Selection_091.png
tumblr_m9caypJGSu1rsqm2no1_500.jpg
thats what she said.jpg
AD009_LG1_original.jpg
image.jpg
spock_approves_by_kit_kat1982-d4mr6u1.jpg
Untitled.jpg
pitchfork_mob.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#106 9 years ago

Eh, I'm not worried. It was close to being done before it got broken, it's not that they've coded nothing. It's just obviously not a high priority, so we get left dangling in the wind. I just don't play my game much now. Whenever the update comes out I'll try and get back into it.

#125 9 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

something went wrong, and they didn't have time to fix it before having to move on to WWE

That is the case I believe. I know some details, but not all of them, so it's just informed speculation really. My further informed speculation is that Star Trek has suffered from too many programmers, and that's been part of the reason "something went wrong". But I'm sure there's a real story I'm not privy too, so I freely admit this is just a guess based on what little I do know.

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter. Ritchie is just as frustrated as we are, so I don't put it on him. It's just part of a systemic problem at the company. It's probably at least partially a case of being perpetually behind, so they're always playing catchup from previous titles. But my impression is that they start on the code just way late in the process.

Read that JT interview with Pinball Magazine. Wrestlemania is apparently about to ship, and he's talking about all kinds of unknowns in the code. It's obviously going to ship half assed. So it's probably not just about resources, it's part of how they work, period.

#132 9 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

So if the software situation is the same on richie's next game (lack of updates and lack of enabling of designed features in software), would you buy it within a year of its release?
I'm not.

Nope. I'm just saying, don't blame Ritchie. Doesn't mean I'll buy his next game out the gate. I really don't care what the theme is (and I mean ANY theme, no matter how "dreamy" it might be) not buying new games from Stern anymore unless they really demonstrate true change. And by that I mean specifically announcing that the game is shipping with "complete" code. Nothing less will sway me. And frankly even then I'd be wary, but I'm not unreasonable. Clear communication and admitting mistakes would be a great start.

Not holding my breath.

#136 9 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Don't blame the creative peeps, the business folks are completely to blame. Direct your hatred properly

I honestly have no hate in my heart for anyone in pinball. It's just frustration. Obviously the whole "I spent seven grand on this and the stupid rocks don't even light up" deal. But it's also frustrating because there's a good game there, and if people would just give it the little attention it deserves it could shine.

It's not horribly broken. And it's not a bad game. But it's got bugs and missing things and it just lacks that extra bit to keep veteran players shooting. I know it's been tough to balance the competing ideas of being easy and accessible for new players, and hard and deep and challenging for pros, but it's all so close.

#144 9 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

The last sentence wasn't directed at you. Just everybody who is pissed at stern for incomplete machines.

Oh I know, I wasn't taking it personally at all. I was just trying to set my tone, I think it's important to note that you can be frustrated without actually feeling hateful towards Stern. It's real money, and it's not something that isn't important, but at the same time ... it's just pinball. Can't let it get out of control on the emotional side.

#225 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

If ST was just released today and we knew exactly the current state of the code.....I would still buy one.

I honestly wouldn't. But I'm not about to sell it, I'm still confident more fixes are coming. All I'm asking for is a little communication.

#256 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

This x 100. The mode start shots are the hardest shots in the game, and the player is expected to hit them repeatedly to keep things happening. So many times I see a casual player finish out a tier 1 mission, then spend the rest of the ball futilely trying to make one of those two shots til they drain. Even good players can get stymied by those shots and the game just kinda grinds to a halt.

Yeah, it's an odd decision on a game that's obviously trying very hard to be newb friendly otherwise.

1 month later
#327 9 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

i'll bet anything in the past 3 months nobody touched the Star Trek code.

I don't think that's true actually, but I guess we'll find out. Here's hoping.

#340 9 years ago

I'm feeling good vibes. Everyone take a deep breath.

#342 9 years ago
Quoted from Goonie:

Where are these vibes you speak of originating from? We will squash them immediately!!!!

Pfft. Go ahead and try. You'll simply tire yourself out and in your weakened state be more susceptible to my positive influence!

#349 9 years ago
Quoted from Dis_Pinballer:

Aurich,
You would get better vibes using the Stern Bullshit Detector.
LOL

Nah, those things don't go off around me.

#357 9 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

While incompetent as Lonnie is He is not known for breaking code. Waison is though. Lonnie just writes boring rules.

Nicely summarized.

I'm still feeling the good energy. Gonna keep rocking the positive vibes until people decide I must be up to something and try it out themselves. I'm persistent!

#369 9 years ago
Quoted from Dis_Pinballer:

Aurich,
We need the BS Detector...
Is the news part of your vibes...
LOL

Feeelin' goood!

#374 9 years ago
Quoted from wontwa:

Via Logan Arcade's fb page:

The cat is slowly wriggling out of the bag.

#383 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I thought "code testing club" was supposed to be hush hush - but, cats out of the bag!

yes, but at least it was Ritchie who started leaking things, and not us!

#403 9 years ago

Can we seriously not have a Pro/Premium pissing match? Buy whatever makes you happy or you can afford.

I personally love my Premium's features, where I drew the line was the extra $$$ for the LE. But nothing wrong with the Pro, still plays great. We can all make our own calls.

Since the new code isn't a secret anymore just relax, good stuff is about to come to light.

Aww yeah, Premium.Aww yeah, Premium.

#410 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Just printed off your score cards, Aurich. They look even better on paper!
Thanks for the freebie!

Right on, you're welcome.

See if the rules on them stay current soon!

#412 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Does ST Premium/LE have any fancy GI effects like MET has, or is it all white?
Rob

All white, all the color changing is in the inserts. I love the color changing GI in Metallica, but it might be too much on Star Trek when the whole playfield is changing colors.

One might surmise that the new code will take advantage of all the Prem/LE lighting.

#416 9 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

Are these cards available for sale? My printer is dead

They're in the package I sent to you already. Hopefully it comes tomorrow, it's not there yet right?

#418 9 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

No they're not here yet. Probably tomorrow or Tuesday. takes about a week from Cali. to Fl.

So much for 2 day priority mail! When you open it the cards are in the bag with all the smaller decals.

#421 9 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Or, one might surmise, based on your insider knowledge, that you know this to be fact already.

That's a lot of surmising!

#431 9 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

I hope Keith Elwin lets Richie know if the apron lights work or if the cabinet phasers work or if the backbox lights work or if the asteroids work or if the ..................

Since you're not taking all the hints I'm going to just straight up tell you: yes. Yes, they work. The code is in good hands, all will be well. Don't worry about the lights.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
10,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winter Garden, FL
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods
Plastics

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-we-want-our-star-trek-code-now?tu=aurich and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.