Topic Stats

• 434 posts
  • 124 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by SunKing
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 21 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

images.jpg
st.png
288994.jpg
images.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
images.jpeg
this.gif
Selection_091.png
tumblr_m9caypJGSu1rsqm2no1_500.jpg
thats what she said.jpg
AD009_LG1_original.jpg
image.jpg
spock_approves_by_kit_kat1982-d4mr6u1.jpg
Untitled.jpg
pitchfork_mob.jpg

There are 434 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.
#401 4 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

You posted that Ritchie said that buyers found the Pro to be the better bargain. Sounds unlike something he'd say. I asked for a link.

I think you are twisting my words. Anyhow it doesn't matter since I'm not going to argue semantics.

Rob

#402 4 years ago

Why the hell are we arguing about the merits of Pro vs LE???

Different strokes.

I went Pro. Others like the LE........BFD.

Did you hear that new code WILL be coming?

#403 4 years ago

Can we seriously not have a Pro/Premium pissing match? Buy whatever makes you happy or you can afford.

I personally love my Premium's features, where I drew the line was the extra $$$ for the LE. But nothing wrong with the Pro, still plays great. We can all make our own calls.

Since the new code isn't a secret anymore just relax, good stuff is about to come to light.

Aww yeah, Premium.

#404 4 years ago

Since it sounds like the code is in the wild at Logans, has anyone played it and willing to comment?

#405 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Uh, enjoy chewing on my argument I guess. If you are happy with the premium then great. It's a beautiful machine. I found it hard to justify spending a ton more for a few cosmetic things. Btw, since when was the pro msrp $6000? I bought mine in January and it was much less.

Pro is $5000. Premium is $6,500, hence $1,500 more.

#406 4 years ago

Just printed off your score cards, Aurich. They look even better on paper!

Thanks for the freebie!

#407 4 years ago

Does ST Premium/LE have any fancy GI effects like MET has, or is it all white?

Rob

#408 4 years ago

Pro is $5000. Premium is $6,500, hence $1,500 more.

Stern's website has them listed as $5995 and $7495. Pricing has changed. Pro was $5395 when I bought it and premium was more than $2000 on top of that.

#409 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Stern's website has them listed as $5995 and $7495. Pricing has changed. Pro was $5395 when I bought it and premium was more than $2000 on top of that.

Stern's prices are MSRP. They are meaningless. You'll get them from a distributor for much less.

Lately, Premiums run around $6,500...give or take $100.

#410 4 years ago

Just printed off your score cards, Aurich. They look even better on paper!
Thanks for the freebie!

Right on, you're welcome.

See if the rules on them stay current soon!

#411 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

LOL!

I was wondering about that when I was cutting them at Kinkos.

#412 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Does ST Premium/LE have any fancy GI effects like MET has, or is it all white?
Rob

All white, all the color changing is in the inserts. I love the color changing GI in Metallica, but it might be too much on Star Trek when the whole playfield is changing colors.

One might surmise that the new code will take advantage of all the Prem/LE lighting.

#413 4 years ago

It is interesting....Stern hasn't tried yet to match the sheer number of color changing inserts since Star Trek Premium/LE.

Too expensive? That's a shame. Colored plastics on the inserts should be retired across the whole line with what we can do with LEDs now.

#414 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Are these cards available for sale? My printer is dead

#415 4 years ago

Attraction is a big part of Pinball. Always has been. You buy a game that will melt their eyeballs off.

I like the Preme upgrades myself. I got the Premium delivered with shaker motor for $6800 and couldn't be happier.

Would love to see some tweaks if possible to the laser in the code update. If they could use it when the entire playfield isn't lit with a lot of other red lights I think it would stand out more and have a bit more impact. Or how about dangle a spinning disco ball from the front of the Vengeance. That would be cool...

COS

#416 4 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

Are these cards available for sale? My printer is dead

They're in the package I sent to you already. Hopefully it comes tomorrow, it's not there yet right?

#417 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

They're in the package I sent to you already. Hopefully it comes tomorrow, it's not there yet right?

No they're not here yet. Probably tomorrow or Tuesday. takes about a week from Cali. to Fl.

#418 4 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

No they're not here yet. Probably tomorrow or Tuesday. takes about a week from Cali. to Fl.

So much for 2 day priority mail! When you open it the cards are in the bag with all the smaller decals.

#419 4 years ago
st.png
#420 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

One might surmise that the new code will take advantage of all the Prem/LE lighting.

Or, one might surmise, based on your insider knowledge, that you know this to be fact already.

#421 4 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Or, one might surmise, based on your insider knowledge, that you know this to be fact already.

That's a lot of surmising!

#422 4 years ago
Quoted from LP30:

Since it sounds like the code is in the wild at Logans, has anyone played it and willing to comment?

I Can't believe that after all this st code talk for so many months, nobody has tried out the supposed beta ST at Logans.

#423 4 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

I Can't believe that after all this st code talk for so many months, nobody has tried out the supposed beta ST at Logans.

Agreed Wheres the video lol

#424 4 years ago

Cooooooooooode!!!!!!

images.jpg
#425 4 years ago

It's great to hear Steve Ritchie specifically talk about wanting Keith Elwin to look for exploits including rules that encourage the timing out of modes/missions. You guys might recall my previous posts on that issue when I owned the pin! I mentioned it a time or two.

#426 4 years ago

I hope Keith Elwin lets Richie know if the apron lights work or if the cabinet phasers work or if the backbox lights work or if the asteroids work or if the ..................

#427 4 years ago

Code. Make it so.

#428 4 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

I hope Keith Elwin lets Richie know if the apron lights work or if the cabinet phasers work or if the backbox lights work or if the asteroids work or if the ..................

Not unless he sends me his LE...

#429 4 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Not unless he sends me his LE...

Send me the code and I'll check it out on my LE.

#430 4 years ago

Sure. Have fun locking up your LE with pro code

#431 4 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

Since you're not taking all the hints I'm going to just straight up tell you: yes. Yes, they work. The code is in good hands, all will be well. Don't worry about the lights.

#432 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Since you're not taking all the hints I'm going to just straight up tell you: yes. Yes, they work. The code is in good hands, all will be well. Don't worry about the lights.

Seems like Dwight Sullivan is taking this thing and running with it!

#433 4 years ago

sooo, anyone played this at logans? code report!

#434 4 years ago

This was posted in the other thread...

Some info from the person who played it already:
During the missions you can collect medals. The better you play the missions, the more medals you can collect (going from bronze to silver to gold). You can collect up to 3 medals per mode.
Medals count in the ball bonus count, but also at the start of Kobayashi Maru. For example: all bronze medals collected gives you a 15M bonus at KM start.

Vengeance is deeper. Vengeance 3 is no longer a hurry up but a mode where you can earn 10% of your score when playing it right. With some tactics (i believe combo/double playfield) you can even boost it up to 40%.

Lighshows are nicer and more polished.

Asteroid flashers are now fully implemented during gameplay.
Carl speech seems less loud now but this can be an impression.

From this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/st-code-looks-to-be-improving-in-positive-ways/page/3#post-2305857

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 434 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside