Selection_091.png
tumblr_m9caypJGSu1rsqm2no1_500.jpg
thats what she said.jpg
AD009_LG1_original.jpg
image.jpg
spock_approves_by_kit_kat1982-d4mr6u1.jpg
Untitled.jpg
pitchfork_mob.jpg
There are 434 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.
#351 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Nah, those things don't go off around me.

LOL
I meant if your vibes are from a Stern source, the BS Detector would measure the amount of BS from the source.

#352 9 years ago

So, a little nervous to step into Halo-Ring with you Pin Vets but I survived Carjackistan et al so I'll submit my 2 cents. I've e-mailed Stern several times, haven't been banned yet, and told them that I thought that the voice calls could use some work also. I know that most of you have more than adequately critiqued the mission starts and flow and I don't have the knowledge to get involved there but will say that just from a new players perspective there are some gaps. It seems to me that your are rocking for a bit and then it goes dead. Hello? A couple minutes later you get on a roll again and everything is fine. Feast or famine from what I've seen. It would be nice to have better sound effects and scoring from the Warp shots, as that can be tough to get several in a row.

On the voice calls, while they advertise a deep database it seems I only hear Keith() and Karl, the Capt., a couple Spock one-liners, and a few words from Scotty and Chekov. And of course, I AM KHAN. Duh. I know it seems trivial but I would like to see some voice call improvement using more Cumberbatch, Weller, and Klingon calls for the darkside.......... And better use of the freaking LASER!!

COSMOS to Vengeance OUT----------

#353 9 years ago
Quoted from CosmosBandit:

So, a little nervous to step into Halo-Ring with you Pin Vets but I survived Carjackistan et al so I'll submit my 2 cents. I've e-mailed Stern several times, haven't been banned yet, and told them that I thought that the voice calls could use some work also. I know that most of you have more than adequately critiqued the mission starts and flow and I don't have the knowledge to get involved there but will say that just from a new players perspective there are some gaps. It seems to me that your are rocking for a bit and then it goes dead. Hello? A couple minutes later you get on a roll again and everything is fine. Feast or famine from what I've seen. It would be nice to have better sound effects and scoring from the Warp shots, as that can be tough to get several in a row.
On the voice calls, while they advertise a deep database it seems I only hear Keith() and Karl, the Capt., a couple Spock one-liners, and a few words from Scotty and Chekov. And of course, I AM KHAN. Duh. I know it seems trivial but I would like to see some voice call improvement using more Cumberbatch, Weller, and Klingon calls for the darkside.......... And better use of the freaking LASER!!
COSMOS to Vengeance OUT----------

I think you have great ideas, but Stern may give us bupkis.
You didn't get banned because you sent an email.
Facebook messages are a different story.
Did they give you any email responses and info?

#354 9 years ago

No response at all so far. I'll keep trying though because if what I've heard is true = that Stern is producing another run of Premium machines this Spring due to demand, then I would think they would tweak the code again to support sales. I hope so, because I really like this game and I think the right code update would put this into the superior home arcade game realm. The LED lightshow with the mods available now is already close to spectacular. If the code catches up this could be the classic it deserves to be.........

COS

#355 9 years ago
Quoted from CosmosBandit:

No response at all so far. I'll keep trying though because if what I've heard is true = that Stern is producing another run of Premium machines this Spring due to demand, then I would think they would tweak the code again to support sales. I hope so, because I really like this game and I think the right code update would put this into the superior home arcade game realm. The LED lightshow with the mods available now is already close to spectacular. If the code catches up this could be the classic it deserves to be.........
COS

Look at ACDC Luci. Stern released another premium version of their hottest selling game, but did they update the code at all? No. ACDC as good as it is, could probably still use a bit more tweaking. For example make the bell saucer do something, even award mystery points since it's not easy to get it in there. And quite frankly the lower playfield needs more meat to it.

With ST, they would probably run more premiums because they have parts to build them rather than demand. I don't think demand was ever that high for the premium as most decided the pro was the best value. Even Steve alluded to that in one of his speeches.

Honestly, I can wait a while for the code if Stern would at least release a few minor updates and tweaks. It doesn't have to be all done at once. I would rather have it done RIGHT than F'ed UP!

Rob

#356 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Many were ripping Lonnie as the guy responsible for the state of the current ST code. I just hope they review the code top to bottom this time, fix the bugs and clean up what's there. They have a lot of good feedback to go on in the bugs thread.
Rob

While incompetent as Lonnie is He is not known for breaking code. Waison is though. Lonnie just writes boring rules. If it is Ropp than dear lord its been twenty years of mundane maybe its just time.

#357 9 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

While incompetent as Lonnie is He is not known for breaking code. Waison is though. Lonnie just writes boring rules.

Nicely summarized.

I'm still feeling the good energy. Gonna keep rocking the positive vibes until people decide I must be up to something and try it out themselves. I'm persistent!

#358 9 years ago

I hope so. Its on my list of pins to get after being finished. I no longer get games until a year after release now. Best thing I ever did.

#359 9 years ago
Quoted from Dis_Pinballer:

Did they give you any email responses and info?

I sent two very civil emails to them in the past two months.
I got Zero response.
If Stern is doing something poorly, they simply clam up.
What a great solution. lol
No problems are getting solved this with this mindset.

#360 9 years ago

Steve Ritchie just asked Keith Elwin to be a beta code tester for the new Star Trek code 5 hrs ago.
At least we know things are moving forward.

#361 9 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Steve Ritchie just asked Keith Elwin to be a beta code tester for the new Star Trek code 5 hrs ago.

They should have a few external testers. Good idea.

Rob

#362 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

With ST, they would probably run more premiums because they have parts to build them rather than demand. I don't think demand was ever that high for the premium as most decided the pro was the best value. Even Steve alluded to that in one of his speeches.

Calling BS on that. Steve designs Premium/LE first, then strips for Pro. If you've got a link contradicting this, post it.

#363 9 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

so that means code is coming, soon.

#364 9 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

so that means code is coming, soon.

Certainly coming faster with Keith's help.
I posted a screenshot of the conversation in the wheresthecode thread.

#366 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Calling BS on that. Steve designs Premium/LE first, then strips for Pro. If you've got a link contradicting this, post it.

Contradicting what? Your statement has nothing to do with what I said. Now I do like the premium model the best (dig the cabinet art), but I own a pro.

Rob

#367 9 years ago

Aurich,
We need the BS Detector...
Is the news part of your vibes...
LOL

#368 9 years ago

News sounds good, but we need to keep Gary's feet in the fire.

#369 9 years ago
Quoted from Dis_Pinballer:

Aurich,
We need the BS Detector...
Is the news part of your vibes...
LOL

Feeelin' goood!

#370 9 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

That's fantastic news thanks for sharing

#371 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Contradicting what? Your statement has nothing to do with what I said. Now I do like the premium model the best (dig the cabinet art), but I own a pro.
Rob

You posted that Ritchie said that buyers found the Pro to be the better bargain. Sounds unlike something he'd say. I asked for a link.

#372 9 years ago

Via Logan Arcade's fb page:

image.jpgimage.jpg
#373 9 years ago
Quoted from wontwa:

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Drool

This reminds me, I've totally forgotten to play "brick out" since getting colordmd on STTNG and I've had it since it came out. Doh! Will check it out tonight along with poker and shuttle mode (which I normally skip) Thanks for the info.

#374 9 years ago
Quoted from wontwa:

The cat is slowly wriggling out of the bag.

#375 9 years ago

How long has Dwight been back with Stern?

#376 9 years ago

Where is Pfutz? Stern needs to call in some more Big Guns to get some code done.

#377 9 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

Its waison he fubared it on Xmen and he fubared it on ST now he will fubar it on WWE. Glad steve said that

But Waison is not the one who is updating the code/rules on ST. Neither is Lonnie.

There are plenty of hints already posted regarding who has worked on updating the code (see above).

#378 9 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

How long has Dwight been back with Stern?

You would think that Stern would use this as a marketing opportunity and make some kind of official announcement about it.

Adding another experienced programmer to your team is a big deal, especially when one of the main criticisms of your business is inadequate code support.

#379 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You would think that Stern would use this as a marketing opportunity and make some kind of official announcement about it.
Adding another experienced programmer to your team is a big deal, especially when one of the main criticism of your business is inadequate code support.

Boggles the mind, doesn't it?

Glad to see Dwight back. He has coded some great games over the years!

#380 9 years ago

You posted that Ritchie said that buyers found the Pro to be the better bargain. Sounds unlike something he'd say. I asked for a link.

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2-GQbNbfGCBO6zThhjyVEnIWoB_VzR7b

56 min mark.

#381 9 years ago

Eh.

He said the Pro was about as much fun to play. It's not nearly as fun too look at though. I'm buying based on the whole package.

#382 9 years ago

I thought "code testing club" was supposed to be hush hush - but, cats out of the bag! Hopefully they'll still release it soon even if Keith finds some kind of tournament exploit "99.99%" of players would never notice. It'd be better to have this new code with all the additions and fixes even if it still turns out to need another round of polish.

#383 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I thought "code testing club" was supposed to be hush hush - but, cats out of the bag!

yes, but at least it was Ritchie who started leaking things, and not us!

#384 9 years ago

The first rule of "code testing club" is that you make vague allusions on pinside.

#385 9 years ago

I want in the club! Pretty please?

#386 9 years ago

Gregs been doing it for years lol

#387 9 years ago

What great news! My Premium arrives this week, and the new code is in beta testing!

Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket.....

#388 9 years ago

I believe there is a feature that prevents the new code from being installed until 1 year after you activate your machine. They want everyone to have the same thrill of anticipating the new code as those of us who have been waiting from the beginning.

#389 9 years ago

Eh.
He said the Pro was about as much fun to play. It's not nearly as fun too look at though. I'm buying based on the whole package.

I know. I was just posting because I think thats what Rob_G was referring too.
Pro is just as fun. And only a few less features. But the prem and LE difference not enough to justify the $$ difference for the LE.

Premium vs LE. Trim package art package and head insignia Lights.

Pro. Trim. Not all rgb Leds, no laser, virtual kickback, art package. No potatoes. No leaning ship.

Pro is the best deal in my books for basically the same game. Its not like its missing magnets, pop up targets, spinning discs, a flipper etc. Like most differences between LE's and pros.

Its basically art, trim and lighting differences. There is no one feature missing that drastically changes how the game is played or plays.

#390 9 years ago
Quoted from erak:

I know. I was just posting because I think thats what Rob_G was referring too.
Pro is just as fun. And only a few less features. But the prem and LE difference not enough to justify the $$ difference for the LE.
Premium vs LE. Trim package art package and head insignia Lights.
Pro. Trim. Not all rgb Leds, no laser, virtual kickback, art package. No potatoes. No leaning ship.
Pro is the best deal in my books for basically the same game. Its not like its missing magnets, pop up targets, spinning discs, a flipper etc. Like most differences between LE's and pros.
Its basically art, trim and lighting differences. There is no one feature missing that drastically changes how the game is played or plays.

Kickback is probably the biggest mechanical change between the two. Yes, most of the improvements are cosmetic....but damn they are good! $1,500 more for all of them? You bet.

#391 9 years ago

$1,500 more for all of them? You bet.

Can I get some of the girl scout cookies your smoking. a pen laser and a piece of shaded acrylic from my sons glow worm beg to differ. I would say more but I ha......oh look something shiny what where you talking about. Thats the market stern caters to with there BLING! A kick back cost less than 10 bucks.

#392 9 years ago

The only worthwhile thing the pro is missing from the premium is the nice glossy paint job. The lasers are a gimmick and so what if the vengeance leans forward. More color changers are nice but I like the color choices of the pro. I like the clear look and smoothness of the plastic ramps. Art package is garbage but Aurich's alternative translite and decals are the best. I just got mine and put it on last night. Simply awesome.

A big new update is exciting! Any idea how long testing usually takes?

#393 9 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

Can I get some of the girl scout cookies your smoking. a pen laser and a piece of shaded acrylic from my sons glow worm beg to differ. I would say more but I ha......oh look something shiny what where you talking about. Thats the market stern caters to with there BLING!

Quoted from jawjaw:

The only worthwhile thing the pro is missing from the premium is the nice glossy paint job. The lasers are a gimmick and so what if the vengeance leans forward. More color changers are nice but I like the color choices of the pro. I like the clear look and smoothness of the plastic ramps. Art package is garbage but Aurich's alternative translite and decals are the best. I just got mine and put it on last night. Simply awesome.
A big new update is exciting! Any idea how long testing usually takes?

Can't beat 60 plus color changing LEDs and laser multi-ball. Sorry, Premium eats Pro's lunch.

Kinda like how I just ate your argument.

#394 9 years ago

Again you are impressed by lights. That bodes well for Stern. Heyyy look a Honda with a warm air intake and 60 color changing lights!

#395 9 years ago

Oh dont forget the stickers of stuff thats not on the car......

#396 9 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

Again you are impressed by lights. That bodes well for Stern. Heyyy look a Honda with a warm air intake and 60 color changing lights!

You're right, lights suck. Why don't you just take all of them out of your pin?

Attraction is a big part of Pinball. Always has been. Perhaps you should study Pinball history.

One of my goals is to attract new people to Pinball. Friends and relatives who will be coming over to play. You don't do that with a 1950's EM. You buy a game that will melt their eyeballs off.

#397 9 years ago

I had something witty to say but decided it was likely wasted on said topic. All show and no go.

images.jpgimages.jpg

#398 9 years ago

Take a good look in the mirror.

**IMAGE REMOVED BY MOD**

#399 9 years ago

I should have my alt Trans from Aurich early this week for my Pro.

#400 9 years ago

Can't beat 60 plus color changing LEDs and laser multi-ball. Sorry, Premium eats Pro's lunch.
Kinda like how I just ate your argument.

Uh, enjoy chewing on my argument I guess. If you are happy with the premium then great. It's a beautiful machine. I found it hard to justify spending a ton more for a few cosmetic things. Btw, since when was the pro msrp $6000? I bought mine in January and it was much less.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 434 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-we-want-our-star-trek-code-now/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.