Selection_091.png
tumblr_m9caypJGSu1rsqm2no1_500.jpg
thats what she said.jpg
AD009_LG1_original.jpg
image.jpg
spock_approves_by_kit_kat1982-d4mr6u1.jpg
Untitled.jpg
pitchfork_mob.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jawjaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#248 9 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

The "goofy" ship flings balls at you! Much cooler than a shaky toy that shines blinding light in your face.
The theme integration is brilliant. If you don't think so, you are in a small minority.
The ramps/cannons/wireforms are brilliant...especially for the timeframe.
Drain monster? STTNG is much more forgiving than many modern Sterns.
In any event, we obviously like different things. STLE is definitely fast, but not very entertaining to me.

I really like STTNG but that Borg ship is goofy looking. I don't remember it flinging balls at you - nothing like the Vengeance that rockets the ball at you. Layout in STTNG is fantastic and love the cannons. Wish ST had a cannon feature to shoot at the Vengeance - like the crossbow in TWD. I only played one STTNG and it was the biggest side drain monster I had ever played. The cannons made it really hard to see the ball until it was too late. It took me many plays just to get a decent game. Still a blast to play and I wouldn't argue against it being the best Star Trek game. I prefer the new ST but both are brilliant.

#260 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

This x 100. The mode start shots are the hardest shots in the game, and the player is expected to hit them repeatedly to keep things happening. So many times I see a casual player finish out a tier 1 mission, then spend the rest of the ball futilely trying to make one of those two shots til they drain. Even good players can get stymied by those shots and the game just kinda grinds to a halt. Add the Vengeance as a potential mode-start (since it can hold the ball)

This x1000. I've noticed the exact same thing. Novice players can easily hit other shots, start multiball, and battle the Vengeance but cannot start a mode. I'm getting better but still struggle to get one of the two shots. It's so frustrating when I drain or just can't get that shot the entire game and make little progress. On the other hand, it feels pretty good when I start hitting the shot repeatedly. Having the Vengeance start a mode is a great idea.

1 month later
#333 9 years ago

In Stern's defense, maybe it is easier to support games with fewer updates. If there were a bunch of small updates, then each update could potentially have different issues. Each update needs development and testing time so maybe it's more efficient to do one big update. I don't know. It does seem silly to leave customers upset over something that can probably be fixed in a short amount of time. All software gets regular updates these days so it's standard practice.

#392 9 years ago

The only worthwhile thing the pro is missing from the premium is the nice glossy paint job. The lasers are a gimmick and so what if the vengeance leans forward. More color changers are nice but I like the color choices of the pro. I like the clear look and smoothness of the plastic ramps. Art package is garbage but Aurich's alternative translite and decals are the best. I just got mine and put it on last night. Simply awesome.

A big new update is exciting! Any idea how long testing usually takes?

#400 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Can't beat 60 plus color changing LEDs and laser multi-ball. Sorry, Premium eats Pro's lunch.
Kinda like how I just ate your argument.

Uh, enjoy chewing on my argument I guess. If you are happy with the premium then great. It's a beautiful machine. I found it hard to justify spending a ton more for a few cosmetic things. Btw, since when was the pro msrp $6000? I bought mine in January and it was much less.

#408 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Pro is $5000. Premium is $6,500, hence $1,500 more.

Stern's website has them listed as $5995 and $7495. Pricing has changed. Pro was $5395 when I bought it and premium was more than $2000 on top of that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 24.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jawjaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-we-want-our-star-trek-code-now?tu=jawjaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.