Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 123 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by sepins
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you be in for a Premium Tron VE”

• Hell yar! Ca$h ready :D 38 votes
      51%
    • No way - Stern told me my Tron LE was a collectors edition - Stuff you - No Premiums 14 votes
      19%
    • Who cares - I'm out of here! 22 votes
      30%

(74 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

anigif_enhanced-buzz-30415-1387577532-0.gif
    013.jpg
    9.outside-512.JPG
    tron-premium-2.jpg
    tron-premium-3.jpg
    tron-premium-1.jpg
    1111111_rock-your-ugly-christmas-sweater-guy12.jpg
    images-1.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    tron premium.jpg
    165314.jpg
    293914.jpg
    Eating-Popcorn-GIF.gif
    images-18.jpeg
    image.jpg
    There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 9 years ago

Frankly after this year I have no idea what Stern will or won't do...

#52 9 years ago

I'm for Stern doing another run of Tron, but I still think it's unlikely to happen so soon. No one can really say that it's not going to happen unless they somehow have a telekinetic state of quantum entanglement with someone who would make that decision at Stern. It's really anyone's guess right now.

Edit: I just noticed my profile avatar is missing.

#53 9 years ago

My vote goes to no future premiums being made. Just sayin....

#54 9 years ago

About a month ago when the first of three tron le popped up I put a offer in of $8500.. Knowing I would be into it for $9k after shipping, I felt the market was saturated with so many new games coming out that it could possibly cause a drop in the tron le value. More that pop up for sale in close sale dates less they will get for them. So anyway the 10500 price came down to $9500 privately. I didn't budge neither did he. I had one more possible tron le.. Now a month later I'm glad I didn't make the purchase on the second one. tron le 400 of 400 that was going to cost me about $11500... Crazy days ahead!!

#55 9 years ago

Somewhere, over the rainbow...

#56 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I will leave Pinside forever.

But what would you do with all that spare time?

#57 9 years ago

The best reason to be on the pro ve train is so that stern programmers could finally for once catch up with their shit! These unfinished buggy games need quicker turn around stern!

#58 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

He'll finally get to play his pinball machines instead of posting here!!!

#59 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Play Tron

#60 9 years ago

man, there's lots of trons (pro and LE) for sale... too bad no one is buying them.
    i guess there aren't any real Tron buyers out there.

#61 9 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

there's lots of trons (pro and LE) for sale... too bad no one is buying them.

I'm sure Stern is aware that people are saving their money for a VE.

#62 9 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

man, there's lots of trons (pro and LE) for sale... too bad no one is buying them.

A Tron LE is an extreme desire of mine. I just learned that I have selling restrictions on my eBay account ($300 worth of stuff a month), so I'm having trouble finding a place to sell my Felix machine. It's really the only thing I can unload to afford one of these awesome games.

#63 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinballsmith:

A TRON LE is an extreme desire of mine. I just learned that I have selling restrictions on my eBay account ($300 worth of stuff a month), so I'm having trouble finding a place to sell my Felix machine. It's really the only thing I can unload to afford one of these awesome games.

klov

#64 9 years ago

I'd be a victim of a video game witch hunt if I posted this for sale over there. Those guys are something else with this title...

#65 9 years ago

I'd be a victim of a video game witch hunt if I posted this for sale over there. Those guys are something else with this title...

hehehehe.... yup. i've almost completely given up on that site. the dark side is strong with them.
    put it up for sale here. lots of folks here with arcades too.

here's 1 of mine

9.outside-512.JPG9.outside-512.JPG

#66 9 years ago

Q:"Where are your tron premiums?"

A:here is one
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-huo-tronle-1-owner-madison-wi-9k/page/2#post-2113577

there are only 400 made and they are already sold out.
    Says Premium right on the box and the pf and came with a certificate saying it is forever limited to 400...

#67 9 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

hehehehe.... yup. i've almost completely given up on that site. the dark side is strong with them.
    put it up for sale here. lots of folks here with arcades too.
    here's 1 of mine

9.outside-512.JPG 62 KB

Games like EDOT make me wonder if pinball is the answer. I would love to run into one someday, but the cabinet probably wouldn't make it into the basement unless I jacked the house up.

#68 9 years ago

A TRON LE is an extreme desire of mine. I just learned that I have selling restrictions on my eBay account ($300 worth of stuff a month), so I'm having trouble finding a place to sell my Felix machine. It's really the only thing I can unload to afford one of these awesome games.

Wow why such a low restriction?

I think there was a member here looking for one, Kendra maybe?

#69 9 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

The best reason to be on the pro ve train is so that stern programmers could finally for once catch up with their shit! These unfinished buggy games need quicker turn around stern!

If only it were that simple.

Clearly we have more than enough evidence to know it's not. I don't think IM VE made a crap load of difference in terms of Stern programmers "catching up with their shit"!

#70 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-huo-tronle-1-owner-madison-wi-9k/page/2#post-2113577
    Says Premium right on the box and the pf and came with a certificate saying it is forever limited to 400...

We meant reasonably priced ones.

#71 9 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

We meant reasonably priced ones.

pretty sure this is the most reasonably priced TronPremiumLE seen in the past few years???

#72 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

While I totally get where you are coming from on this, the only point I am making is that Stern will not make any more of that particular premium/le. However, Stern would be able to do a different premium version. But Stern may not due to licensing and possibly low demand.

Further, I think if they did another TRON it would be likely be the VE. I THINK most people would be okay with a TRON VE (PRO version with new cab, LEDs, updated decals, etc).

People seem to be very passionate about this topic. While I am growing a bit tired of it as well, I am interested to see how it plays out.

#73 9 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

Actually, it doesn't seem like there are any real sellers. If there were, they'd lower their prices so that they'd actually sell.

And it's this very thing that makes the market ripe for a VE. Oh, sellers won't take any less than $5500 for their Trons. "Well, let's see if people are willing to spend $4650 NIB for a VE with included LED's, foil cab art and cool blue molding on the back box", says Stern. "Well, yes we are", say lots and lots of buyers.

#74 9 years ago

keep dreaming

#75 9 years ago

For all the guys that really believe that Stern will make a full featured (i.e. LE equivalent with all modes and full lighting, etc...), how about putting some money on this?

June 17 2015, 6 months from today, I bet you still dont have a full featured tronVE.

name your price?

#76 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

full featured tronVE

and by full featured you just mean a TRON VE right? A TRON VE is a TRON VE ...

not a betting guy and I feel it is 50 / 50 anyway - not good enough odds for me

#77 9 years ago

I mean with all the features offered by the limited edition of 400 > lights and all that jazz.

So many people think Stern is coming out with something comparable to the LE and I think they are completely wrong. They may come out with a stock pro model like they have numerous times already, but not a LE equivalent.

#78 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

June 17 2015, 6 months from today, I bet you still dont have a full featured tronVE.

name your price?

I'll take that bet. $1. I want the end date of the bet to be September 18 2015.
    Yes. I am a big spender.

#79 9 years ago

why would stern sell Tron machines at $4650 NIB ?

currently:
    Mustang Pro = MSRP $5,995 (and this isn't a hot selling game = low market demand)
    Walking Dead Pro = MSRP $5,995
    Star Trek Pro = MSRP $5,995

it looks like the last batch of Tron Pro's sold for MSRP $5,699 some time back before those 3 newer pins above (i think).

There's several Tron Pro's available / for sale today for $6k.
    Why wouldn't a buyer who wants Tron just buy one now at the same price?

Why would Stern reduce their currently established market price of $5995 by ($1345) ?

-----
    some questions:

1. Does anyone think Stern will lower their current market Pro prices less than $5995 to set more Tron's ? (especially with all this pinned up demand. doesn't that mean even higher prices?)

2. If someone wants a Tron now, can't they buy it at that same price that Stern would probably sell them at?

3. Exactly how many people want a Tron at $5995, which is probably the realistic sales price? Fifty? Ten? Less?
    (not people who just "say" they would, I mean, "actual" buyers. cash in hand ready NOW.)

#80 9 years ago

TronVE would probably be around ~$5000 if they want to sell 1000. The less they want to sell the more it will be.

I wouldn't want to buy one now because there isn't one for sell in my area. Buying NIB i get one delivered to my door that has a warranty and refinements.

MSRP means nothing

I think I answered your questions..

#81 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

For all the guys that really believe that Stern will make a full featured (i.e. LE equivalent with all modes and full lighting, etc...), how about putting some money on this?
    name your price?

Stern isn't going to do a full feature premium. They have no way to get the 3D backglass, which is one of the best backglasses ever, for example.

The lit ramps is another question. Stern has seen how much money Eli's mod made and they know that feature alone will sell more games and at higher prices. Why let the secondary market make that money?

I really don't know what Stern will do. None of us do. A lot depends on how well TWD does in my view. If it is a hot seller and keeps the lines going until the next new game then great, no vault game needed. If LOTRs is next up anyway, as has been suggested by some, then Tron falls to late next year.

#82 9 years ago

Stern would be canibalizing their own market by lowering the price.
    Couldn't Stern sell more Walking Dead if the price was $5000 ? But they don't, why is that?
    Couldn't PPS sell more MMR's if the price was less than $8000?

...just asking...
    playing devil's advocate

#83 9 years ago
    Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

I'll take that bet. $1. I want the end date of the bet to be September 18 2015.
    Yes. I am a big spender.

6months should be more than enough if you think it will actually happen. That gets you through 2 more games and time for a filler VE of something if you think that is going to happen...

#84 9 years ago
    Quoted from ZenTron:

TronVE would probably be around ~$5000 if they want to sell 1000. The less they want to sell the more it will be.
    I wouldn't want to buy one now because there isn't one for sell in my area. Buying NIB i get one delivered to my door that has a warranty and refinements.
    MSRP means nothing
    I think I answered your questions..

Yea, there is a reason NIB sells for more than fully modded out used versions. Personally, I'd rather a fully modded Tron LE than a NIB Tron Premium I had to put another 2k in but that is just me.

Gosh, I miss my Tron...

#85 9 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Gosh, I miss my Tron...

That'll learn ya!

#86 9 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

I just bought one of the Trons on here 2 days ago. I realize they may never make a TRON VE, and I want the game to play the game! i dont want to waste time sitting, not playing tron, dreaming that they will make one. And if they do, and sell if for less than i paid for my HUO fully modded version, then great! I think i got a great deal on mine, and it will be here soon!

#87 9 years ago

That is the most logical post I have read in a long time.

#88 9 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

why would stern sell Tron machines at $4650 NIB ?
    currently:
    Mustang Pro = MSRP $5,995 (and this isn't a hot selling game = low market demand)
    Walking Dead Pro = MSRP $5,995
    Star Trek Pro = MSRP $5,995
    it looks like the last batch of Tron Pro's sold for MSRP $5,699 some time back before those 3 newer pins above (i think).
    There's several Tron Pro's available / for sale today for $6k.
    Why wouldn't a buyer who wants Tron just buy one now at the same price?
    Why would Stern reduce their currently established market price of $5995 by ($1345) ?
    -----
    some questions:
    1. Does anyone think Stern will lower their current market Pro prices less than $5995 to set more Tron's ? (especially with all this pinned up demand. doesn't that mean even higher prices?)
    2. If someone wants a Tron now, can't they buy it at that same price that Stern would probably sell them at?
    3. Exactly how many people want a Tron at $5995, which is probably the realistic sales price? Fifty? Ten? Less?
    (not people who just "say" they would, I mean, "actual" buyers. cash in hand ready NOW.)

I am sure you realize that the MSRP is the sucker's price. I suspect a Tron Pro VE (with LEDs) would be around $4900 shipped ($6000 MSRP) if it were made and a Tron Deluxe VE (LE without the chrome armor and 3D translite) would be around $6500 shipped ($7500 MSRP).

#89 9 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

I am sure you realize that the MSRP is the sucker's price. I suspect a Tron Pro VE (with LEDs) would be around $4900 shipped ($6000 MSRP) if it were made and a Tron Deluxe (LE without the chrome armor and 3D translite) would be around $6500 shipped ($7500 MSRP).

but given this pinned up demand, why would Stern sell for bottom dollar?
    wouldn't they want to maximize their revenue based on the volume of opportunity?
    ps. not sure what the volume is?

#90 9 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

wouldn't they want to maximize their revenue based on the volume of opportunity?

There is demand for NIB at the normal Pro/Premium pricing. The possibility of VE's brings the prices of used games down because so many people love the NIB experience and think every title they covet will be made as VE.

The moral of the story is buy to play and enjoy, not as an investment.

#91 9 years ago

but how many people want NIB ?
    how big is the run ?

#92 9 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

how big is the run ?

Spread over a few years, I am sure they could sell at least 500 Tron deluxe VE's, LOTR VE's, SM VEs, and likely TSPP VEs.

I also suspect that ACDC LUCI as a VE in a year or two would sell 500.

I am at the point where I hope every game that has a LE model also has a Premium model even if it is a VE Premium/Deluxe for games that are out of production.
    I guess SM would be the exception since there is no feature spread between the red and black version.

#93 9 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

how big is the run ?

Probably sell between 500-1,000 to distributors for resale at the $6,000 mark with the full VE LEDs, high Rez decals, lit ramps, drop targets and daft punk multiball. Regular armor (no chrome), no cool 3d backglass. No moving recognizer. No playfield toys (ie no light cycles). Crappy lock bar.

That is a total guess, hence the wide range. The last run of tron they did was very small (300 I heard)...so if they want to do a big run at a higher price they need to add new features.

#94 9 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

so if they want to do a big run at a higher price they need to add new features.

Oh, they will..
    013.jpg013.jpg

#95 9 years ago

so... if we knew of 5 loud people on pinside who say they'd buy it (at some potentially low price point), could we extrapolate there is a 100X to 200X actual market demand size ?

#96 9 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

Because they sold the IM VE at their normal Pro prices even though street price was more than tron ($6000). That's what Stern does, sells Pros at at their normal price, because they are the only ones in the world that can do that, and thus continue to retain the the majority of worldwide NIB sales.

#97 9 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

Because they sold the IM VE at their normal Pro prices even though street price was more than tron ($6000). That's what Stern does, sells Pros at at their normal price, because they are the only ones in the world that can do that, and thus continue to retain the the majority of worldwide NIB sales.

but is it just the basic Pro Tron, like the previous follow-up runs, or does it include many of these upgrades people are talking about. if so, what's the price a consumer can pay for it?

#98 9 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

but is it just the basic Pro Tron, like the previous follow-up runs, or does it include many of these upgrades people are talking about. if so, what's the price a consumer can pay for it?

We don't know what it will be yet or even if it will be. We just have our suspicions. One thing is for sure, it will have a full LED lighting in GI and inserts if it is made and it will have nicer decals. Everything else is speculation.

#99 9 years ago

hmmm....

i wonder if the last run was maybe 300ish, has demand for Tron increased sense then to 500-1000 new desiring owners?
    ...or could it be another 100-300 run size, just filling a recent small (but loud) segment that has entered the market since last run?

with a little searching i was able to find NIB Tron pins still for sale.
    does Stern do additional runs of pins when NIB pins are still for sale at retail?

#100 9 years ago

its obvious they will just rerun a tron pro...they can charge more then the original tron pro run, still leave out the added costs of the ramp lights and what not and make a quick killing like they did on iron man ve...i have no idea where people came up with the idea of a premium getting done...but another influx of the pro model will affect the pro pricing why buy a used tron pro for 5500 when u can get a ve for 5k from them....not sure why people think it will destroy the le market...i think the tron le market will always stay above 8k as long as they just do a pro ve why would stern do a premium?

There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-where-are-our-tron-premiums/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.