recieve it I will shop somewhere else.
- I have MMLE and Predator on preorder and WOZ very well may be next instead of ST. The only person that can change my mind is Gary Stern instructing his employees to complete their tasks.

To me the point is moot, for 8K+ the game is finished.
IMO all of them are playing us like a bunch of saps seeing who can bend us over the furthest while laughing all the way to the bank.
If you listen you can hear the sound of one hand clapping way off in the distance.

#120 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

IMO all of them are playing us like a bunch of saps seeing who can bend us over the furthest while laughing all the way to the bank.

This.

I don't know why anyone would give JJP a pass on code any more than Stern if they have actually parted with cash and are unhappy with WoZ code at this point. Yeah theres the whole "its their first game", but then why not cut Stern slack because "well, they release so many games"? There's no denying Stern machines are actually playing well (even Avengers imo) and have some nice features lately... to me if we cut JJP slack on code because they are new, we cut Stern slack because they have too many great machines out.

Frankly, I don't cut either of them slack. Metallica will be the last time I buy a machine in a state I deem 'incomplete'. The next machine I buy, whether it be ST, The Hobbit, or whatever pops up next, will be complete to a point I'm content with before I pull the trigger.

#121 10 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Frankly, I don't cut either of them slack. Metallica will be the last time I buy a machine in a state I deem 'incomplete'. The next machine I buy, whether it be ST, The Hobbit, or whatever pops up next, will be complete to a point I'm content with before I pull the trigger.

Something I can agree with!

#122 10 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

This.
I don't know why anyone would give JJP a pass on code any more than Stern if they have actually parted with cash and are unhappy with WoZ code at this point. Yeah theres the whole "its their first game", but then why not cut Stern slack because "well, they release so many games"? There's no denying Stern machines are actually playing well (even Avengers imo) and have some nice features lately... to me if we cut JJP slack on code because they are new, we cut Stern slack because they have too many great machines out.

The difference is that JJP admits their code is not done. They have modes that have not yet been added and have promised to keep working on it until its finished.
Stern just sells you a game that has most modes but not all of the modes are complete or smoothly integrated. And they promise nothing after they have sold out the games. Some people here get rumors of updated code coming from various people at Stern but none of the information is consistent from one employee to the next.

1 week later
#123 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Something I can agree with!

I'm with ya too. It would be nice if they at least gave a timeframe on updates.

#124 10 years ago

Stern burned me for the last time with the code on Xmen LE. I thought they would not do it again after all the heat they got on Transformers. I'm done with them. Any future games will be PPS remakes or JJP. Or maybe some of the older games I never had like CFTBL, TSPP etc.

#125 10 years ago

I wish astern would open source their code and assembly software. Many of us could fix these coding issues ourselves and share them with the community.

#126 10 years ago

Yes, when is the code going to be complete. How do you get "community chest"?

#127 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Lol its a lot more then $2 in parts.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 25.50
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

7,600 (OBO)
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 127 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-wheres-the-friggin-code/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.